• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Welp I Digity Darn Fudged Up (Version 2.0!)
Tongue 
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the SMP server.

Minecraft name: My in game name is 2Dumb4U

Reason for your ban: The reason I was banned was I did an unauthorized addition to another players build, "grief".

Who banned you: Geckorian

Why should you be unbanned: I feel that I should be unbanned not only because of the fact that I donated, but also because I have gave myself three days to write an appeal and realize I actually should not have done what I did and was stupid to do it. I was told to leave multiple times by duck_meister , I technically committed grief, and I understand now that I was very ignorant and selfish about the whole situation. I am in the wrong, and I understand that. But if I were given a second chance and unbanned I would not commit grief again. The only reason I did build on duck_meister's dust2 map because he wanted a "secret" room on the map only he would know about. I was hoping the build I did he would like but he told me the same thing he told me before. "Do not build on the map!". But as I said before I was to ignorant and selfish to listen to him, and server rules. I really am sorry. 

Why do you want to come back: The reasons I want to comeback to hometown is because I have been this server since late December, early January, and I have just devoted so much time to the server. Another reason I want to comeback is I spent 10 of my dollars that I earned from chores on the server. I understand VIP 1 is a minuscule amount of money compared to what other people have spent on the server like duck_meister. But still, money is money. The final reason I want to be unbanned from hometown is hometown is the one and ONLY server I devote my Minecraft time to. Hence why I am in the discord almost all the time. Same with the SMP server. I was on almost all the time. Geck, I hope you understand why I want t comeback to hometown. 

I must admit that I am hesitant to accept your appeal. This is the 2nd time you have been banned for doing something you know you should not. Add to that the fact that you took some time off from the server after your last ban only to come back and get banned again shortly after your return.

I would also like to point out that the fact that you, or the person you griefed, are VIP and have spent money on the server is irrelevant to the ban and has no bearing on my decision. The fact that you spent your chore money to get it suggest to me that you understand the quality of hard work and the worth of money earned. However the fact that you were told by Duck not to do what you did and did so anyways suggest you have no interest in following our server rules. Someone who cannot adhere to our rules has no place on this server.

To be considered for unbanning please answer the following questions with at least TWO sentence each.

1) Are you allowed to add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build? Why or why not?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it? Why or why not?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(06-18-2018, 04:47 AM)Geckorian Wrote: I must admit that I am hesitant to accept your appeal. This is the 2nd time you have been banned for doing something you know you should not. Add to that the fact that you took some time off from the server after your last ban only to come back and get banned again shortly after your return.

I would also like to point out that the fact that you, or the person you griefed, are VIP and have spent money on the server is irrelevant to the ban and has no bearing on my decision. The fact that you spent your chore money to get it suggest to me that you understand the quality of hard work and the worth of money earned. However the fact that you were told by Duck not to do what you did and did so anyways suggest you have no interest in following our server rules. Someone who cannot adhere to our rules has no place on this server.

To be considered for unbanning please answer the following questions with at least TWO sentence each.

1) Are you allowed to add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build? Why or why not?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it? Why or why not?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?
Note: I was informed by both deadcore1 and UberDeathBunny that VIP 1 / donations do not help your appeal. deadcore1 told me not to worry about removing it.

1.) No, you are not allowed to break, delete and/or harvest anybody elses placed blocks, fenced in plants or animals. That is considered greif and is why I got into this situation in the first place. 

2.)If a player is banned temporarily or can still make an appeal, I do not believe so. But, I think when someone is perma - banned I believe you still have to wait like a year or some amount of time before you can take their build.( I am not 100% sure so please correct me If I m wrong. )

3.) If a build is abandoned you can not remove any part of it. The only exception is if the owner(s) give you permission to harvest any blocks in/or on the build. 

4.) If you accidentally break any block you contact the owner of the build and inform them of what happened. If they are not on get staff. Even if they are on you should still get staff.

5.)  Overall I have learned that I am selfish, and actually very very dumb, for doing things I know are gonna get me in trouble, but proceed to do. I understand the next time I get banned it is permanent. So I know I must be very careful not to break any rules. I really do enjoy this server, and community and I didn't realize that until I got banned. As a whole I understand I got to pick my next moves wisely.

The correct answer to number 2 is: No you can never take over another persons build. You can, if the person is perma banned and a minimum of 7 months has past, ask an admin to remove the build if it is within range of the area you are building in. Outside of that, the only time banned player builds are removed is if staff is doing a cleaning of the area.

For question 3, I would clarify that if the player has given you permission, you need to show proof of that to staff before making any changes to that build.

I am going to accept your appeal. I believe you understand how serious we take grief. You are correct in believing that your next ban will be your final one, regardless of what the ban is for. I have talked with other staff on this issue and we agree that you have had enough chances to follow the rules.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.