Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welp I'm A Jerk
Code:
[b]Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):[/b] SMP

[b]Minecraft name:[/b] Cubeseer

[b]Reason for your ban:[/b] Griefing

[b]Who banned you:[/b] UberDeathBunny

[b]Why should you be unbanned:[/b] Now upon reflection I realized that I was a jerk. Griefing a beacon
full of hard earned iron probably ruined someone's day. So, to be less of a jerk, I promise that I
won't ever steal again. And second chances, you know.

[b]Why do you want to come back:[/b] Hometown is the first SMP server I've been on that I actually
liked. It would be a shame for past me to ruin future me's chances of having fun on this server.

I will want at least 1 or more sentences per question. After I read your response I will consider unbanning you. 

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

6) Why you took the blocks?

7) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

1) No, it is theirs to take and harvest. I'm not sure if you can stand in an auto farm and AFK for a while, but for normal farms, unless it's stated as being public, no.
2a) Builds on Hometown are allowed to be viewed and admired, but not modified (unless you're a jerk cough cough).
2b) there is a 100 block radius of no touching around a build unless you're in a town or are given permission.
3) There is no explicit way to know if the build is actually from a banned player, and builds should be allowed to remain on even for inactive players should they become active again. Also, even dead builds can be admired and do serve purposes that should not be ended with griefing.
4) No, the player may come back, and as I stated above, abandoned builds still add to the environment and are still their hard work. It would be like burning every copy of To Kill A Mockingbird; the author is dead, but the book still "lives on".
5) Replace it. Most blocks drop themselves when broken.
6) Beacon bases are pretty tempting when they are unclaimed. Also, I was looking through a build and saw a diamond block. Not saying that it was a real struggle or anything, I was just being an opportunist and greedy.
7) That this server has actual rules that are enforced to preserve its integrity. That you should not take others hard work for yourself. That I should pay more attention to the server rules and be wiser about my choices. And respect the landscape and environment itself.

After review your appeal is accepted. Please remember to return any and all stolen items to a staff member when you log on. Failure to do so will result in a rebanning. Welcome back to HomeTown.