Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
xxEnchantyxx Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: xxEnchantyxx

Reason for your ban: Tasteless and offensive "jokes"

Who banned you: AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: Well to start off, the server didn't have many children on and most people were older and that chat showed this with lots of swearing and other offensive jokes a child would not know, so it's not like my jokes were going to traumatize a youngin'. Also, jokes are just jokes and once I once asked to stop with my jokes (even though others had been saying worse) I did stop. I was banned 5 minutes after I stopped, which made no sense and to top it off the staff were rude to my brother who asked about it. Sure, I can keep my humor to myself but mods should also keep their power abuse to themselves because I don't think this was okay. I did stop, why would I be banned after I stopped? I know how to listen. So unban me please because I can listen and my ban was unfair.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I built a giant home with my friends and worked hard on it. I made lots of progress in game. Not only that but I hadn't played Minecraft in a long time and this was the server I had come onto after a long time. I wanted something refreshing and nostalgic and got classic Minecraft survival. This server offers that and I had lots of fun with my friend a few days ago when I had come back to Minecraft after about a year or so. I want to continue my progress and continue being apart of the community I just joined and have come to know, thank you.

(06-28-2018, 11:14 AM)xxenchantyxx Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Why should you be unbanned: Well to start off, the server didn't have many children on and most people were older and that chat showed this with lots of swearing and other offensive jokes a child would not know, so it's not like my jokes were going to traumatize a youngin'. Also, jokes are just jokes and once I once asked to stop with my jokes (even though others had been saying worse) I did stop. I was banned 5 minutes after I stopped, which made no sense and to top it off the staff were rude to my brother who asked about it. Sure, I can keep my humor to myself but mods should also keep their power abuse to themselves because I don't think this was okay. I did stop, why would I be banned after I stopped? I know how to listen. So unban me please because I can listen and my ban was unfair.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I built a giant home with my friends and worked hard on it. I made lots of progress in game. Not only that but I hadn't played Minecraft in a long time and this was the server I had come onto after a long time. I wanted something refreshing and nostalgic and got classic Minecraft survival. This server offers that and I had lots of fun with my friend a few days ago when I had come back to Minecraft after about a year or so. I want to continue my progress and continue being apart of the community I just joined and have come to know, thank you.

All right, first off, you'd already been kicked and warned several times by other staff, and you kept right on spouting offensive garbage.  It took me a few minutes to collect the relevant screenshots and chat logs and consult with other staff before I issued the ban.

Moments after I did, I received a private thank-you from another player who had a history of abuse and was deeply disturbed by your 'humor' and grateful to see you removed.

As for any other players who were allegedly behaving as badly or worse, number one - no excuse, and number two - if I catch them at it I'll ban them too, provided another staff member doesn't get to them first (or hasn't already.)

Now I invite you to demonstrate some comprehension of why it's never acceptable to joke about victimizing children, not exclusively but especially when you don't know the histories of other people present, and express some actual remorse for subjecting the other players to such a gross display of insensitivity and bad taste, and then we'll talk about unbanning you.  Maybe.

(06-29-2018, 12:20 PM)AmbularD Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 11:14 AM)xxenchantyxx Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

All right, first off, you'd already been kicked and warned several times by other staff, and you kept right on spouting offensive garbage.  It took me a few minutes to collect the relevant screenshots and chat logs and consult with other staff before I issued the ban.

Moments after I did, I received a private thank-you from another player who had a history of abuse and was deeply disturbed by your 'humor' and grateful to see you removed.

As for any other players who were allegedly behaving as badly or worse, number one - no excuse, and number two - if I catch them at it I'll ban them too, provided another staff member doesn't get to them first (or hasn't already.)

Now I invite you to demonstrate some comprehension of why it's never acceptable to joke about victimizing children, not exclusively but especially when you don't know the histories of other people present, and express some actual remorse for subjecting the other players to such a gross display of insensitivity and bad taste, and then we'll talk about unbanning you.  Maybe.

I have a history of similar things too. It's matter of how sensitive someone is, I cannot control how others handle it. I don't whine about it or get sensitive because it's always gonna be somewhere since it's in the real world. I did stop joking when I was told to, I was banned after I had already stopped. I know that for a fact. I remember I was farming on the server and suddenly got banned when I had already stopped with the jokes. I don't see why you want to keep me banned when I did stop and said I wouldn't continue with it anymore. So to answer you, reasons why it shouldn't be joked about is a matter of person like I said, but here's what some people may think: It's not okay because it makes them uncomfortable and triggers them and it's a serious thing. I have a history and don't find it hard to joke or talk about. Everyone is different, I especially know that and again, I will keep that in mind and stop with my humor. I wanted to join the community again and get back on the server because I worked hard on building things with my brother, friend, and boyfriend over discord and the plot of land we have. The server grew on me and I made progress and the most important reason I want to get back on is because of how I made that progress with people I love and want to keep on doing so. I've been on many servers and lots of survival ones where I built lots and made progress and its been a year, I've come back, and I don't want to restart. So to sum it up, yes it's gross and an actual issue and I understand that with my personal past and history, but having lived through such things I've come to terms with it in my own way and am able to joke about it. People don't have to agree with my humor, and I'll keep it to myself, I get that. For whoever was subjected to this as well, then I'm sorry they went through that but they aren't alone and people handle things in different ways.

(06-30-2018, 03:45 AM)xxenchantyxx Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 12:20 PM)AmbularD Wrote:

I have a history of similar things too. It's matter of how sensitive someone is, I cannot control how others handle it. I don't whine about it or get sensitive because it's always gonna be somewhere since it's in the real world. I did stop joking when I was told to, I was banned after I had already stopped. I know that for a fact. I remember I was farming on the server and suddenly got banned when I had already stopped with the jokes. I don't see why you want to keep me banned when I did stop and said I wouldn't continue with it anymore. So to answer you, reasons why it shouldn't be joked about is a matter of person like I said, but here's what some people may think: It's not okay because it makes them uncomfortable and triggers them and it's a serious thing. I have a history and don't find it hard to joke or talk about. Everyone is different, I especially know that and again, I will keep that in mind and stop with my humor. I wanted to join the community again and get back on the server because I worked hard on building things with my brother, friend, and boyfriend over discord and the plot of land we have. The server grew on me and I made progress and the most important reason I want to get back on is because of how I made that progress with people I love and want to keep on doing so. I've been on many servers and lots of survival ones where I built lots and made progress and its been a year, I've come back, and I don't want to restart. So to sum it up, yes it's gross and an actual issue and I understand that with my personal past and history, but having lived through such things I've come to terms with it in my own way and am able to joke about it. People don't have to agree with my humor, and I'll keep it to myself, I get that. For whoever was subjected to this as well, then I'm sorry they went through that but they aren't alone and people handle things in different ways.

Somewhat against my better judgement and the recommendations of other staff members whose opinions I respect, I'll accept your appeal, mainly for the sake of your friends and because I'm not a big fan of one-strike policies.  But consider this your one and only second chance.  Please don't disappoint me.

Welcome back to Hometown.