• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recent problems on the server.
I don't really care if it's a bug or a glitch or whatever that is not the point of this thread

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

(03-02-2016, 03:27 PM)MartiGamez Wrote: To Grimm what I meant is that some staff just do what they want in chat and punish players for it.  And I don't like to give away usernames and I don't really care if they said it but I just want to just have fun again but yes it was a staff and being annoying is something that you rate you self and saying something twice doesn't seem annoying and getting jailed for it seems a little overreacted.

So you made this thread bringing to light an issue you experienced, but you're not going to do anything to try rectifying it?  Also, if you didn't care that they said what you're complaining about, then why make this thread in the first place with that apathetic attitude?

There are discrepancies between what you're complaining about and your comments now, which makes this thread very unhelpful and makes you sound like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

If you want change, then help facilitate it.  Do not sit idly, complain, and expect all the legwork to be done for you.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Grimm I want to have this solved I want to be respected in chat like I have to respect everyone too and I don't want to report users because I hate that I just want the people who did it (and they know that they did it) change how they chat and dont just rudely interrupt or join or do what they want I need to change too but I can't change the other people I just wanted to point out that admins can sometimes be rude in chat too and I know that other people have expiericed this too.

To my understanding, you feel you were wrongfully jailed, wrongfully tempbanned, and staff were rude to you.

This simply isn't true. I was online during the first incident, and I'm the person you're speaking of during the second/third. Anyone online during the time knows it. 

The first incident, you were disguising as other players. This was a problem, since it also duplicates the username, which could make it difficult to do our job. You were trying to have fun with it, but we told you to stop. You didn't understand that playtime was over. We ignored that though. The staff member you told the problem to, immediately dropped everything to fix disguise perms for every vip rank. You decided to keep informing this same staff member repeatedly of it and give updates. It was more than twice. I could see the messages. You were jailed you out of annoyance. Maybe it was a little severe, but I can clearly see why he or she did it.

The second incident was the "fuck off" incident. You seem to have a different idea of disrespect than the rest of the English speaking population. You say you said that phrase to tell people to drop the subject. That's not how the rest of the world views that phrase. You need to realize that you can't make people understand your meaning based on what you MEANT to say. We are not going to bend to your definition of rude phrases. We don't give out exceptions like that. This was poor wording and you need to work on your communication skills. You immediately logged afterwards, and I could not give out a less severe punishment than a tempban. I thought a day away from the server would let you calm down, as it looked like you had rage quit.

The third incident, you claim I was rude to you. I tried to look at my logs of that day, and unfortunately I had deleted everything due to a glitch. What I do remember is you bringing up incident number two, and I felt you were twisting my actions in a negative light. When I told you they were brought on by your own actions, you no longer wanted to speak in general chat. Forgive me if I was rude to you that time, but if I was, I was not the only one.

Just saying, but I haven't seen any staff break the rules like that or be unnecissarily rude in the manner that you're describing. Chances are, you were doing something that you weren't aware of, and there's a lot more to this story than just your side of it. Like Grimm said, your failure to give evidence besides anecdotal evidence doesn't support anything, and we can't fix issues in our staff, if they exist, unless you provide some. That being said, it looks like Ara has clarified this, and it sounds like you were jailed to allow him to work while you were constantly pestering him. Clearly you had no idea as to what was going on, and maybe you should give people space, especially if you recognize that they aren't reacting to you. I don't see any mishandling.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

I'd like to say thank you for the calm manner in which you approached this subject, Marti. I'm glad that you're trying to prevent more issues, unlike many past events that have taken place. I'm not saying that Marti has told the truth, but in all honesty I'd personally believe him without the need for evidence. He hasn't addressed specific staff members, so if staff as a whole simply take a moment to look over the way they react to player's wrong-doings I'd be completely satisfied if I was Marti. From what I can infer, that is all he seems to be asking for.
I'm not saying that anyone is in the wrong, for I am clearly not educated on this subject. I'd be grateful if this remained peaceful, and would also like to add that if I have misjudged Marti's post, please speak up so that everyone can posses a better understanding of the situation.
Many thanks,
Zo.
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela