Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: PPonk

Reason for your ban: Grief/Multiple Beacon Theft

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned: I understand that I made a mistake by taking beacons. Next time, I would respect another players builds by looking at them, but not taking anything as they have put time and effort into that build. Having someone take what you have put time and effort into isn't fair, and I shouldn't of ever done it in the first place. If I ever make this mistake again, I can expect a much harsher punishment. I wouldn't like anyone to grief my builds, therefore I shouldn't have done it myself. I agree to return any stolen beacons.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to come back so I could continue playing online with my friends 8 hours a day, and enjoy being in the servers community. Being banned has made minercraft boring, so being able to get back on the server and continue playing and working on my builds as normal would be great. I genuinely enjoy the server and not being unbanned would be devastating.

You stole 8 beacons and many blocks of high value at two different builds. I will want at least 3 or more sentences per question. After I read your response I will consider unbanning you. Due to the extent of the grief it is hard for me to allow an appeal but I will this once.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

6) Why should I let you back on the server after you griefed so many blocks at different builds?

7) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No, you aren't allowed to edit anyone's animals or plants. If you accidentally destroy a crop, plant it back and leave what you got from the previous crop. If the damage is significant, contact staff.

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
Yes, you are allowed to walk through the area of someone elses build. In doing so, you have to be mindful that you don't break or change one single block. If you accidentally do, contact staff or the owner and immediately return the items.
2b) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?
No, a 100 block proximity is too close. Before you start a build you should beforehand, check that there are no builds near yours. If so, finding another location or just moving further away would solve the problem. 

3) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No, you cannot take over another players build. The player could actually get unbanned, and then when they come back on, to discover their build has been taken over. It is best to just leave the house for the owner may come online at some point.

4) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No, you cannot remove a part of a players abandoned build .It is difficult to classify what is considered as abandoned, and what is considered a build someone is still using. Therefore, touching any artificial builds is not allowed and its best the build is just left alone.

5) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
You should place it back immediately. If this is not possible, you should contact staff as soon as possible. Also contacting the owner would be a good idea. Return the blocks to the owner.

6) Why should I let you back on the server after you griefed so many blocks at different builds?
I feel as if this experience has taught me to never grief again, and I sincerely apologize. It isn't right to destroy or edit someones build, as it doesn't belong to you. I will gladly return the blocks to you or another staff member, and I will never do this again. 

7) What have you learned from this experience?
NEVER grief someones build. Never touch someone else's build, never take over someones build. If an accident does happen, return all of the moved blocks immediately and/or contact staff. Even if a build is unclaimed, or the owner is banned, or it looks abandoned, you may view it but not edit it in anyway. In conclusion, do not touch someone else's build in any way or form, as you will receive the consequences and most likely get banned. 

I will unban you this one time. I have already taken all of the Diamonds/ores from your chests and disposed them.You must return any stolen items in your inventory when you log in (this includes any Diamond tools/armor) to a staff member or you will be re-banned.  Welcome back to HomeTown.