• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server reset
So a few days ago 1.9 came out, for some a blessing, for others a curse (not to the matter now). Now when we go and look at the server’s map, we see that it hasn’t reset in years, but instead of that the map was expanded. Now this is good, a larger map for a, I presume, growing server. None the less, the map we are on has been here for years and that means people have been building structures for years. If you don’t agree with this, go and venture out, and every chest/door/furnace you come across with, type /cinfo and right-click the door. Then do /seen username and you’ll see how long they have been gone
I’ve done this quest a few times now, and always I came with a percentage of: 80% of the people were gone above 5-… months, the (small) 20% were people who were/are still online in the previous 5 months.

------------

Now a thing with 1.9 is that there are TWO enchantments that can’t be made by using the enchanting table, you have to find them in strongholds, desert/jungle temples. Now okay, frost walking isn’t maybe that great, but mending is (by gathering xp your items get restored). Without it, you force people to give all their money away to a /repair sign.
The end, the biggest change to 1.9. I personally would think that the end itself would just be completely reset, instead of just and expansion, as staff did with the overworld. If (and I speak from experience) you don’t use the new end-island boss fight structures, the enderdragon will not know what to do and basically glitch the whole thing out (really isn’t fun).
Yes, okay, you’ll just say: “so we have to wait until a next super-fight-thing, until we can go and explore the end-city dungeons.” Well not necessarily, if staff reset the end completely and make a new sort of end/hub structure, they can fit in an endgateway block into it (can be placed in the world by simple /setblock commands).

------------

So okay, by now you must have said: “But what will happen to all the stuff we have gathered?!?” Well I got a simple solution to that: 
1.      Everyone, who signs up, gets one chest/double chest of space in a structure thing (doesn’t actually matter what the place is, but has to be contained in a certain space)
2.      Once the final date has been reached the server gets reset, but staff first worldedits, or how they do it, the contained area into the new world, so everyone can access the stuff they brought with them, like OP tools, or tons of diamonds.
And okay, some will say: but I have too much stuff for just one chest. Well to them I say (maybe a bit harsh): Learn to see what you really need, don’t bring tons of cobble, because everyone just mines that up like it’s nothing, choose what’s really important to you, to bring to the other world.

------------

Some of you might have said now: ”And what about all those crazy and magical project that we’ve all build, will they just fade into darkness?” Not really, staff can easily just publish the world-save to public, in all its glory as it now is. And yeah, some of us (even me) are now working on a project, but we can’t wait until everyone has finished theirs, because then another person starts another project, and so the circle will go on … So or you do it, or you just do it. I know, I know, but you’ll make wonderful things again. Plus, if they publish the map, you can easily just go to a place (if you saved cords) and see what you’ve build, or others.

------------

So I hope the ideas I put up here are good, and you agree with it.
If so, then we can only wait, until staff hears us
Let the STEAK rule!!!

Yeh I understand a map reset... but now the world is bigger why do we need to?
Also I think resseting the end would be cool aslong as some xp grinders get brought with like the main ones.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

The problem with your whole "we need the enchants" thing is that you can get them through villager trading, so i don't see why we should reset everything just so a few people can get the books through temples/strongholds + the people most likely to get the books are the people who wouldn't have much trouble setting up villager trading, this being people with fly who would likely spend the first day of the reset hunting down temples/strongholds just like when the resnether reset. Is that REALLY worth resetting the world, which would likely cause a significant number of players to quit?
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

I agree with wrex, I could understand your idea about resetting due to the books thing, but now I have learned you can trade them off villagers I feel there is no point resetting -\_(o.0)_/-
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

(03-03-2016, 05:49 PM)Wrexial33 Wrote: The problem with your whole "we need the enchants" thing is that you can get them through villager trading, so i don't see why we should reset everything just so a few people can get the books through temples/strongholds + the people most likely to get the books are the people who wouldn't have much trouble setting up villager trading, this being people with fly who would likely spend the first day of the reset hunting down temples/strongholds just like when the resnether reset. Is that REALLY worth resetting the world, which would likely cause a significant number of players to quit?

No you can't get the enchants through villagers, they can ONLY be found in dugeons/strongholds/temples

It's not only for those books, but rather for the wasted space that there now is, hometown has been up since 1.6 or less. The map hasn't changed since then, only expanded. that's thr problem, the world is like made out of 80% abandomend buildings by players who left
Let the STEAK rule!!!

You sure can get enchanted books through villagers, there are even warps for villager trading posts set up.

I personally have a villager that gives me Efficiency 4 books if I need them.
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

It specifically says you can get it through "trading," hence you get it from librarians,  and the abandoned build problem still doesn't fix that players who have spent months or even years building here don't want to lose their builds,  in addition they want to share those builds with others, hence the world save isn't a good solution.  In addition, many players have spent thousands of dollars on their builds, are you gonna figure out a way to return that money?  I know I've spent at least 5k on my builds, on things like warps and tool repairs, If the server reset, I'd be losing all that investment, some of which was paid for using real money or came with the vip 3 upgrade. There are good reasons why the server hasn't been reset,and until you can come up with a good solution or frosty randomly decides to reset, it's probably not gonna happen. A better solution would be to create a new world, like other servers have done, and have an Old town and a New town so that there is a transition period where players can keep their old builds and start making new builds in the new world, and then when Old town is nearly abandoned, that world can be removed and a save of it distributed.

EDIT: In addition to be obtainable by trading, you can also get mending and frost walker from fishing, so anyone with a puddle and a fishing rod can get it, so the cost of villager trading doesn't matter either.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

Honestly the world needs to be reset. The current map is old as 1.6, we need a reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

This has been suggested many many times before and shot down because we all have precious builds in the world. So, staff decided to create the resource world to supply us with the new items. I believe this resource world works well so we can just use the resource world.
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

Just a question. If the world resets do all build disappear?

(03-03-2016, 11:15 PM)JoBot2014 Wrote: This has been suggested many many times before and shot down because we all have precious builds in the world. So, staff decided to create the resource world to supply us with the new items. I believe this resource world works well so we can just use the resource world.

How do we get to the resource world?