• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server reset
(03-04-2016, 03:15 PM)Arrei Wrote: Frost has already stated there won't be a server reset in the foreseeable future. Even if one is eventually necessary, he seems to believe the old world and a new world can be concurrently maintained on the server without issue anyway. There is definitely no such need for it in 1.9 though - as has been stated the only new addition of any consequence is additional strongholds, which hold no unique items we can't get elsewhere much more easily and would be found in great number the next time the resource world gets reset.

Note the decision to not reset does not extend to side worlds like the Nether and End. Should circumstances require a reset for those, they're much more likely to get wiped clean than the main world is, though they'd need to be quite extenuating circumstances. The only thing I can currently think of is that Elytra might be prohibitively rare on multiplayer, and might require something more to make them more available.

This is probably the best thing i have heard all week! I've been so worried.
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

(03-04-2016, 11:07 PM)Beo Wrote: Maybe they could be very expensive (like $500) and could be non-resellable, like pstones. Or, if it becomes an issue, they could be completely non-transferable and gifting them would be prohibited.

I agree on this they should be like pstones.
Have a great day!  Angel

Thing is, few people have enough money to buy bulk elytra to sell to players, and it's hard to turn a profit when there is a literal infinite supply that would by nature be cheaper, hence the reason there isn't a player had market or why there was never a perma light furnace market. Admittedly those are less useful than an the elytra but the principle remains the same
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]