• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Chunk Build Competition
When:
Competition opens Monday, August 13th 12:00 noon est. Ends Monday,  August 27th 12:00 noon est. (two weeks)

Where:
Warp Onechunk to be opened the date and time of competition start

Who:
Competition is open to all players and staff (minus judges)

How to participate:
Those interested can go to warp onechunk starting on Monday, August 13th 12:00 noon est. Once there, they may find and claim a numbered chunk, outlined with andesite blocks and torches, in which to build in. Each build chunk is numbered with a sign. These andesite blocks and torches may be removed by builders to do their project. Numbered signs should be moved to one block outside the chunk and given the same number. These numbers will be needed for determining the winners. Once the build is completed, participants are to /mail send Geckorian with the IGN of the builder(s) and the chunk lot number. Other judges will not have this information untill voting has finished. Competition will end on Monday, August 27th at 12:00 noon est. Judges will evaluate and vote during that week and winner(s) will be announced Sunday, September 2nd on the forums.

What to build:
Participants may build anything they wish within the chunk, so long as it follows the rules and guidelines below.

Rules/Guidelines
1) Participants are to use their own building materials for construction.
2) Builds must stay inside the chosen chunk (F3+G to see chunk borders) and must be between levels 64 and 200.
3) Team builds are allowed but are limited to 4 players per team.
4) While not required, it is recommended that you golden shovel claim your chunk.  After the winner(s) have been announced, participants will have until Monday, September 17th 2018 to return and /abandonclaim to reclaim chunk blocks and, if they choose, reclaim their materials. After September 17th, all remaining claims will be removed by staff and those claim blocks and materials will be lost to the player(s).
5) Players who are banned during the competition will be disqualified, regardless of appeal approval.
6) While staff members may participate, no judge may do so.
7) Offensive builds will be removed and disqualified. If an offensive build also violates server rules, it may result in a ban of the player(s) involved.
8) Redstone builds are allowed but please keep it reasonable. Large redstone builds produce lag and should be avoided. It is recommended that redstone builds have, incorporated in their design, an off switch or use a button to turn on and off to limit lag.
9) Sabotage or grief of another participants build will result in a ban and disqualification.

Prizes: (prizes to be slit among winning build team members)
Top prize: 20,000 in game cash
1st runner up: 10,000 in game cash
2nd runner up: 5,000 in game cash
2 Honorable mentions: 3,000 in game cash
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

You actually are doing this o.o

Rip my dream of hosting this. . .

Welp IS there a certain theme to it? or
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

no themes per say, just one chunk build. If you wanna make a house, got for it. A statue, fine. A park, sure. Use the chunk however you want, just try not to go overboard on the redstone.

I already got something in mind. also can the winners get their build w/ed to somewhere else or is that not possible
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I'm waiting for somebody to host just a normal build competition so I can make a giant sculpture of Frost doing the flash dance pose
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

What do you mean "normal" build competiton?
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(08-11-2018, 05:36 AM)Anonymouse Wrote: I already got something in mind. also can the winners get their build w/ed to somewhere else or is that not possible

Deadcore says he is willing to w/ed peoples builds to their lands when done. So it's a possiblility

Thanks!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Competition is now open at warp onechunk.

Exclamation 
I know I said the winners would not be announced until Sunday but voting concluded early

Congrats to the Winners of the OneChunk Build Competition

Grand Prize: ThatOneWolfe (lot 6)
1st Runner up: I401Bluesteel (lot 22)
2nd Runner up: BaronVonBiscuit (lot 4)
Honorable Mentions:
4lBatross (lot 25)
Feladina (lot 65)

Winners will have already been notified by in game mail and the prize money added to their accnts.

Thank you for all who participated. Those who wish to reclaim their building materials have until September 17th to do so. After that time, the warp will be removed and the area removed.