Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Banned For Xray
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): 
SMP

Minecraft name: 
Bears290

Reason for your ban: 
I mined too many diamonds to fast and they thought i used xray to get them when i found a ravine and mined half the thing for over an hour
Who banned you: 
LilDevilian

Why should you be unbanned: 
although i have the xray pack in my resource packs for survival with my brother on our own server, i wouldnt use it on this as i read the rules and realize its not allowed. im not dumb i know they check the logs and i guess they thought i was using it. if needed ill just delete the xray pack but i dont use it in any other games.

Why do you want to come back:
I put a lot of time into making my house and build and want to return to finish it and it gives me something to do daily.

I see that you've decided to be dishonest in your appeal. This I do not appreciate at all, as it wastes both your time and mine. But since you are saying that you haven't used xray, I'll show you what your mines look like. Please take a look at these images and read what I've written under all of them. 
Click here: https://imgur.com/a/DjVg8pm

Now, this is what you are saying:

[Image: hgLCHUa.png]

And this is what the logs are saying: 

[Image: kPNvgNq.png]

I should not have to point out that these two don't match, because I'm sure that you've realised that yourself.  In fact, when I went through all your breaks I found out that you had only spent approximately 10 minutes in the ravine itself. And the only diamond ores you found in the ravine, were the ones you found from digging straight down. You then covered up these breaks with andesite. This suggests that you knew that you were breaking the rules at the time, since you felt the need to cover up your tracks. Furthermore, all these diamond ore veins would have been impossible to find without some sort of cheat. 

So, in short; Yes, you did in fact xray. And therefore this appeal is denied and it will remain denied until you decide to own up to your actions.
xo

(08-08-2018, 03:44 PM)LilDevilian Wrote: I see that you've decided to be dishonest in your appeal. This I do not appreciate at all, as it wastes both your time and mine. But since you are saying that you haven't used xray, I'll show you what your mines look like. Please take a look at these images and read what I've written under all of them. 
Click here: https://imgur.com/a/DjVg8pm

Now, this is what you are saying:

[Image: hgLCHUa.png]

And this is what the logs are saying: 

[Image: kPNvgNq.png]

I should not have to point out that these two don't match, because I'm sure that you've realised that yourself.  In fact, when I went through all your breaks I found out that you had only spent approximately 10 minutes in the ravine itself. And the only diamond ores you found in the ravine, were the ones you found from digging straight down. You then covered up these breaks with andesite. This suggests that you knew that you were breaking the rules at the time, since you felt the need to cover up your tracks. Furthermore, all these diamond ore veins would have been impossible to find without some sort of cheat. 

So, in short; Yes, you did in fact xray. And therefore this appeal is denied and it will remain denied until you decide to own up to your actions.

i talked to my brother about it and he got onto my account and did this. he got on my laptop went into this server got banned and tried to lie to cover it so i wouldnt notice. i deleted xray and am not allowing him to play on my computer ever again. please forgive me and my dumb brother for doing this and i will do anything it takes to get back on.

” My brother did it ” is not a valid excuse to cover a ban. You are responsible for managing your account, which means that everything that happens on your account is your responsibilty. Do you understand that?

In addition to that question I’d also like you to answer a few more questions. After I’ve read your answers to these questions I will reconsider unbanning you, so it really should be in your best interest to answer these questions properly.

-Why is xraying bad?
-How does xraying affect other players?
-How does xraying affect the servers economy?
-What have you learned from this ban?

Please take your time and think through your answers.
xo

-Why is xraying bad?

because it allows a player to cheat his way up to gaining diamonds and other tools to kill other players or advance quicker which makes the game unfun for every other player.

-How does xraying affect other players?

while one player is slowly progressing through earning their items another is getting diamonds the easy way and using it on other.

-How does xraying affect the servers economy?

the server is built on a earn it type view and if one player does it and gets away cant another do it. it cycles till everyone's doing it and cant be stopped without destroying the server.

-What have you learned from this ban?

to never use xray because it hurts other players and is not morally ok. its a horrible thing to do

I'll copy paste this here for you to help you out, because right now I feel like you've missed the mark. 

" PSA - XRAYING appeals are accepted on very few occasions. An xray appeal must be long and well written in order to even be considered. Before making an xray appeal, please put as much effort as possible or it will be denied. 

2. Use effort: Moderators want to unban you, but not unless you actually put some effort into trying to get unbanned. Write a detailed appeal explaining what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and what you should've done instead. Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal. "

Source: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3
xo