Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm sorry for not replanting crops and small grief
Exclamation 
The server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: XxBighouse45xX

Reason for your ban: "Grief/Crop theft"

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned: I feel like I should be reinstated because I have donated to VIP3 and also plan to become an active and valuable community member. I love to build and hope to also help new players to get on their feet.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because HomeTown is such a good community and it is a great place to be with all the activity and great people to play MC with. 

I watched you go from player build to player build removing and placing the blocks back. Just because you are VIP does not allow you to break other players blocks or the rules of HomeTown.  The crop theft was minor. I will want a least 3 sentences for each of the following questions. For future reference, NEVER use having VIP as a reason to be unbanned.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why you took the blocks?

6) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(08-21-2018, 04:35 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: I watched you go from player build to player build removing and placing the blocks back. Just because you are VIP does not allow you to break other players blocks or the rules of HomeTown.  The crop theft was minor. I will want a least 3 sentences for each of the following questions. For future reference, NEVER use having VIP as a reason to be unbanned.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

That's all I got in my defense so I will do the sentences perfectly

(08-21-2018, 04:35 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: I watched you go from player build to player build removing and placing the blocks back. Just because you are VIP does not allow you to break other players blocks or the rules of HomeTown.  The crop theft was minor. I will want a least 3 sentences for each of the following questions. For future reference, NEVER use having VIP as a reason to be unbanned.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in 
animals?

Answer) No, In lamens terms, if it's not yours then don't touch it unless the owner gives you permission. I should've been thinking a lot more when flying from place to place. It clearly states in the rules not to grief and steal in the future I will keep these sets of rules in mind while exploring. 

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

Answer) If I was ever to stumble upon a banned player build in the future I would not take its resources. If I wanted to I would ask an admin to see if that player would ever return. I would then follow up with the question "Could I harvest the build if they are not allowed to return". But in all NO It is wrong because you never know if they will return to HomeTown.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

Answer) To be completely honest I don't know what an abandoned build would look like. But if I suspected it to be abandoned I would not take any blocks or farms. In the rules, it states No Griefing and stealing so that rule would be a deterrent from taking the blocks and farms in the first place. 

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

Answer) If that was to happen then I would immediately replace the block and send its owner a mail letting him/her know what had happened. If the player was online I would replace the block and PM then make them aware of the incident. 

5) Why you took the blocks?

Answer) To be completely honest, I have no idea why. I primarily come from a now dead server called LockedCraft and on there that was an ok and regular occurrence that happened to my build and others. It was just a bad habit you could say. 

6) What have you learned from this experience?

Answer) What I have learned is, is that HomeTown has a strict set of rules which should be followed at all times while on the servers. I also have learned to be constantly conscious of said rules and to always be evaluating my actions when exploring for resources. All in all, this was a positive experience and one that in game I won't be forgetting.

I will give you another chance. Understand that you can NEVER harvest another players build even if they are banned permanently. Only staff may remove player builds from the server and this is usually done with world edit. If you do happen to accidentally break a players build the proper thing to do is to contact staff ASAP so they can fix it. And in the future please do not take items out of item frames if they do not belong to you. Now that you have a better understanding of the rules of HomeTown you have been unbanned. Welcome back.