Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Dylandog01

Reason for your ban: Beacon Theft

Who banned you: Guy.

Why should you be unbanned: I was very unaware that the beacon that was in the middle of the desert in the resource world was another players. I figured that is was randomly spawned by staff as a reward for venturing out. I mined it and put it in a chest as a gift to my friend. I did not even know I had stolen otherwise I would have left it. I was also unaware of the rules. They did not show up when I typed in the commands. So if there was something there then i missed it. If there was a sign that told me not mine beacons in any world then I may have missed that. It was completely unintentional. I had no intention of stealing or greifing another player and was even going to apologize. Unfortunately I was banned before I could say anything.

Why do you want to come back: I had just recently started playing Minecraft again and wanted to try this server to see how it is. So far it has been very good. There's lots of space for building and the two realms makes it easy to get resources. I like to keep the land the way it is as much as I can and I like that aspect of another realm. I Was just starting a little village with my friend who had just started. We had hardly build't anything. I was excited to build the treasury and finish the other areas of our build. I was only collecting resources when I found the beacon and took it as a reward for travelling so far. I didn't know it was anyone's and I am sorry. I am willing to give it back, its in a chest. I'm just starting out and want to continue to build and do more creative things and expand my creative aspect into our works.

Please answer the following questions in 1-2 sentences.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you take the beacon?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

(09-06-2018, 01:32 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Please answer the following questions in 1-2 sentences.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

I assume that you are not allowed to steal or destroy other players blocks. I also assume that the golden shovel is used to prevent theft or greif and will also state that the beacon was not under protection.

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

I honestly have no idea. However I would say no. It is not their build and i do not think other players are allowed to take over a build esspecially if their ban can be lifted. I also think another player could take over a build of a banned player if they know eachother, and have consent from the previous player.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

I would assume no because there is no proof that the player has been banned or if they had just left for a few days. It would make sense to be allowed to destroy another build if it was confirmed and approved by an admin.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

Put the block back and fix anything you may have done damage to. If you cannot fix what you have done I would contact the admin and confess to what you have done wrong and try to either replace the damaged goods or be punished accordingly.

5) Why did you take the beacon?

I did not know that it belogned to anyone. There was no sign stating that it was owned, and it was not near any other build that I could notice. If I had known that the beacon was another players, I would not have broken or took any of the blocks. I took the beacon becasue I thought it was a randomly generated beacon put in by staff as a reward to venturing players. All items were placed in a chest as a gift for my friend who i thought would be happy to see that i had found a beacon. It was also in the resource world, so I fugured that no one was around, building or would think to leave (build) a beacon in the middle of no where.

6) What have you learned from this experience?

I have learned that I should not take any beacon ever and to try and find a way to read the rules, that is not on the server because for some reason I can't read them. Considering neither of your staff gave me a chance to explain myself, nor did any of them ask me and let me have a real conversation. I was banned after being asked a few questions. I answered two of them and would have eagerly given the beacon back if I had the chance. However I was banned in the coarse of two minutes and was unaware of what had really even happened. I was honest about taking the beacon becasue it was never my intention to steal. 

Alright so a few things, first and foremost while we do use the golden shovel plugin, we have no requirement that players protect their build (There are a few reasons for this, a big one being that they often don't have enough claim blocks to claim everything they build). As a result players are not allowed to change builds they did not create unless they had permission from the owner of the build. As far as the random beacons go, players often will place beacons at their mining outposts in order to create a haste mine. Last I would also point out that the answer to question 2 is no. Please update your responses and I will take another look asap.

(09-07-2018, 05:56 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright so a few things, first and foremost while we do use the golden shovel plugin, we have no requirement that players protect their build (There are a few reasons for this, a big one being that they often don't have enough claim blocks to claim everything they build). As a result players are not allowed to change builds they did not create unless they had permission from the owner of the build. As far as the random beacons go, players often will place beacons at their mining outposts in order to create a haste mine. Last I would also point out that the answer to question 2 is no.  Please update your responses and I will take another look asap.

That does make sense and I totally agree that people should not have to worry about protecting their build, I was just making a point to why I thought it would be random. I can understand why a person would place a beacon to get a buff, it was a mistake and I did not intentionally try and steal and in hind sight i can see why you guys thought i had stolen.

2 No you can not change any build that is not your own unless you get direct permission from the owner of the build. So no, another player cannot take over a banned players build unless allowed by the owner of the build.

Your sincerity seems genuine. And thus you have been unbanned. Please turn in the beacon and any other materials that were stolen to staff (Guardian, Mod, Admin). If you have stolen anything else or griefed anything else, please inform staff otherwise you may be banned for the same incident. Remember to read and follow the rules.

Anyways, welcome back to HomeTown!

(09-08-2018, 09:38 AM)Hiyoko Wrote: Your sincerity seems genuine. And thus you have been unbanned. Please turn in the beacon and any other materials that were stolen to staff (Guardian, Mod, Admin). If you have stolen anything else or griefed anything else, please inform staff otherwise you may be banned for the same incident. Remember to read and follow the rules.

Thank you very much, i will return the beacon if it has not been seized by an admin already.

(09-08-2018, 08:39 PM)Dylandog01 Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 09:38 AM)Hiyoko Wrote: Your sincerity seems genuine. And thus you have been unbanned. Please turn in the beacon and any other materials that were stolen to staff (Guardian, Mod, Admin). If you have stolen anything else or griefed anything else, please inform staff otherwise you may be banned for the same incident. Remember to read and follow the rules.

Thank you very much, i will return the beacon if it has not been seized by an admin already.

It has Been returned to the moderator Lil, Devion