• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not leaving for a year!
So I haven't been able to log into the server / use minechat for a while. I've updated to 1.13 on both platforms and have the correct IP but it won't let me log in.

Since moving to university I discovered that my halls have a filter on their network, and some games (such as elite dangerous) are completely blocked for some reason. I was told that this is mostly for subscription games like WoW, but I didn't think that minecraft would be blocked.

It seems that it is. I can't log onto any servers, even with the correct minecraft version. I can't log into any servers using minechat over their WiFi either. I can't even use VPNs/Tor because my halls network blocks all darkweb and VPN traffic (p sure minecraft doesn't work over tor anyway).

So yeah, unless I find a fix I won't be able to log into HomeTown at all while living in these halls. So that means an entire year away from hometown. I'm hoping I'll find a fix but the hope is low.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, uni is going alright and I'm settling in with my new flatmates and etc. I have some weird ass black mould growing in my room and the heating was only switched on today but I swear it's habitable.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

:< I'm sorry to hear that Pengu, I hope you figure out a way past this issue but until then wishing for the best for you!

Pengu, gosh thats bad Please survive for us, also I can grief check your builds as ill have expert in two days. Im so sad to see that you can't log on, maybe you could talk to the college staff?
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Minecraft Union. For the Minecrafters; By the Minecrafters.
Stay strong, Pengu.

Oh, no. I hope you find a way around it! Until then, take care and we'll miss you!

So sad news! We're already missing u! ;w; Take care Pengu <3
//Sonya

--Owner of /Warp Sstore--
       --Co-Owner of /Warp Moderntown--

I find it unlikely that they blocked every server in the world. You might ask the admins of the network you are connecting to if they are instead whitelisting domains. If so, ask them if they would whitelist hometowns domain name (smp.hometownmc.com). I wouldn't recommend having them whitelist hometown's actual IP because the IP tends to change from time to time.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

(10-03-2018, 09:08 PM)victorycry Wrote: I find it unlikely that they blocked every server in the world.

They haven't blocked the servers, they've blocked the game itself. I can only play singleplayer, which is boring as fuck. Also, the network is as is and cannot be appealed.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Pengu, If you're using a MacBook, HotSpot VPN in the app store, on some occasions, can be used if a network blocks VPN. My school blocks VPN as well and HotSpot VPN isn't blocked somehow, so you may find some luck using that. It CLAIMS it has a paid subscription, but just keep scrolling past it until you find the X at the bottom and close it, and it's free to use from there. Good Luck in uni xx
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

Peng ilysm and hope you're having a great time! u,u
- KatNip