• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most stupid 20 minutes Mute i've ever seen
Hi, im actually new to the server, i came 2 days ago , and today happened an unfair fact,
i was playing with a friend: Captain_fatbelly, we did an 636376437743747 blocks jump, he left instantly after so , i said "fuck u" but i was just joking, i know i got warned multiple times for cuss and spam, so the mute here it's ok, butttt.....
after i got muted i decided to leave the server because i was just getting bored , and i went doing other things, i didn't join in the server for like 10/11 minutes, then i rejoined and i got muted again for 10 minute by Guy because "i left for avoiding the mute" ,  so you are actually telling me that if a person gets muted he need to tstay in the server until he gets unmuted, and also if he left for the duraton of the mute he gets muted AGAIN?!!!! i need to say that im new to the server and i didn't EVEN KNOW that leaving make me avoid the mute, because in EVRY other server i played, you stay muted also if you leave. and personally it's actually stupid that if a guy get muted he need to stay in the server , so i actually lose time in my real life, and if you guys think about it, if you stay afk for 10 minutes you actually get kicked so if that happened, i would get muted for the third time because apparently it seems that im trying to avoid the mute.....
i personally think that this is the most stupid event i've ever seen and i hope the staff understand it.

It's 10 minutes muted, not 10 minutes going offline so you don't have to face being muted. You want to not face it so badly then go afk somewhere and wait out your mute while you do other stuff but don't complain because you had to deal with your punishment.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

Alright so here's the deal Hussin, I get that you are new to the server, I do, but after multiple warnings on chat etiquette, witnessing you arguing over kicks  and other similar chat issues over the course of the last two days, and after multiple warnings today I went ahead and issued a 10 minute mute.  Not two minutes later you logged out, logging back in only once the mute was expired. At which point I warned you for logging out to circumvent a mute and reissued the mute. A mute on our server is intended as a minor punishment, temporarily removing the ability to chat from players following multiple chat related issues (See Lvl 1 punishment in HT Rulebook below)  I am sorry if you felt that I was a bit harsh, but logging out to avoid a punishment (Especially mutes) defeats the entire purpose of said punishment.

HT Rulebook: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

Can I just pop in tho real quick? you aren't really "avoiding" it are you though? because you still don't actually talk in chat...? if anything he chose to leave and didn't even have fun playing for 10 minutes either.

I'm not trying to start anything, just want a staff members opinion/advice towards this sort of thing.

and hey, instead of him using an afk farm or afk machine and taking up a space on the server or keeping chunks loaded and adding more weight onto the server's hosting, he left, which removes those "cons" of staying in a afk farm or something similiar.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

I kind of agree with sky on this one personally. I mean, if he was offline for the full duration of the mute, and logging off doesn't actually circumvent the mute, then I'd say he paid that in full and the second mute seemed uncalled for to me. A second mute would seem like trying to force someone through something they already went through.

Also, last I read, the rules don't say you have to be online during a mute. And whether online or not, your still not talking, and are cooling down. Which is what the mute is meant for.

That being said, it's a mute. It's not a ban, or even a temp ban. The mute is more than likely over now, and the lesson learned (I hope). Anything after that is just being an activist and trying to change the server. Just learn from what happened.

Just my personal opinion, doesn't change anything.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

(10-05-2018, 11:35 PM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright so here's the deal Hussin, I get that you are new to the server, I do, but after multiple warnings on chat etiquette, witnessing you arguing over kicks  and other similar chat issues over the course of the last two days, and after multiple warnings today I went ahead and issued a 10 minute mute.  Not two minutes later you logged out, logging back in only once the mute was expired. At which point I warned you for logging out to circumvent a mute and reissued the mute. A mute on our server is intended as a minor punishment, temporarily removing the ability to chat from players following multiple chat related issues (See Lvl 1 punishment in HT Rulebook below)  I am sorry if you felt that I was a bit harsh, but logging out to avoid a punishment (Especially mutes) defeats the entire purpose of said punishment.

the problem is that i didn't left for avoiding the mute xd

(10-05-2018, 11:35 PM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright so here's the deal Hussin, I get that you are new to the server, I do, but after multiple warnings on chat etiquette, witnessing you arguing over kicks  and other similar chat issues over the course of the last two days, and after multiple warnings today I went ahead and issued a 10 minute mute.  Not two minutes later you logged out, logging back in only once the mute was expired. At which point I warned you for logging out to circumvent a mute and reissued the mute. A mute on our server is intended as a minor punishment, temporarily removing the ability to chat from players following multiple chat related issues (See Lvl 1 punishment in HT Rulebook below)  I am sorry if you felt that I was a bit harsh, but logging out to avoid a punishment (Especially mutes) defeats the entire purpose of said punishment.

the problem is that i didn't left for avoiding the mute xd