Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Kuonteje

Reason for your ban: X-raying

Who banned you: Ambular and a name I've forgotten in the meantime

Why should you be unbanned: I'm an idiot, I was curious to see what would happen, I have no remote intention of even trying that again. Essentially, I didn't think that decision through at all, which is entirely my own fault and I accept full responsibility. All I can really ask for is a second chance, on the promise that I'll never cheat in future. What I should've done, in hindsight, is a) follow the rules properly (although that goes without saying) and b) realise that Minecraft servers have definitely advanced enough that of course admins are going to find out if I start looking directly through the world at diamond veins and mining straight to them. I'm an experienced Siege player, I know how obvious wallhacks are if you know how to look, but just didn't *think*. In summary, I've learnt my lesson well and will not repeat my mistake. Sorry for my oversight :/

Why do you want to come back: The community seemed excellent, in the few hours I was online. People were friendly and helpful, and the server looked like an excellent place to restart playing vanilla Minecraft after a multiple year break. I appreciate I've likely darkened my name by getting banned, but I'd like the chance to rebuild that.

PS: I'm autistic, so sorry if I come across as unapologetic or cold, I'm just bad at expression.

I saw this questionnaire in a different X-ray ban appeal while idly browsing, so I thought it might help to answer it as I anticipate I'll be asked the questions anyway.

Why is X-raying bad?
It's cheating, which gives one an unfair advantage over other players for no good reason.

How does X-raying affect other players?
It gives the X-rayer an advantage over them, essentially, and I would guess it's demoralising to see someone so far ahead in so little time.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
It artificially deflates the price of the item the X-rayer went for, which has a tendency to crash economies, and would more specifically mean that people who spent time and effort acquiring, say, diamonds legitimately and going to sell them would fetch a lower price and thus get less for their work.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
Standard mining methods and any other way of obtaining it that doesn't involve cheating or stealing etc.

What have you learned from this ban?
Think before acting, and follow the rules.

Thank you for being honest about x-raying. You seems sincere, so we decided you will be unbanned on the account that you turn in all your x-rayed items to a staff member upon logging on. Your money balance will be reset to $0.

Welcome back to Hometown!
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]