• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Derp (Guardian) discriminates against Greenview
Is anyone else highly annoyed with Derp's discrimination against Greenview?  I'm so sick and tired of her telling everyone to keep Greenview chat out of public chat.  All the other towns are allowed to chat in public chat but not Greenveiw.  If someone is looking for a place to live and you mention Greenview expect to get told by Derp to get GreenView out of chat.  90% of the active users are usually residents of Greenveiw and some of the most active players on the server.  I had someone ask for a paying job and I mentioned that I had shops in Greenview that he could sell items to.  Derp told me to get Greenview out of chat.  This is not fair and is discrimination!  All towns and all people should be treated equally!!!

It is not that *she* "discriminates" against your town, it is that your town is the only active town on the server that holds "town meetings" in public chat and not in a party to keep the chat flood-free, which, to many users, is considered spammy and annoying. She has also said that you are allowed to discuss town politics in chat but if it gets spammy it could flood chat.
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

(11-13-2018, 07:16 AM)Ender_Muncher Wrote: It is not that *she* "discriminates" against your town, it is that your town is the only active town on the server that holds "town meetings" in public chat and not in a party to keep the chat flood-free, which, to many users, is considered spammy and annoying. She has also said that you are allowed to discuss town politics in chat but if it gets spammy it could flood chat.

Sorry, but this is not true!  Anytime someone says Greenview, she immediately says "Get Greenview out of chat"!  That is discrimination!

"get Greenview out of chat" means to go in a party because you're most likely flooding chat. As far as I know, there are no current staff members that discriminate or have discriminated in the past and I can assure you that you aren't being discriminated. I want to tell you to stop complaining and listen to staff, but I won't. You should directly ask Derp why she tells you to "get Greenview out of chat," it would probably help.

I'd also like to add that other towns are told to also talk in parties, you just might not have noticed.

[blueinc.]

(11-13-2018, 07:45 AM)blue Wrote: "get Greenview out of chat" means to go in a party because you're most likely flooding chat. As far as I know, there are no current staff members that discriminate or have discriminated in the past and I can assure you that you aren't being discriminated. I want to tell you to stop complaining and listen to staff, but I won't. You should directly ask Derp why she tells you to "get Greenview out of chat," it would probably help.

I'd also like to add that other towns are told to also talk in parties, you just might not have noticed.

I do listen to staff and we were NOT flooding chat!  It's a free world and we have freedom of speech!  I have several family member whom have given their life to give me freedom of speech and I will utilize my RIGHT!

I am sick of this!!! Greenview gets so much hate from new staff members I think we all got blacklisted. the guardians are abusing their power. we do not flood the chat. BUT... the guardians do if someone calls them out they mute them or ban them. I am sorry if you keep doing this i might leave the server. I do not want to but you need to check out what the staff are doing.

Dude, it's Minecraft. Like come on, it's a video game, not a free world.

Point being, this has gotten out of hand. Talk to Derp, I'm done responding here.

[blueinc.]

(11-13-2018, 08:26 AM)Queen_Cake Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 07:45 AM)blue Wrote: "get Greenview out of chat" means to go in a party because you're most likely flooding chat. As far as I know, there are no current staff members that discriminate or have discriminated in the past and I can assure you that you aren't being discriminated. I want to tell you to stop complaining and listen to staff, but I won't. You should directly ask Derp why she tells you to "get Greenview out of chat," it would probably help.

I do listen to staff and we were NOT flooding chat!  It's a free world and we have freedom of speech!  I have several family member whom have given their life to give me freedom of speech and I will utilize my RIGHT!

Sorry, but that's a U.S right. It's not a right on the internet, nor is it on the server, if it was we would have people throwing
curses and threats at others left and right. Now, If you want to host politics I do suggest it being in a /party chat so it doesn't message the sixty people who arent in the town (in fact party chat is easier for your town members to see [In fact, I use /party chat to talk to people I need to instead of msging one at a time!). Also, derp isn't discriminating against your town, I've seen derp tell others to do the same! Anyways, Thanks for reading!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Really though you just have to say Greenview and.. BAM you get attacked or warned. Greenview "Do not use that name we hates it we does" the new staff. I do not mean to hate on staff but look before you reply and think

I am sick of this!!! Greenview gets so much hate from new staff members I think we all got blacklisted. the guardians are abusing their power. we do not flood the chat. BUT... the guardians do if someone calls them out they mute them or ban them. I am sorry if you keep doing this i might leave the server. I do not want to but you need to check out what the staff are doing.