• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com (Survival Server)

Minecraft name: Ziebo

Reason for your ban: X-Ray to mine for diamonds.

Who banned you: Trekkie & LilDevilian

Why should you be unbanned: X-Ray is unfair and gives me an upper advantage above others which is not right for a pure survival server. I realized that I was immature with my actions and that by lying to the admins even though they had evidence was wrong especially when they're purpose is to provide a enjoyable and fair server while giving everyone equal oppurtunities to do so. While writing this I realize that cheating is like a drug. It's quite addictive when done once without being caught but is illegal all the same. I do want to take the time to praise the staff for their hard work of catching me and I understand fully what I've done and what they were just trying to do.

Why do you want to come back: The main reason why I cheated was that I wanted to provide Loldythry as much support as I could give with building her village, even if it meant to use X-Rays and risking my membership, but by no means does that justify my actions. This reason still holds true even after I was kicked which is why it would be a blessing if I could come back even if it meant that I had to redeem myself to everyone else. But another reason is so I can personally thank the admins that kicked me for my wrong doings which I would like to tell them personally. Thank you for your time.

Exclamation 
I'm willing to give back the diamonds I had back to the staff including all the diamonds items I have made that I crafted using those diamonds. It would be my best interest to give those items to the shops I sold the diamonds to for money and where I hogged purchased iron from, those being the 'Prism' and 'SellBuy' shops.

Thank you for owning up to it in your appeal. We appreciate that. Please answer the following questions with at least 2 sentences each.

1) Why is X-raying wrong?
2) How does X-raying affect other players?
3) How does X-raying affect the server's economy?
4) Why should you always be honest to staff?
5) What have you learned from this?
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

(11-16-2018, 04:43 AM)TrekkieEnderman Wrote: Thank you for owning up to it in your appeal. We appreciate that. Please answer the following questions with at least 2 sentences each.

Answers:

Not only does it go against the whole idea of a fair survival experience including those of other players, but it also gives me an unfair advantage over them. As I now see it, it is not fair for those who worked hard to find diamonds to be surpassed by a flat out cheater such as myself.

Along with the unfair advantages, it will make others feel like their work has been a massive waste of time and may also keep them from continuing to enjoy their time in the server simply by my cheats. It may draw players away from the server if a cheater simply glides through the survival challenges that others have had to struggle through. 

This question is something I can personally answer. From my experience I constantly gain money from shops by continuously selling the items I cheated for which overstocks the supply but is basically stealing since I cheated for them. Along with that, all the iron that I buy with the money gained from those cheated items drains the supplies of shops which can be considered stealing and theft.

The Staff's job is to provide essential services in the quickest way possible making their jobs hectic at times. They do their best and it is not fair to waste their time by being dishonest to their well earned authority even when they clearly have the evidence to show your wrongs. They also provide this as a free service without pay which I now respect from realizing this. They do this for passion of the game and the server which earns every respect from every person who joins the server.

There are honestly a lot I learned from this. During the time of cheating, I have not realized I have lost control over myself and just continued to do something that I did not realized affects others. I've learned that authority is not here to hurt but to aid to correct you and should not be looked down upon. I learned that my actions affect other player's attitude towards the server and also the economy. I've learned that X-Raying is not a viable way to gain what you need for it also provides me an unfair advantage over others. But most of all I learned that helping a person and doing good does not excuse me from the rules that everyone in the server must follow and that to help someone means to help them with your wholehearted effort, not by shortcuts and cheating.

Thank You for your time and I am truly sorry.

You have been unbanned.
Upon login in you will have to turn in all the items you’ve gotten through cheating to a member of staff, failure to do so will result in a reban.

Welcome back to HomeTown.
xo