• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Ban appeals
I feel that players may want to keep their Ban appeals between Staff and themselves.  But, it might be a good idea to remove the Ban Appeals section from Latest Posts section on the right of the home screen? 

I just find it's a bit invasive and should be kept private. Kind regards ~Nitro

(I'm just speaking in my opinion, I'm intrigued as to what you think.)

I don't really see why it shouldn't be there, sometimes people who were involved would only find out through there and if someone was banned for something, they should have to admit it and apologize for it in a public manner.

In an instance of a mistake or something, that will also clear their name rather than keep things confidential from other members.
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

Also a great source of how other banned members can learn how to write a proper appeal
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

we also need a part of the forums which is funny to read, removing ban appeals would make the forums a bit too dull

(03-12-2016, 06:55 AM)Veo Wrote: we also need a part of the forums which is funny to read, removing ban appeals would make the forums a bit too dull

Yeah man, the ban appeals section is the best part of the forums... The rest is stodgy and dull. XD
[Image: n4h33AN.gif]

/warp getoffmahlawn
/warp lucitrees
/warp lucihorse

I like reading the ban appeals (that aren't mine to deal with) because they're sometimes pretty funny. The entertainment factor aside, we have people publicly appeal as part of their punishment for the rules they broke. Apologizing for the harm they caused to our community on the community forums is only fair. Plus there's no desire to keep the appeals hidden; we want them to be public knowledge so it can't be claimed we randomly unban people or are biased and refuse to unban someone.

Also if they are ublic it gives the victim a chance to talk too,
Days since veo last sucked my dick: 0
Times Veo has sucked my dick: 1

"IM a gOod nOodle"

(03-12-2016, 07:54 AM)MissLuci Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 06:55 AM)Veo Wrote: we also need a part of the forums which is funny to read, removing ban appeals would make the forums a bit too dull

Yeah man, the ban appeals section is the best part of the forums... The rest is stodgy and dull. XD

I agree completely lol

Ok, I guess its settled then lol. More funny ban appeals for everyone!