• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LETS STOP THE POLOTICS
Polotics is good, when I talk about it it lets me voice an opinion AND upset people, as opposed to voicing an opinion where it upsets people and no one cares about my opinion, or upsetting people, which is because I voice an opinion.

There is literally no harm in discussing politics unless as wise pointed out, you have people who are going over the top, or people who are taking it too personally. If it's really disturbing you that much you could just disable the chat. It's a great place to learn about politics and stuff because people talk pretty freely about their views while playing a game, and it gives perspective to anyone who wants it. There really isnt a reason for banning politics.
If you don't enjoy itnobody is forcing you to read the chat.
Days since veo last sucked my dick: 0
Times Veo has sucked my dick: 1

I under stand your points hut when you look at what is happening in the US. the Idea of things like character are now thrown out the window. and to tell the truth that is making a bad server  Mojo. and in a sense  and at times an unwelcoming community. I admit it is good to talk about politics I love doing it. But it is causing some areas of the community to become rotten. As much as some people do not see I do . and it is no long healthy for the server. You may think it is a place to voice your opinion but something like politics has turned ore into a war then a conversation.

I see this  more then some of you may believe. and the truth is I can tell it is no long healthy.  When some people speak there opinion on elections it turns into full throttle Hell on wheels. we need to unite and not fight and by looking at this issue and a server threat is important to see and under stand. It may be a game , and it may be freedom of speech and the right to talk about your opinion but it no longer is working on the server. and I am afraid that is it continues something much worse will happen.

It is time we act upon this . Because this clearly has turned more then just voicing an opinion it has turned in to pure hatred of several players. I am trying to stop this. In the United states this is a huge issue with our current elections more violence the solutions and that is beginning to resonate with many of the players on the server. And  You may say some people can have some moderation but the truth is there can not be an this point there needs to be much action taken before we can consider anything more about the future of the server. it is one of the bigger issues right now and to tell the truth this is the current easiest solution till something better comes along. Because I think we can all see and tell that no one will take it into moderation and consideration of the other party

The community being unwelcoming and politics are not related. The community being unwelcoming is because it's full of people who it's so much better to avoid than to talk to, if that is your main issue than what you should do is ignore the people who make it "no longer healthy"

The voicing of opinion happens to everyone no matter where you go, you're constantly judged for anything you say. No  matter if it be on a train or a church or a minecraft server. It will happen. Of course hatred will happen aswell, the server is a breeding ground for hate and spite.

Politics seems to me atleast to be the scapegoat in your argument, it's one of the few topics i've seen on the server that has created intellectual conversations. Everything else seems to be a circlejerk of stupity.

Mildly frustrated splurge over,
~Veo

(03-13-2016, 12:42 AM)Jazz5253 Wrote: Third, I asked twice in chat for the conversation to be moved to a private chat which was met with no response or movement of said conversation...you and the others involved kept it going and blatantly disregarded the feelings of the other players in chat.

(03-13-2016, 06:02 AM)GhostBuster123 Wrote: I think it must be stopped with rules. Even though it is freedom of speech there are little to no facts being used it is only being used as a face to insult those on the server. if there are rules applied to it the problem will disappear more

(03-13-2016, 08:54 AM)Keero Wrote: One thing I've found to be amazing is, people usually stop talking if they have no one to talk to. You're saying that we need rules to keep people from talking about politics, but this morning you were all too eager to reply to any and all replies that had to do with politics, even when others requested it be taken to pm, or just dropped all together.

For starters, we have no constitution that says freedom of speech is an element on the HT server; we can censor anything we like.  The censorship you're asking for is enacted via two rules in place already:

A.     Be respectful to others at all times.  In other words, do not be disrespectful, racist, sexist, prejudiced, etc. to anyone or any social group at any time for any reason–we will not tolerate it. 

D.    Do not be annoying in chat.
<Source: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...d=27#pid27 >

If political discussions become too unsavory in chat–and people ask that they be moved to PM out of annoyance–then the discussion must either be dropped or taken to PM.  Failure to do so may be met with warnings, kicks, or bans at staff's discretion upon staff witnessing the discussion–or players providing evidence of continued discussion–even after a request of cessation from the global chat.

By the sounds of it, you are just as culpable as the people you're decrying, GhostBuster; set a better example and drop the politics.  As well as anyone reading my comment: if you don't want to see politics in chat, then don't encourage it as Keero has already pointed out.

As DK already stated, there will be no rule to outright ban the discussion of politics on the server, as long as it's done in a respectful, constructive tone.

(03-13-2016, 11:29 PM)Veo Wrote: Everything else seems to be a circlejerk of stupity.

Honestly how it feels dealing with chat half four-fifths of the time, not gonna lie.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook