Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal(In proper format this time)
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: DJFox930

Reason for your ban: Grief

Who banned you: Darillium

Why should you be unbanned: I went around one day and took anything I found that wasn't claimed. I assumed that anything that wasn't claimed was fair game, but I now see that it is not. I would not do anything like that again, and I would start to get things on my own. 

Why do you want to come back: Hometown is one of my favorite servers due to it just being a nice, simple survival with a community. I don't know any other servers like it, so I would love to come back on again.

If you respond and answer all questions below with at least 2-3 sentences each, I will consider unbanning you.

1) If a build looks abandoned, are you allowed to take over/modify, or take anything from it? Yes or no, and why?

2) If the owner of the build is banned, are you still allowed to? Yes or no, and why?

3) Why is stealing wrong and how does it affect other players?

4) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: image0.jpg]

(12-03-2018, 02:02 PM)Darillium Wrote: If you respond and answer all questions below with at least 2-3 sentences each, I will consider unbanning you.

1) If a build looks abandoned, are you allowed to take over/modify, or take anything from it? Yes or no, and why?

2) If the owner of the build is banned, are you still allowed to? Yes or no, and why?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but hopefully this still gets seen.
No, because a build may look abandoned but still be in use by someone. It would be unfortunate to come back on the server only to find that someone took my stuff after assuming it was abandoned.
No, because they might be unbanned one day. I know that I would hate it if I came back and the house that I used unstolen resources to make (Unless I'm forgetting a part of it that I didn't get legitimately, I haven't been on for a while) was destroyed.
Stealing is wrong because, no matter what item I take, another player could have needed it. Whether it was a stack of diamond blocks or 24 stone slabs, it still isn't right. I would hate to have things that I actually got legitimately be stolen when I came back onto the server.
The term "No Griefing" means that it is not allowed to grief someone, even if their base is unclaimed. I should have realized this, as saying it back to myself as I type it seems pretty obvious. I also learned that, even if I don't take as much as I could, or even if I don't take the most useful items, it still is theft.

I appreciate your honesty and I'm willing to let you come back to Hometown.

You've been unbanned, welcome back.
[Image: image0.jpg]