• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: NinjarakuPwnz

Reason for your ban: "be polite"

Who banned you: steasaur, uberdeathbunny, star, not sure.

Why should you be unbanned: because i was in the middle of removing my house that a staff member pointed out i had built too close too.

Why do you want to come back: because i understand being staff is frustrating and the ban hammer gets itchy, just wish it was kicking the other players joining in to harass continuously and swearing but when a new staff member comes online they get upset easily, i was trying to talk with members of staff about possibly asking the land owner if i could have permission, then i was told i was arguing, kicked, then banned when i logged back in to continue talking with others while removing my apparent eyesore of a house in the middle of a forest.  while removing the house and claim  the original build complaint was not issued by the land owner, but a member of staff.  if i ask a question about something usually staff tell you where to find the info or give you a forum link, but so far asking questions even while being compliant has gotten me kicked 4 times and now banned.  even if i appeal and get back on, i was simply in a forest building a cabin with my 9 year old daughter when this ban happened.  it is a great server, but i feel considering i talk in chat as i am here on this appeal i'm taken as a problem causer.  i was just finishing helping another new player pick a spot by me and my daughter as well, but if i am lifted of the ban as i said before, i have no issue moving my house, i only was asking if i could ask the player who owns the town near me if i could join their town when they come online, I've never played on a server that uses a gold shovel to claim land and this is how i'm welcomed back to multiplayer after finally played almost a year ago now.   i honestly meant no harm and apologize if anything i said was misunderstood.  i would like to request the opportunity to just play the game, i'm and adult and little things like moving houses aren't a huge deal to me since it was pointed out before i got too in-depth, but Im the type of person that will actually count the blocks between if i feel im being rushed by some one who's eyeballing it(they said the player did not directly report it, a staff member just happened to notice i was about 80 blocks when the rule is 100), we can all get along we just need less kicking and more communication.  i myself ran a server for 2 years(RIP) but i was the only staff on it, i get that there are kids who run rampant and max out chat boxes with caps of the same letter, and sometimes we just simply kick them and move on, but i do actually enjoy the server and even met some one i played on a older server with(dude how's it been) kind of thing, sometimes we forget there are actual people on the other side and not all of them are out to get us =) and in my defense, the player who initially contacted me did not have a staff member tag, only "experienced" which is why i had asked for a member of staff when it because all of chat either grabbing or throwing popcorn at the time xD if they were a member of staff, i apologize, last night when i asked about the staff ranks was when i got kicked the second time earlier.  i didn't grief, didn't steal, didn't lie, i was helping out a new player right before i got banned for swearing at another guy who wasn't staff who was telling me to shut up and move while im trying to give the newbie a gold shovel xD  and i was told earlier swearing was allowed, though when i joined it said be polite, thought it was a mutual rule to all players.  i was backed into a corner and banned for breaking rule 1, after logging in from being kicked for "be polite" 10 seconds prior. when i was only trying to ask an actual member of staff how you'd join a town, again, while i was removing my house i was asked to take down.  i have screenshots of all the chat messages with the box open, as im sure staff has as well which would normally be required when taking any action toward another player as staff.  i never, at any point, refused to comply i simply asked questions during...  i didn't spam chat, i patiently wait until they replied if i needed help, and there were multiple other staff members who were trying to help at the time answer my question but were not given the chance to while mid convo im banned and told to come here and appeal, i don't feel i ever disrespected staff, just asked a lot of questions during...  since multiplayer encourages players to chat that's really all i was doing...  the server says  steasaur and uberdeathbunny are offline while they are online which forced me to ask in public chat when i needed help or had a question before the other staff members came online who are responsible for my ban currently, i only had issues as new staff came online through the 14 hours i played.  i was going to ask if anyone could help me move my house/take it down but i was banned before i even removed one wall...

• Lv.0 : written warnings and player kicks.  Written warnings are given to players whose infractions are deemed minimally severe but still need to be addressed as being negative–they are typically spoken in chat via /msg or sent via /mail.  Player kicks are brief, forceful disconnections from the server often due to chat disruptions.  Kicked players may rejoin the server seconds after they are kicked.  The reason for the kick will be stated in the kick message.  The kick itself is viewed as a warning against further infractions of a similar nature.

• Lv.1 : mutes (temp-mute/mute/softmute) and temporary bans (temp-ban).  Mutes are given to players when they have accumulated numerous warning or kicks against chat disruptions, or 3rd party players who have requested staff to unban friends for any reason.  Mutes are often set to last between 10 – 15 minutes, after which players may chat again.  Temporary bans are prolonged disconnections from the server given to players whose actions deserve a punishment but not the the degree that require Lv. 2 punishments.  A temporary ban does not require that the banned player make a ban appeal, as their ban will be lifted after a certain time period has been met.  Attempting to appeal a temporary ban may be denied at staff's discretion.

• Lv.2 : bans and permanent bans (perma-ban).  Bans are given to players who have engaged in a serious breach of the server’s rules or when players use alternate accounts to evade previous bans.  A ban will remain in effect until the offender submits a correctly formatted ban appeal on the server forums and the server’s staff accepts this appeal.  A permanent ban is given to repeat offenders who broke the server’s rules on multiple occasions, or given to people whose actions were deemed extremely damaging to the server as a whole. After 2 – 3 repeated and appealed bans, staff members will institute a permanent ban on an account, as it shows an inability to follow the rules.  Usually*, a permanent-ban will not be considered even if the offender submits an appeal.  (in some cases, permanent bans have been appealed but are very, very difficult to even be considered for fairness' sake)

after reviewing the rules, i'm puzzled as to why i'm currently banned...  as the reason given does not call for a indefinite ban of my character, any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well I would like to start this off with my belief that your view of yourself does not match up with the view that 99% of the players and staff you interacted with that day have of you.

I will reply to a couple of things in your appeal first. You were not banned because ‘the ban hammer gets itchy’ you were banned because of the reasons I will detail below.

I will give you the courtesy and try to explain in absolute detail why you were given a ban and the events preceding it which lead to the decision to ban you.

So to start off with you were given a total of three kicks, a 10 minute mute and then a ban after over twelve hours of you giving us examples of your bad attitude.

Kick 1 –
You receive this when you use excessive caps. A kick is a warning, it has no penalty. However, when you rejoin you feel it’s stupid:
[13:46:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> don't kick me over stupid crap plz
The kick served its purpose and you then knew about the rule of excessive caps. Instead of letting it go you chose the next few hours would be better spent making little digs about the rules and your attitude showed you didnt approve of the rule. Your assertion that you were kicked instead of communicating a rule break to you is nonsense. A kick is the warning that you’ve broken a rule and should only be taken as such.

Kick 2 –
Uber joins the server and you immediately try to drag him into the caps debate. Regardless after a while you settle down with your arguing and little digs after Uber warns you that you will be muted if it continues. By this time you’ve made chat pretty uncomfortable for several players at differant times. Its peaceful again until...
[15:01:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome [Guest] diehardgirl to Hometown!
[15:02:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> die
Where I kick you again for an innapropriate greeting. For the life of me I have no idea why you thought that was an appropriate way to greet anyone. Nevertheless you argue with me and even go so far as to say this, after I elaborate on why you were kicked:
[15:03:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> Her Name Is DieHardGirl
[15:03:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> Die
[15:03:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> stupid! 
I don't care what her name was, you used one word of it to attempt to get away with saying that sort of thing to another player. Whether joking or not, its not friendly.
Then you drag this new player into it and ask her if she was offended and use this as a defense as to why you shouldn't have been kicked.
Also around this time:
[15:04:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> see, this is the problem staff, you need to Chill out with the kicking people - We don't need to be told how to do our jobs as staff

Mute 1 –
The next few minutes are pretty much you arguing your kicks again, to the point where players are actively asking in chat for you to be muted. You are given an ultimatum by myself – drop the subject or recieve a mute. However:
 [15:11:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> and by the way steasaur, that proves you kicked me because you felt like it. "drops mic" –
And now you receive a 10 minute mute because you didn’t stop.

Incident 1 -
When you can then talk again, Uber finds that you were modifying blocks too close to a players build. Fair, we all make mistakes, instead of saying 'ok I'll move on, didn't mean to' you go straight in with 
[Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> i don't see anything around me uber.
My dude, seriously just listen to what we tell you instead of getting defensive, we don’t make this stuff up and we don’t want problems any more than you do. On top of that Uber finds that you took a minecart that wasn't yours and he removes it from your inv which for some reason you have a problem with. [see image below]

Again once its settled down we receive more little underhanded comments from you randomly for roughly the next hour where you constantly bring up the caps rule. 

Kick 3 and ban -
So then we come to the clincher...this ultimately, combined with your penchant for arguing is what led to your ban. While doing a random check, Derp tp’d to you and see that you are too close to another players build. When told you need to move your house, first you disagree on the space between your build and the other players build.
Then you suggest that because that player isn’t online then its fine and that you be allowed to stay.
Derp gave you no time limit, she wasn’t unreasonable and yet you suggest she is in chat. It continues to the point where you ask if you can mail the player and ask to stay. I actually reply to you in chat and tell you that yes, you can, but in the meantime you still have to remove it as it is there without permission. 
THEN you ask if you can just wait until they get on and then ask – meaning just let me get away with breaking the rule.

The final straw is when I see these two comments in chat:
[00:37:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> im not asking anyone to say anything different ya fuck stick lol
[00:38:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> that i didn't even know was there til 5 minutes ago when asshole says "hey pack ur shit"

At that point you were kicked for ‘be polite’ however due to the bad attitude multiple staff members observed all day, I issued your ban on behalf of the entire staff team. All you’ve shown is a disregard for staff and rules, a bad attitude and blatant disrepect to other players and to staff in general. May I point out that if you manage to have issues with all these differant players and staff the problem might be your own attitude and not anything to do with us.

I could fill this thread with instances of your underhanded comments, arguing or just making chat unpleasent all day. In fact, I will add a picture or two as examples of your attitude so you might see where we get the impression of you, we have.

In conclusion I will have to deny your appeal. I suggest finding a new server with a set of rules you are more accustomed to or are more in line with what you used to have yourself as a server owner.

This would be an example of some of the comments and digs you made in chat all day.

This is what we saw you actually place at your build after having issues with all three of us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of someone else but I'm using this as an example of the lack of respect you have for us specifically and other players as a whole.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(01-05-2019, 02:35 AM)Steasaur Wrote: Well I would like to start this off with my belief that your view of yourself does not match up with the view that 99% of the players and staff you interacted with that day have of you.

I will reply to a couple of things in your appeal first. You were not banned because ‘the ban hammer gets itchy’ you were banned because of the reasons I will detail below.

I will give you the courtesy and try to explain in absolute detail why you were given a ban and the events preceding it which lead to the decision to ban you.

So to start off with you were given a total of three kicks, a 10 minute mute and then a ban after over twelve hours of you giving us examples of your bad attitude.

Kick 1 –
You receive this when you use excessive caps. A kick is a warning, it has no penalty. However, when you rejoin you feel it’s stupid:
[13:46:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> don't kick me over stupid crap plz
The kick served its purpose and you then knew about the rule of excessive caps. Instead of letting it go you chose the next few hours would be better spent making little digs about the rules and your attitude showed you didnt approve of the rule. Your assertion that you were kicked instead of communicating a rule break to you is nonsense. A kick is the warning that you’ve broken a rule and should only be taken as such.

Kick 2 –
Uber joins the server and you immediately try to drag him into the caps debate. Regardless after a while you settle down with your arguing and little digs after Uber warns you that you will be muted if it continues. By this time you’ve made chat pretty uncomfortable for several players at differant times. Its peaceful again until...
[15:01:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome [Guest] diehardgirl to Hometown!
[15:02:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> die
Where I kick you again for an innapropriate greeting. For the life of me I have no idea why you thought that was an appropriate way to greet anyone. Nevertheless you argue with me and even go so far as to say this, after I elaborate on why you were kicked:
[15:03:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> Her Name Is DieHardGirl
[15:03:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> Die
[15:03:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> stupid! 
I don't care what her name was, you used one word of it to attempt to get away with saying that sort of thing to another player. Whether joking or not, its not friendly.
Then you drag this new player into it and ask her if she was offended and use this as a defense as to why you shouldn't have been kicked.
Also around this time:
[15:04:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> see, this is the problem staff, you need to Chill out with the kicking people - We don't need to be told how to do our jobs as staff

Mute 1 –
The next few minutes are pretty much you arguing your kicks again, to the point where players are actively asking in chat for you to be muted. You are given an ultimatum by myself – drop the subject or recieve a mute. However:
 [15:11:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> and by the way steasaur, that proves you kicked me because you felt like it. "drops mic" –
And now you receive a 10 minute mute because you didn’t stop.

Incident 1 -
When you can then talk again, Uber finds that you were modifying blocks too close to a players build. Fair, we all make mistakes, instead of saying 'ok I'll move on, didn't mean to' you go straight in with 
[Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> i don't see anything around me uber.
My dude, seriously just listen to what we tell you instead of getting defensive, we don’t make this stuff up and we don’t want problems any more than you do. On top of that Uber finds that you took a minecart that wasn't yours and he removes it from your inv which for some reason you have a problem with. [see image below]

Again once its settled down we receive more little underhanded comments from you randomly for roughly the next hour where you constantly bring up the caps rule. 

Kick 3 and ban -
So then we come to the clincher...this ultimately, combined with your penchant for arguing is what led to your ban. While doing a random check, Derp tp’d to you and see that you are too close to another players build. When told you need to move your house, first you disagree on the space between your build and the other players build.
Then you suggest that because that player isn’t online then its fine and that you be allowed to stay.
Derp gave you no time limit, she wasn’t unreasonable and yet you suggest she is in chat. It continues to the point where you ask if you can mail the player and ask to stay. I actually reply to you in chat and tell you that yes, you can, but in the meantime you still have to remove it as it is there without permission. 
THEN you ask if you can just wait until they get on and then ask – meaning just let me get away with breaking the rule.

The final straw is when I see these two comments in chat:
[00:37:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> im not asking anyone to say anything different ya fuck stick lol
[00:38:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Rookie] NinjarakuPwnz >> that i didn't even know was there til 5 minutes ago when asshole says "hey pack ur shit"

At that point you were kicked for ‘be polite’ however due to the bad attitude multiple staff members observed all day, I issued your ban on behalf of the entire staff team. All you’ve shown is a disregard for staff and rules, a bad attitude and blatant disrepect to other players and to staff in general. May I point out that if you manage to have issues with all these differant players and staff the problem might be your own attitude and not anything to do with us.

I could fill this thread with instances of your underhanded comments, arguing or just making chat unpleasent all day. In fact, I will add a picture or two as examples of your attitude so you might see where we get the impression of you, we have.

In conclusion I will have to deny your appeal. I suggest finding a new server with a set of rules you are more accustomed to or are more in line with what you used to have yourself as a server owner.

This would be an example of some of the comments and digs you made in chat all day.

This is what we saw you actually place at your build after having issues with all three of us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of someone else but I'm using this as an example of the lack of respect you have for us specifically and other players as a whole.

I'm going to just say, your staff relentlessly kept looking for crap players were doing wrong, enjoy your hitler's germany i no longer wish to play here, i've rejoined a server i played years ago.  You and your staff took it upon yourselves to harass, refused to let me verify how far i needed to move my house, me and my kids will not play here anymore, I myself don't like being disrespected or told to "jump" because some idiots are on a power trip on a game.  by the way, you people will run the server into the ground.  10 times more posts in ban appeals than any-other-thread on your forum, enjoy life kids, eventually you'll grow up and understand what you did wrong here.

and i was helping a player build a house when you guys kicked me for my house being 88 blocks instead of 100+ so trying to make it look like all i did was troll everyone is just ignorance on your part.  not allowing a player to move his build and allowing staff to relentlessly force a player to the point of breaking verbally is beyond me.

AND ANOTHER THING! your staff, all of them, said swearing is fine. and i never once directed what i said at a specific person.  we can back and forth but honestly i need to tend to my cocoabeans on a server with actual logic-minded Adults, and Mature minded teens so, yeah thats how much i actually care, keep me banned. 

I can't click the delete server button hard enough for this place.  just wanted to give my 2 cents since your sticking with your guns on losing players over your staff's ego's.

and i put the signs there to memorialize how pathetic your staff is toward it's players,  i made those signs on the first day of your staff being rude "just because" yeah, no hopefully everyone see's those signs, thanks for the pic going to thumbnail it to your server, as well as the 17 screenshots of chat pre-ban =)  have fun with your random new players, dedicated players aren't going to donate to people like you.

most of the staff here were banned from the server i currently play on lmfao that's how pathetic you all are behind your computers.