Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP.HometownMC.com

Minecraft name: Oni_Cast

Reason for your ban: Xray

Who banned you: Uber/Guy

Why should you be unbanned: Having been fairly new to Minecraft as a whole, I had been recently introduced to the concept of the x-ray textures. I had only planned to use it once, but the freedom that it gave was sadly a very addictive feeling. I am not going to come out the woodwork and say I deserve to be unbanned, I am fully aware of the issue at hand, I simply wanted a chance to post this appeal and let come what may.
As for the reasons why I did what I did? To be frank there were only two driving factors for me having used the pack. The first obviously being the wealth factor, the more I got, the more I could use. This does tie into the second factor, I had planned on using the extra income to help others, and even possibly create/give out the tools and means to get others along their way. It may sound silly, but when I was first getting into the game, this server was where I started and friends, as well as kind folks on the server, really helped me along and I wanted to give others that sense of happiness.

Why do you want to come back: In reality, I would like to come back only for a few reasons. On top of the fact that many of my friends are on the server, and I enjoy being around them, I also want to show that I can be trustworthy if given a chance. I am willing to face any consequence or guidelines set if I do come back, and would like to express my thanks for the time I was allowed on the server if I can't.

I will want at least 1 sentence answers per question. If you are unbanned you will need to turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when and if you login.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

Why is X-raying bad?
It can negatively affect other players experiences and create an unfair balance if one player controls all of one resource gained through unfair methods. It also poses an advantage to said player if they hold a monopoly on something as valuable as diamonds

It deprives other players of valuable resources, possible income, and experience they could have earned by finding the items in question on their own.

If one player controls all the diamonds, they control the economy and can essentially bankrupt the server income. This is unfair as it gives one player all the wealth they could ever need while others may not be able to get any income at all.

Find it fairly, save up the money to purchase it, or work/trade with other players for an item or resource that is needed.

(mild question for curiosity, when handing over what was mined, would I also be required to hand over anything I acquired fairly BEFORE the event in question. I don't mind, just curious)

I got banned for "greifing" when I was only using somones portal to get to the nether and get Quartz and the next morning I got banned for grefing.

(01-24-2019, 06:32 AM)cutecutekittycat Wrote: I got banned for "greifing" when I was only using somones portal to get to the nether and get Quartz and the next morning I got banned for grefing.

Please don't post on other ban appeals.

You have to make your own thread like the person above.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(01-24-2019, 12:07 AM)Oni_Cast Wrote: Why is X-raying bad?
It can negatively affect other players experiences and create an unfair balance if one player controls all of one resource gained through unfair methods. It also poses an advantage to said player if they hold a monopoly on something as valuable as diamonds

It deprives other players of valuable resources, possible income, and experience they could have earned by finding the items in question on their own.

If one player controls all the diamonds, they control the economy and can essentially bankrupt the server income. This is unfair as it gives one player all the wealth they could ever need while others may not be able to get any income at all.

Find it fairly, save up the money to purchase it, or work/trade with other players for an item or resource that is needed.

(mild question for curiosity, when handing over what was mined, would I also be required to hand over anything I acquired fairly BEFORE the event in question. I don't mind, just curious)

You have been unbanned, please turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning and yes this includes ALL before event items as nobody can prove when you started using it.. Welcome back to HomeTown.