Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: omelott

Reason for your ban: griefing

Who banned you: guy

Why should you be unbanned: I am new to this server, and this was my first offense. I am very disappointed with the way I have conducted myself. Please know that griefing is not something I endorse. As a builder myself, I understand what its like to slave away for hours building something. Having someone come along and destroy/disrupt your hard work is incredibly mean, and I would not wish that upon others (let alone myself). Should I return, I would follow through on that wish. I would even like to make reparations to the owner of the town I griefed (if that's possible). 

Why do you want to come back: I have visited many Minecraft servers, but none have a genuine and friendly community like this one. I have made a couple of friends on here. The staff team is also nice and helpful.

So here's the deal, your grief was not a huge amount but I do want to see that you recognize that some of your actions on the server, specifically the books you gave out and stashed around encouraging other players to place signs around New Rednia further denouncing the town led to at least one other player being banned. As such please answer each of the following in a minimum of 1-2 sentences each.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you grief the area?

6) Why is it wrong/harmful to encourage others to grief (regardless of how much)?

7) What have you learned from this experience?

1. No, you are not allowed to add/delete/harvest anbody elses blocks.

2. No, if a player is banned, you cannot take over their build.

3. If a build is abandoned, you cannot remove any part of it.

4. If you accidentally grief, you should immediately alert a Hometown MC staff member. Covering up the grief is a form of deceit and will only exacerbate the consequences.

5. To be blatantly honest, I don't know why I did what I did. However, I wish to apologize to the Hometown MC server. 

6. It is wrong to encourage other players to grief because you are only exacerbating the problem of griefing and making it all the more difficult for the staff team to handle. 

7. I have learned that griefing is something Hometown MC does not tolerate and that my actions have consequences.

You have been unbanned. Please make sure to re-read the rules upon your return. Welcome back to Hometown!