• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griefigng Ban
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: AdoptedMexican

Reason for your ban: Grief

Who banned you: Admin (Did not give me a name)

Why should you be unbanned: I was exploring the nether and found a portal and went back to the regular world. The portal brought me to a small house with a beacon. I thought the area was abandoned (the area being unclaimed helped with that thought), so I took the beacon materials back to my house.
I have been informed that no areas are abandoned and I have learned my lesson. I still have the materials to give back. I am sorry for what I have done, I thought wrong but have learned my lesson.

Note: At the time, my friend "ThatEpicMexicannn" helped me mine the blocks because he has a faster pickaxe than me. He DID NOT take any materials. I do believe he is not at fault

Why do you want to come back: I play on this server with my two friends and we have been having a good, peaceful time on this server upgrading our houses as every day passes. I like your server with all of its features, like /warp.

I would like at least 1 or more sentences per question. After I read your response we will consider unbanning you. If you are unbanned you will have to return all stolen items to a staff member if and when you return. Failure to do so would result in a re-banning.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

Why I should be unbanned (Continued):
I am not using it as an excuse, but more so as an understanding, but I am a new player to this server. Being new does not excuse my actions in anyway, but I take this as a learning experience. I was not aware at the time of abandoned areas and the rules attached to them. I am willing to give even more materials to the owner of the beacon as an "I'm sorry" token and to keep trust in community. I have learned from my mistake.

Why I Want to Come Back
Again, I really do enjoy this server. My couple of friends and I found it and began to build our own little town and would hate to see the work go to waste. The people are very  friendly and I would hate if I was not able to talk to them - especially after a long day, they always seem to make me smile.

Your Question
  1. No, you are not allowed to tamper with in anyway with blocks that were placed by another player. Blocks, farms etc, are for the owner of said block, farm unless granted access by said owner
  2. No you cannot take over a banned players build. You are not allowed to take over abandoned areas
  3. No, you are not allowed to take over abandoned areas. Blocks left behind by other players (beside 1x1 towers) are to stay where they were placed. Builds such as 1x1 towers are asked to be taken down by the creator to improve the functionality of the server
  4. If I accidently break another persons block, I should attempt to replace it and/or contact the owner/admin to have the issue replaced (by my own materials, ie: breaking glass, replace with my own glass)
  5. I have learned to admire, but not take down other people's builds, even if I do believe it is abandoned. Abandoned builds are to be left behind and not tampered with. Peoples farms are to be left untouched unless given access by the owner

You have been unbanned. Please return any stolen items to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.