• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Peacefully finding out what the next best step is:
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): both

Minecraft name: The_Duck_Master

Reason for your ban: Rule Number 1 

Who banned you: Did not specify a specific staff member in my ban. 

Why should you be unbanned: N/A.  
Why do you want to come back: N/A 

Hey everyone, 

Some of you may not know this but I have recently been permanently banned from the server, and discord channel and am prohibited from making a ban appeal as per what my ban states. I am not here to discuss the reason for my ban or to make a ban appeal but am trying to figure out what to do regarding this considering how much money and time I have invested in the server, and considering the circumstances surrounding my ban. This has been truly upsetting for me considering the fact that I have made donations and purchases close to $250 USD over the last year towards this server; sometimes even donating occasionally without incentive out of the kindness of my heart to support the server and the community. I have even done VIP give away, purchased several vehicle packages, and have done many nice things for the community to give back. Additionally I have a double chest full of vehicles that are not functional anymore; and are pretty well useless as the creators of the mod are not updating it. Furthermore, I have over 500k worth in items on the server and have many builds which took many hours to build. 

I have been in contact with some of the staff and have personally notified Frost regarding this and am waiting to get his opinion regarding this ordeal, and what the next steps should be regarding this. 

Lastly, I respect the work the staff does and the time they take out of their personal lives to enforce the rules on the server. I personally apologize if my jokes were not tasteful at times. I may be immature sometimes and do acknowledge that much but I legitimately am a very good person despite some peoples opinions on me. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and again I am trying to be as sincere as possible regarding this and hopefully you can understand where I am coming from regarding this. 

(note - deadcore gave me permission to post this here to avoid unnecessary spam that was unrelated to my post).

As this is not an appeal, I will not touch on my opinions on the subject.

As for the physical financial questions you raise, Frost will have the ultimate decision there.

As for your in game properties, finances and assets, the standard rules apply. You buildings and items will remain for at least 7 months, after which time they may be subject to staff removal based on individual circumstances. You may designate other players to take over your items and properties. In which case a staff member will have to reallocate the claims and change the locks on chests, doors, etc. This can be done here or by a private message to a staff member in discord.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(03-26-2019, 06:54 AM)Geckorian Wrote: As this is not an appeal, I will not touch on my opinions on the subject.

As for the physical financial questions you raise, Frost will have the ultimate decision there.

As for your in game properties, finances and assets, the standard rules apply. You buildings and items will remain for at least 7 months, after which time they may be subject to staff removal based on individual circumstances. You may designate other players to take over your items and properties. In which case a staff member will have to reallocate the claims and change the locks on chests, doors, etc. This can be done here or by a private message to a staff member in discord.
I appreciate your response, and honestly would not mind having any staff members give their opinions regarding this if they have anything to say as I believe it is important to respectfully hear both sides opinions in a matter before jumping to any conclusions. However, given the circumstances even if I was given the choice to appeal I would not want to at the moment. I am trying to resolve this in a peaceful way without causing any further drama for myself or the staff members, and playerbase.

If you truly want my opinion on the matter, here it is: In my opinion, I feel that you have spent a good portion of your time with us purposely trolling players and staff alike. This has, at times, gone so far as to force the person to get aggravated with you to the point of calling you out in a disrespectful manner that you then used to try and have staff reprimand them for. I have been in the call when you have blared music, played inappropriate material, and made comments that were designed to cause a hostile response. As has other staff and players. I feel like you have, on more than one occasion, run a long con on people just to see how long you could keep it up. This feels very disrespectful to me; not only to those you are trolling but vicariously to everyone on the server/discord, staff and players alike.

It is worth mentioning that you are not the first person to try this on the server and probably will not be the last. Others in the past, including staff members, have suffered a similar fate. You're not a bad guy and I don't see you as such, when you are being honest. Unfortunately, you have pranked, trolled, or mislead myself and others to the point that I feel nothing you say or do can be trusted. Honestly, I cannot even trust how sincere this thread is but I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt that you are truly trying to learn from this experience.

In conclusion; I wish you luck on whatever server you find yourself on next and hope that this experience is a learning one for you.

(03-26-2019, 08:58 AM)Geckorian Wrote: If you truly want my opinion on the matter, here it is: In my opinion, I feel that you have spent a good portion of your time with us purposely trolling players and staff alike. This has, at times, gone so far as to force the person to get aggravated with you to the point of calling you out in a disrespectful manner that you then used to try and have staff reprimand them for. I have been in the call when you have blared music, played inappropriate material, and made comments that were designed to cause a hostile response. As has other staff and players.  I feel like you have, on more than one occasion, run a long con on people just to see how long you could keep it up. This feels very disrespectful to me; not only to those you are trolling but vicariously to everyone on the server/discord, staff and players alike.

It is worth mentioning that you are not the first person to try this on the server and probably will not be the last. Others in the past, including staff members, have suffered a similar fate. You're not a bad guy and I don't see you as such, when you are being honest. Unfortunately, you have pranked, trolled, or mislead myself and others to the point that I feel nothing you say or do can be trusted. Honestly, I cannot even trust how sincere this thread is but I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt that you are truly trying to learn from this experience.

In conclusion; I wish you luck on whatever server you find yourself on next and hope that this experience is a learning one for you.
I appreciate your response and hard work and just wanted to say that you are a good staff member and I have nothing against you, however given the circumstances I am obligated to provide my side of the story. 

In my defense I would like to first state that I have trolled players previously in the past in a harmless joking, and most importantly non-malicious manner. However, as of lately I was not actively doing so and in the moments that lead up to my ban I have irrefutable evidence pertaining to the fact that this definitely was not the case and I will provide this to Frost once he is able to get back to me regarding this matter.

As I previously have said to some of the staff members I did not play loud music as some players have stated. Additionally, I have not falsely reported other players; but have made reports regarding players on hometown who have sent me private messages that were much worse than what I have said or done; and the staff just stated that they "could not control private messages". Additionally, It is also worth mentioning that I have joined discord calls numerous times where there has been staff members present and there were other players actively making malicious comments about me, and staff did not even say a word to prevent this, and numerous players have even messaged me regarding this and have stated they were displeased by that. 

Another point to mention Geckorian is that you have been offline lately and have not even been in a discord call with me lately. Further to this, if you did truly witness me "blare music, and make comments that were designed to cause a hostile response", then you would have most likely reprimanded me for that alleged offense given the circumstances of my previous ban. However, clearly this was not the case and I have proof that I did not blare music, and know of several players of can attest to this.

You appeared to ask for my opinion, I gave it. You have responded and accept that you have your own view on things. I do not see any need to continue this further.

As I previously stated I do appreciate your response, as you are taking the time out of your day to respond and I understand that you have kids and a job and are a busy person. I invited you and other staff members to reply if they wished to, so all sides of the story could be stated, as this is important in regards to reaching a fair resolution given the current circumstances surrounding my ban. Without prejudice, I am just objectively providing as much information as possible pertaining to my side of the story, until I can reach a fair and reasonable resolution, and am patiently awaiting to hear Frost's response regarding this.

I still have not heard anything regarding this, and have been patient about it and have been trying to get in contact with admins and Frost regarding this. Additionally, I have already confirmed with staff members and have been advised that other players who purchased vehicle packages did in fact receive compensation for it after the update. I posted in get help several times previously regarding this when I was not banned and did not even receive a response and even made a previous post on the forums as well. 

It is not acceptable to compensate some players and not others considering how much I have paid towards these vehicle packages and other items.

I understand that some of the staff members are busy and may not have the time to respond but at this point it feels I am being ignored by the staff members. 

If someone could get back to me in timely manner, I would appreciate it as I want to get this resolved.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don’t know a single player that got a refund for the vehicles to be honest. It was something that was talked about but I don’t know that anyone got it in the end.

I appreciate you are frustrated over this but Staff aren’t ignoring you, for this issue there is just nothing we can do to help you with the vehicle pack refund, only Frost can help you with it - if in fact he is giving any refunds at all.
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(04-03-2019, 06:35 PM)Steasaur Wrote: I don’t know a single player that got a refund for the vehicles to be honest. It was something that was talked about but I don’t know that anyone got it in the end.

I appreciate you are frustrated over this but Staff aren’t ignoring you, for this issue there is just nothing we can do to help you with the vehicle pack refund, only Frost can help you with it - if in fact he is giving any refunds at all.

I clearly am being ignored as someone already made me an offer to purchase my in-game items, and asked a staff member and were told by staff that Frost specifically said my VIP & items cannot be transferred. I have tried to go about this as peacefully as possible and have been respectful to both staff members in regards to all my communications. 

As I previously stated even when I was not banned I requested to be compensated for the vehicle packages that I had purchased and did not receive anything in any way shape or form, despite their being a post by Frost specifically saying their would be compensation for people who purchased them. 

Even if I am banned; it is not acceptable what so ever to treat someone who was very dedicated towards this gaming community like this and who has supported and paid several hundred dollars towards the server. I have tried getting in contact with staff members and keep getting ignored at this point.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)