• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I feel old and it's... really not that great
So in august 2016 I posted the thread "I feel old and it's great!" celebrating my second anniversary on this server. In the three years since then a lot has changed (of course)

Also, I've moved my anniversary to the 1st April because Toto found logs of me speaking in chat on the 1st April 2014, which marks it as the earliest chat log found to date with me in it (I don't have my own logs from that time unfortunately).

Sooo... yeah. How does it feel to have spent over a quarter of my life knowing all of you guys? Pretty good.

How does it feel knowing that when I started on here, I didn't know how to drive, couldn't drink, had never been in a relationship, hadn't even taken my highschool exams, and hadn't met any of you guys yet?

Damn... I feel old.

To put this in perspective, here's various photos of me over the time I've spent on this server:

[Image: t8cRpKJ.png]

...and just because cato loves this photo so much, I'll throw it in just for fun. Here's me (around a month before I joined HT) at the happiest moment of my teenage life, looking at penguins in Norway:

[Image: Az4WIz8.jpg]

In other news: I will be home over easter (hooray!) but my laptop is currently "fucked", as they say, so I won't be able to play on minecraft at all. This makes me really sad because I haven't been able to come online and do all the shit I've wanted to do since my brief time on the server over christmas. I'll still be online on minechat as usual, but I'm really upset because I've been looking forward to building more cool stuff in warp trash and hanging out with people and I won't be able to do it unless I fix my laptop. (I think the hard disk got screwed somehow during a windows update and now both the startup repair and factory reset won't work because some vital thing has been damaged on the disk which is preventing them from functioning)

I'll probably resort to removing the hdd from the laptop and plugging it into my computer in an attempt to save any files that are recoverable before completely wiping the drive and putting a fresh windows install on it. The problem is that one of the screws on the case is damaged and I can't open it without putting a massive amount of pressure on the laptop, which I'm scared may damage it. Hopefully I'll make it happen within the next two weeks but I can't say for sure.

To sum up: This server has quite literally changed my life and I've always enjoyed spending time with you guys. I don't intend to leave any time soon!
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

I Can't believe its been near five years since you've joined, I've always had good memories of you Pengu, and that will never cease to change, Thank you for sharing these pictures with us too! Smile I hope to see your laptop get fixed, in any way possible, Congratulations on finishing another said year, and I don't think I actually was able to say this to you, but Welcome To Hometown Guest Penguin825!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Its strange to think that we've been friends for as long as I can recall. I've literally watched you grow up and laugh at your life challenges to then a few years later have to repeat what you did, but for myself. I'd never really had a friend who I could rely on to ask for help with life as most of my friends were just from school. I'm really happy I've met you Pengu and can't wait to see you over easter <333 You're getting so old now and it actually scares me, because I know that will be me soon.
- KatNip

(03-30-2019, 02:47 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'm really happy I've met you Pengu and can't wait to see you over easter <333 You're getting so old now and it actually scares me, because I know that will be me soon.

God, imagining you driving a car gives me anxiety in so many ways

(03-30-2019, 09:57 PM)Penguin Wrote:
(03-30-2019, 02:47 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'm really happy I've met you Pengu and can't wait to see you over easter <333 You're getting so old now and it actually scares me, because I know that will be me soon.

God, imagining you driving a car gives me anxiety in so many ways

I've already started my lessons  Tongue
- KatNip

(03-31-2019, 04:43 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I've already started my lessons  Tongue

exACtlY

Looking more and more dapper in those later photos! Insane to think a lot of people grew up playing on here. Glad you were able to enjoy your time here so far