• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Banned on SMP Server

Minecraft name: Casosix

Reason for your ban: Banned for grief. ("You are banned from this server. Reason: Banned by Steasaur for grief. Appeal at hometownmc.com/forums")

Who banned you: Banned by Steasaur.

Why should you be unbanned: Honestly, I cannot recall intentionally griefing a build on the server; I do recall once using somebody's farm and then replanting, but I do not recall doing anything with the intent of stealing or destroying somebody's property. I suppose I had assumed that they would not be considered griefing. It has been a while since I have played, though, so I may not recall. However, if I have done any damage to others' property, I am really sorry. I won't say I didn't do it, because if the evidence is there, I must have, so no excuses here. Me not remembering it is not me saying I did not do it, or justifying it; I just don't know what the ban is referring to. I do make an effort on the servers that I play on to make sure I do not take what may be another players', even if that is something like a tree near someone's build, or the terrain around it.

Why do you want to come back: It has been a while since I have played vanilla survival Minecraft, as I haven't had much time to do much outside of my studies and other projects I am working on, and when I do play games, it is primarily working on creating a modpack and companion server, and playing various other games. I always enjoyed this server when I played it, and invited many of my friends to play as well. Even if my builds and impact on this server aren't great, I still enjoy playing on this server more than others, primarily because of the generally vanilla nature of the server, a good set of plugins, helpful staff, and good overall performance (not to mention the presence of a good community and Discord server). As a result of not having a whole lot to do right now compared to usual, today I decided to log back on to see how much has changed, play with stuff from the new updates, revisit some of my old builds, and possibly start playing again, and was surprised to see a ban message. I really have always loved this server, and have some of my favorite memories from this game on here, mostly with my friends and I. 

Afternote: Well thank you for reading this whole post. If possible, I am curious as to what exactly was the reason for this ban, and would appreciate it if I could get a reply with more details about it. Also, I would like to thank you for considering this appeal, and would like you to know that I really don't mean or want to do damage to anyone's property.

Hi there,

Looking back it looks like you did a spot of grief to warp xp.

It was quite minor and but for the fact that it ruined the warp for others to use it would not have usually resulted in a ban.

I have unbanned you. Please refresh yourself with /rules when you return and do not modify others builds in future.

Welcome back to HomeTown!
“Never be cruel, never be cowardly, and never ever eat pears!”

“Always try to be nice but never fail to be kind!”

“Laugh hard, run fast, be kind... “

(04-02-2019, 04:02 AM)Steasaur Wrote: Hi there,

Looking back it looks like you did a spot of grief to warp xp.

It was quite minor and but for the fact that it ruined the warp for others to use it would not have usually resulted in a ban.

I have unbanned you. Please refresh yourself with /rules when you return and do not modify others builds in future.

Welcome back to HomeTown!

Thank you for the unban, and I appreciate the response.