No.
100.00%
5 100.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving forward
So 1.14 is upon us, and i think that it will be a good chance to do a spot of maintanace on the server. I've played on the server on and off for sometime now (I dont play much due to work commitments) and i enjoy it very much, but when i first joined i felt almost missled.
  • Firstly, i enjoy playing towny servers. On almost all of the server lists that the server is on, it is tagged as a towny server. When i joined and found out that it wasnt, i was disipointed, but i stayed and played for a bit -  and continue to do so. Now, i don't know how the community would feel about it, but would it hurt to install the towny plugin during the 1.14 update?
  • The name "Home Town" and its slogan "Come on, make yourself at home" give off a worm vibe, along with the wood texture on the server list banner, it lead me to belive that the spawn would be a town, with stone and wood buildings for the shops, that kind of thing which other servers use, but it isnt, its a great big moden-ish building, with a cold vibe, and dosen't fit the apparent advertised theam of the server.
Would people be up for installing towny? Or changing how the server is marketed? Because it seams to me that the server is aimed at one type of player, and made for another...

(04-25-2019, 06:51 AM)Leamermike Wrote: So 1.14 is upon us, and i think that it will be a good chance to do a spot of maintanace on the server. I've played on the server on and off for sometime now (I dont play much due to work commitments) and i enjoy it very much, but when i first joined i felt almost missled.
  • Firstly, i enjoy playing towny servers. On almost all of the server lists that the server is on, it is tagged as a towny server. When i joined and found out that it wasnt, i was disipointed, but i stayed and played for a bit -  and continue to do so. Now, i don't know how the community would feel about it, but would it hurt to install the towny plugin during the 1.14 update?
  • The name "Home Town" and its slogan "Come on, make yourself at home" give off a worm vibe, along with the wood texture on the server list banner, it lead me to belive that the spawn would be a town, with stone and wood buildings for the shops, that kind of thing which other servers use, but it isnt, its a great big moden-ish building, with a cold vibe, and dosen't fit the apparent advertised theam of the server.
Would people be up for installing towny? Or changing how the server is marketed? Because it seams to me that the server is aimed at one type of player, and made for another...

I personally am against installing a towny plugin - to me it just ruins the essence of hometown - but I do think frost needs to change the tags on the voting sites - It's false advertising and it needs to be changed lol

That spawn we have had for over four years - and to me it's sentimental, but I do believe the spawn you suggested would honestly be great - I might just make a town called "Rulville" which lists helpful commands - how to get money - and such
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(04-25-2019, 08:57 AM)Cil Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 06:51 AM)Leamermike Wrote: So 1.14 is upon us, and i think that it will be a good chance to do a spot of maintanace on the server. I've played on the server on and off for sometime now (I dont play much due to work commitments) and i enjoy it very much, but when i first joined i felt almost missled.

I personally am against installing a towny plugin - to me it just ruins the essence of hometown - but I do think frost needs to change the tags on the voting sites - It's false advertising and it needs to be changed lol

That spawn we have had for over four years - and to me it's sentimental, but I do believe the spawn you suggested would honestly be great - I might just make a town called "Rulville" which lists helpful commands - how to get money - and such

I'm not against the current spawn, i just feel that it doesn't fit in with the theme of the server. Having a more old fashion town, something more cosy would fit with the name better.

I'm expecting a fair bit of "Go else ware then" posts on this threat, and i would, but i enjoy the community and its player base, hence why i'm suggesting said changes.

Your suggestion of making a town called "ruleville" is basically what the spawn would be, and is on other servers. By using the floating text embedment to project information to new players, along with stalls and shops to give more information and the chances to buy basic materials. If community members are up for building it, such as yourself, it would make it more personal, and take the burden off the staff team.