Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: CannonBallSplash

Reason for your ban: Greif

Who banned you: melaniebedot

Why should you be unbanned: I found a old abandoned looking base near my house with a beacon in it. I thought that the base was long forgotten and would not be missed because there are many other houses around where mine is that have been abandoned for over a year, and I figured that it was built by one of the same long gone players that built the other abandoned buildings. I wrongfully decided that it would be alright to move the beacon to my house . I now understand that It is wrong to take other players stuff, even if it is unclaimed and appears to be abandoned.

Why do you want to come back: This is the server that me and all of my friends play on, and I would like to return and rebuild the beacon.

Thank you for your time.

Answer the following questions in complete sentences, then we will consider unbanning you.

1. Is griefing allowed on this server?

2. If a build looks abandoned, is it allowed to be griefed?

3. If a build is not claimed, is it allowed to be griefed?

4. How does stealing affect our minecraft community?

5. How does selling stolen items affect our minecraft economy?

6. What have you learned from this experience?

1. No, Griefing other players creations is not prohibited on this server.

2. If a building appears to be abandoned it still can not be griefed because its builder may return to it.

3. Even if a building is not claimed it cant be griefed because the stuff still belongs to another player and they may intend on using the stuff later.

4. Stealing other players stuff can leave a bad taste and distrust in the minecraft community. Stealing can also make new players not want to play the game anymore and to think poorly of the game.

5. Selling stolen items can negatively affect the minecraft economy because you are making profit off of other peoples work and because It can cause players to avoid using the marketplace in fear of buying stolen items, which could have to be reclaimed. It could also in theory cause unnecessary changes in prices due to increasing the number of certain items for sale.

6. From this experience I have learned that it is not allowed to take other players items under any circumstance (unless they give or sell them to you), even if they are unclaimed and appear abandoned.

Upon your return to the server, you must return everything you have stolen, including the following items to melaniebeedot or another staff member if I am not available:

164 iron blocks
1 beacon

You have been unbanned.