Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: ExtraHope

Reason for your ban: Anti Semitic Jokes/Arguing With Staff/Rule 1 Violations

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: The first reason for my ban was anti Semitic jokes. I am so sorry about this. I was having a conversation with Callio about someone who was making anti Semitic jokes around him. During this, I decided to predict one of the jokes. This was my mistake. I have had a history on this server of saying something and then not giving any context. I should be more careful especially around a topic like this. I was kicked for this and honestly think that was the right thing for the staff member to do. Unfortunately, I made yet another mistake when I came back. Rather than just accepting that I should have been more clear/realizing that I shouldn't have tried to predict a joke like that in the first place, I argued. Again, I have come to realize that the kick was justified. Staff know what they are doing so arguing with them is pretty much pointless. They have ranked up to staff for a reason and I have learned not to doubt them. In the past, I've also had issues with multiple rule 1 violations. Annoying others for my own entertainment is something that I'm trying more and more not to do. Even if a joke about grief entertains me, I know that it can be a headache for staff and will stop doing it. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be trying to stop actual grief and having to deal with someone who thinks that the whole situation is hilarious. I will make sure to stop doing things like this because they aren't fun to deal with and it makes me seem like a toxic person overall. 

Why do you want to come back: Over the past few months, I have had to much fun on this server. It's been so great being able to leave the stress of the real world and have some fun playing games for a few hours a day. This server means so much to me and I'm sorry for taking it for granted. I also have so many unfinished projects just sitting there. Though this server may seem like it has strict rules, it really doesn't. I'm so disappointed in myself for pushing them to the point of a ban. I hope you'll forgive me.

So, as you have pointed out, this is your second ban for the same offense. After your first ban your attitude did seem to have changed a little, but this was only a temporary shift and you very quickly moved back to you consistently pushing the rules.

The Imgur link below is just a few examples of you actively trying to push rules and give staff a hard time/troll staff, as well as you telling another player it was your goal to be Hometown's number 1 rule breaker. (these are not all the logs I have, just a few that I felt very accurately show the attitude you very often show on the server.

https://imgur.com/a/oBslSBk

You seem to very often forget that while staff voluntarily accept their staff ranks, they do so because they enjoy the server and want to help keep it a fun environment. Actively trying to troll or mess with staff, takes away from their chances to actually play and enjoy the game, and from time that could be spent actually helping players that need help.

As it stands, I'm not willing to accept this appeal at this time, you will be allowed to appeal again in no less than 30 days time, making another appeal before the 30 days have passed will result in that timer being reset and will be looked at in the decision making process.