• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: AvgPicklw

Reason for your ban: Beacon Theft/Grief.

Who banned you: Guy

Why should you be unbanned: What I did was irresponsible, it was an awful mistake and I'm sincerely sorry for stealing the beacon. I also stole multiple stacks of iron blocks and gold blocks that I will return. It is unfair to the person I stole them from because he worked for the beacons, blocks of iron, and the gold blocks while I did not. I deliberately broke the rules and as stated before, I am sincerely sorry.

Why do you want to come back: I want to be able to join the server again because I had a fun time while I played with my friends and I want to be able to continue having fun with my friends. I will work hard to gain the items that I need, instead of stealing anymore.

Alright so here's the deal, between you and your friend I found about 6 beacons altered, 3 of which had been placed back in various locations, 3 of which had been passed to your friend who all three of you claim didn't know where they came from, and sold. I have already taken that money out of his account, and set both your balance and the balance of the friend that griefed with you to 0 as I have no way of telling if/how much he may have passed to you. I'm willing to consider unbanning you but I'm going to need you to answer the following questions in 2-3 sentences before I will consider it.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?

5) Why did you grief the area?

6) What have you learned from this experience?

Thank you for replying.

1) Are you allowed add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No, you aren't allowed to. It's also not fair to the person who acquired the items.

2) If a player is banned can you take over their build?
No, you cannot take over or modify their build. The player still has a chance to be unbanned through a ban appeal.

3) If a build is abandoned can you remove any part of it?
No, you still aren't allowed to remove or modify their build. The player may come back to that build and it wouldn't be fair to them if it is destroyed.

4) If you accidentally break another players block what should you do?
You should put the block back. You should also apologize to the person if they are online.

5) Why did you grief the area?
I'm going to be honest, I did not read through most of the rules and I didn't know that you couldn't take stuff even if it was unclaimed.

6) What have you learned from this experience?
I have learned that it is wrong to take a player's things even if it is unclaimed. It won't happen again and I'm sincerely sorry.

I hope that I get unbanned from the server.

You've been unbanned. You will need to turn any stolen items you have to myself or another staff member. If a staff member is not online/available you may drop the stuff in the central chest of /warp that instead and I will dispose of it when I have time.