Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal for FauxParadox
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: FauxParadox

Reason for your ban: Xray

Who banned you: grimm_wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I didnt use xray, i only use optifine and a shader pack. this shader pack is "SUES renewed 1.0" This shaders pack DOES NOT give me an advantage over other players. While yes, it does make torches in your offhand emit light, I fail to see how that is significant enough to be ban worthy, nor is it mentioned in the rules. In regards to my mining patern, all I can say is I mine randonly and got lucky? I just kinda go around and mine wherever. I do acknowledge that it could very easily look like I was X-raying, but I mine like this and sometimes I get lucky. I personally find it much more entertaining than other methods. As for evidence to prove it was indeed random, the last time i was on the server, last Wednesday the 19th, I mined for about 3 hours straight. For a while I didnt find much of anything, eventually stumbled upon a good amount of diamond, and then hit a second one that wasnt too far away. All I can really say here is that I got lucky here.

Why do you want to come back: I really do like playing hometown and like community, I even have a few friends here and was looking forward to playing on here regularly. If the shader pack is causing issue, Im more than happy to stop using it and even stop using optifine (i only use optifine for the shader, at that point thered be no reason to keep it on). I also have never installed any mods other than this ever on this account or on this computer. I know this for a fact, I am the sole user of this PC and account.

(06-22-2019, 04:53 AM)fauxparadox Wrote: Why should you be unbanned: I didnt use xray, i only use optifine and a shader pack. this shader pack is "SUES renewed 1.0" This shaders pack DOES NOT give me an advantage over other players. While yes, it does make torches in your offhand emit light, I fail to see how that is significant enough to be ban worthy, nor is it mentioned in the rules. In regards to my mining patern, all I can say is I mine randonly and got lucky? I just kinda go around and mine wherever. I do acknowledge that it could very easily look like I was X-raying, but I mine like this and sometimes I get lucky. I personally find it much more entertaining than other methods. As for evidence to prove it was indeed random, the last time i was on the server, last Wednesday the 19th, I mined for about 3 hours straight. For a while I didnt find much of anything, eventually stumbled upon a good amount of diamond, and then hit a second one that wasnt too far away. All I can really say here is that I got lucky here.

That doesn't line up with how much you mined.  You found four veins of diamonds within 1min12sec in a manner indicative of x-ray mining.  I even asked a fellow [Admin] to double-check with fresh eyes, just in case, and they came to the same conclusion with the screenshots here.  Based upon the evidence and this appeal, we cannot unban you in good faith.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(06-23-2019, 08:05 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 04:53 AM)fauxparadox Wrote: Why should you be unbanned: I didnt use xray, i only use optifine and a shader pack. this shader pack is "SUES renewed 1.0" This shaders pack DOES NOT give me an advantage over other players. While yes, it does make torches in your offhand emit light, I fail to see how that is significant enough to be ban worthy, nor is it mentioned in the rules. In regards to my mining patern, all I can say is I mine randonly and got lucky? I just kinda go around and mine wherever. I do acknowledge that it could very easily look like I was X-raying, but I mine like this and sometimes I get lucky. I personally find it much more entertaining than other methods. As for evidence to prove it was indeed random, the last time i was on the server, last Wednesday the 19th, I mined for about 3 hours straight. For a while I didnt find much of anything, eventually stumbled upon a good amount of diamond, and then hit a second one that wasnt too far away. All I can really say here is that I got lucky here.

That doesn't line up with how much you mined.  You found four veins of diamonds within 1min12sec in a manner indicative of x-ray mining.  I even asked a fellow [Admin] to double-check with fresh eyes, just in case, and they came to the same conclusion with the screenshots here.  Based upon the evidence and this appeal, we cannot unban you in good faith.
First off, I'd like to thank you for responding, as now I know what evidence you're going off of 
Now, I don't remember exactly how much I mined, so I apologize for saying it was only 2, as that is all I could remember off the top of my head. However, and forgive me if I'm incorrect here, but it looks like, in the first screenshot, it took place over 12 minutes? And I don't know what evidence I can provide other than I just mined randomly and stumbled upon it. The veins I found in which succession were close by to each other, and I just so happened to find them. Again, I don't remember everything that happened, so I could be wrong here. 
As for all the other screenshots, I already mentioned that I mine randomly, and that these veins of ore were rather close together.
However, I won't say I cheated, because I know for a fact I did not. I know that if I said that I cheated, I would at least be considered. That being said, I did not cheat, and just got lucky in finding ores grouped together like this.
I very much hope you reconsider, as I have never cheated on this server, and I can't really provide any evidence in my defense here other than "I just mined randomly and found a good amount of diamonds." And if you so desire, I'll hand over all the diamonds I mined/all of them in general. I just wanna play on the server. 
Thanks again for considering me