• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal.
Code:
Server you were banned on: smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: SlenderStormSR71

Reason for your ban: Griefing (Apparently.)

Who banned you: Some nut named Illogical.

Why should you be unbanned: Because of common sense in Minecraft culture, and what I thought was free game happened to be a deliberate trap.

Why do you want to come back: I'll be honest here. I don't play this game all to often. Matter of fact, I just started to play this game again a few weeks back after several years of not bothering with it at all. So forgive me if what I did seemed illegal in whatever sense your administration runs. I'm just saying, that from when I remembered being online years ago, that if anything unclaimed was just standing out there, it's fair game for anyone to take, and thats just something people have to deal with. Didn't bother to claim your shit before logging off for the night? Well good luck trying to see if your stuff is still there come next day. And personally, from my experience in the early days of MC, a griefer is someone who deliberate destroys and kills individuals for nothing more than their own leisure, not necessarily one who stole goodies out in the open, because, you have to admit, we've all done at that some point, even you, which ever admin/moderator is reading this. (If you even bothered to read up to this point.)

Ultimately though, I can see that what I did was apparently a rule for your domain, to which I was not aware of, and I take responsibility. As a co-founder for a personal group I run, I understand the need for the maintaining of order in servers, organizations, etc. All I had to say was what is up above. You're free to either deny or accept this appeal, how ever you see fit. Have a good day.

Ok, first of all- not exactly sure why you thought it was a good plan to insult the person who is making the decision on whether or not to unban you, but, I'd suggest you start off with being more respectful, as that is rule #1 on our server.

Now as far as 'common sense in Minecraft culture'- I would think it would be common sense to read the rules thoroughly of a server you want to spend time on, and follow them. And our rules clearly state what is considered griefing on our server. You had to take a quiz on these rules to even get into the server, so you can't claim ignorance on this. But to refresh your memory- here

[Image: g6qNDpE.jpg]

[Image: BKhJKvx.png]

[Image: lSfo1QJ.png]

[Image: TbdenUd.png]

Furthermore- From our rulebook at https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13
"  A.  Do not modify any property that is not yours without the permission of the property-owner.  This includes the addition or subtraction of any gameplay element from one’s property, such as: blocks, crops, items, animals, NPCs, etc.  A property’s age, state of integrity, state of security, or state of occupation does not alter this rule.  If the property is not yours, do not alter it."

Our server is advertised as a grief-free server. Its very important to read the rules of a server you plan on joining- previous experiences on other servers does not mean this server will be the same. 

This appeal is denied, as you don't really seem to think you've done anything wrong, and have been really disrespectful both when I jailed you and in your appeal. You can try appealing again if you are more respectful and treat this seriously.

- Some nut named Illogical

(06-30-2019, 05:06 AM)illogicalsong Wrote: Ok, first of all- not exactly sure why you thought it was a good plan to insult the person who is making the decision on whether or not to unban you, but, I'd suggest you start off with being more respectful, as that is rule #1 on our server.

Now as far as 'common sense in Minecraft culture'- I would think it would be common sense to read the rules thoroughly of a server you want to spend time on, and follow them. And our rules clearly state what is considered griefing on our server. You had to take a quiz on these rules to even get into the server, so you can't claim ignorance on this. But to refresh your memory- here

[Image: g6qNDpE.jpg]

[Image: BKhJKvx.png]

[Image: lSfo1QJ.png]

[Image: TbdenUd.png]

Furthermore- From our rulebook at https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13
"  A.  Do not modify any property that is not yours without the permission of the property-owner.  This includes the addition or subtraction of any gameplay element from one’s property, such as: blocks, crops, items, animals, NPCs, etc.  A property’s age, state of integrity, state of security, or state of occupation does not alter this rule.  If the property is not yours, do not alter it."

Our server is advertised as a grief-free server. Its very important to read the rules of a server you plan on joining- previous experiences on other servers does not mean this server will be the same. 

This appeal is denied, as you don't really seem to think you've done anything wrong, and have been really disrespectful both when I jailed you and in your appeal. You can try appealing again if you are more respectful and treat this seriously.

- Some nut named Illogical

Who is saying that i'm not taking this seriously? You have got to be kidding me. 

I'm acknowledging to you that I did do something wrong unintentionally, and am giving you my correspondence on it. If you detailed the ruling on griefing as what you stated in your rulebook, then so be it, fine, i'll follow that! I should also mention that the quiz at the start of the server, I personally just rushed it without reading anything, just thought i'd say that. All I am saying to YOU is that I, wholeheartly did not see what I was doing as "griefing", but now i'm telling you that I do. 

And being disrespectful? I could've went a lot further than just saying "sucker" and "what the hell" if I wanted to, i'm just saying. How would you have honestly felt if this happened to you? You have no say in what I do, but I still decided to be decent and not be as disrespectful. Just think on that.

(06-30-2019, 08:49 AM)RedBaron1070 Wrote: And being disrespectful? I could've went a lot further than just saying "sucker" and "what the hell" if I wanted to, i'm just saying. How would you have honestly felt if this happened to you? You have no say in what I do, but I still decided to be decent and not be as disrespectful. Just think on that.

My point being- you shouldn't have gone even as far as you did. If you don't think what you did is far enough to deserve a ban- I'm afraid you're not a good fit for our server. Appeal denied. Find a new server.