• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
Disable achievements showing in chat for the first week or two. Helps keep anonymity.

I think it would be really cool if we had bettor slots. maybe have them to where they gradually go up as the person stays on the server or the more the votes the better the rewards. there's only so much wood someone's going to take before they quit playing the slots.

One thing I'd like to see is a change in rules regarding claim validity time. I propose that after maybe 6(3?) months of inactivity, a player's build should be eligible for demolition. At least, after the validity expires, allow other players to enter and build in the 100m protection zone.

Each and every noob hut haphazardly built by one time players are effectively blocking a 200x200 zone from anyone else, that's 40,000 blocks gone. This is why sometimes people can't develop something nice, because lots of the land available are 'protected' by those huts. I think it can be left to staff judgement; it's fine to preserve a giant castle built by an old player, but it really makes no sense when a 12 month old dirt hut can block the development of a massive, beautiful town.
[Image: aenPm2S.png]

Earned my right to drop this joke with 1000 votes
26/11/2019

(09-12-2019, 12:05 PM)EspInquisition Wrote: One thing I'd like to see is a change in rules regarding claim validity time. I propose that after maybe 6(3?) months of inactivity, a player's build should be eligible for demolition. At least, after the validity expires, allow other players to enter and build in the 100m protection zone.

This is a pretty good idea - it sucks to find a cool biome to build in only to find out that there's a tiny house that someone made a few years ago and never came back to. I would say though that for those of us who sometimes have to take breaks from playing (school/work commitments) but want to come back in vacation time it could be demotivating, so to speak. Perhaps users who are of Regular/Member/Experienced rank or higher could be exempt, or have a longer possible inactivity time?

On another topic, perhaps not straight away while the economy is small, but later on, what would everyone think of some sort of lottery plugin where players can buy tickets for a chance of winning a monetary or item jackpot?

I do agree with other users that slots could be upgraded as right now it's often better (at least in the short term) to sell tokens for ~$150 then get things like logs worth around $10 to $30. I like belgnbor's suggestion that more spawn eggs could be added.

Maybe change voting ranks? For VIP players, there's not much incentive to vote at the moment in regards to ranks, because you would already have at least 10 set homes and many permissions. It would be cool if features like /near were given to those of a particular voting rank.

If spawners could be mined with silk touch pickaxes, I'd be delighted.

I'm not fully updated on all reset plans, but has there been any mention of world size? I think something like ±10,000 by ±10,000 would be the plan, especially considering that Mojang could make changes to world generation in the future, but loss of mobs due to players killing them is worrying.

My suggestions are some additional features to enhance vanilla play, while keeping to the regular Ht play style:

(If you do Install these Datapacks:
(1) Unzip them so there is only 1 folder (e.g. "mob head" folder > "data" folder. Not "mob head" folder > "mob head" folder > "data" folder)
(2) Dump the file with Datapack name in the: "datapack" folder.
[Location: "world" folder (idk maybe renamed Hometown - world) > "datapack" folder]

(These datapacks originated from (https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/), where the management of Hermitcraft releases free datapacks/plugins for people to enjoy Mc)

Mob drop heads:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncgvx13xfi...0.zip/file)
- Mobs have a chance to drop heads (player heads of their head) 
- Only if killed by players
- Mob heads rarity depends on how common mob is (e.g. Cows have rare chance drop heads, Elder Guardians have high chance drop heads)
- This is a modified version of XisumaVoid. I changed the Heads of specific mobs to prettier ones, and the link includes Bees (total of 157 different head types (cuz different villagers/zombie villagers/panda/bee varient heads etc)

Pvp heads:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/j7i04u7k20...0.zip/file)
- Players killed by other players will drop heads (100% drop)
(e.g. Someone killed illogical, illogical will drop her head)
- Non modified version from XisumaVoid.

Double Shulker Shells:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/am6xv4kk4m...2.zip/file)
- Shulkers drop 2 shulker shells instead of just 1.
- Non modified version from XisumaVoid.

Silence Mobs:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/ff07ypghbq...0.zip/file)
- If a mob is nametagged with "Silence me", silence me" or "silence_me", they no longer make sounds

Ender Dragon drops Elytra:
(http://www.mediafire.com/file/7nqxijroxi...2.zip/file)
- Ender Dragon drops elytra, even summoned ones

Arrei pointed this out already, my only complaint with the reset is loot like shelkers, elytras, sponges etc so there'probably isn't going to be a chance for me to regain my double chest of shelker boxes if the end stays the same. If I remember correctly it was a day or 2 before all the end cities were raided for shelkers when the server first updated. With the end having a boarder it severely disadvantages those that didn't get time to grind the end in the couple of days that there is some loot left. Since resetting the end every so often hasn't really worked so well maybe there could be like a spawn room/ mob grinding arena, that could be designed like a small end dimension, where players could go to get shelkers as relying on staff to reset the end every so often or having to buy them from the server shop isn't realistic (unless they were sold for the value of a couple diamonds per box then you can't get rich off grinding the end every time it reset)

Ps. When I mean varients it includes things such as:

by type;                                          e.g. red fox/snow Fox
by different personalities      e.g. Aggressive/weak/brown Panda
by different conditions            e.g Bees, Pollinated Bees, Angry Bees

Final Suggestion:
Reset End every now and then.

The Following link shows how to reset the End, without resetting the End hub (Where Ender Dragon Spawn)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlqDBcgmIc

(09-12-2019, 04:06 PM)quek98 Wrote: If I remember correctly it was a day or 2 before all the end cities were raided for shelkers when the server first updated.

Plus some players were breaking in the end cities that belonged to other players breaking many things in the process

It would be cool to add a new rank like VIP4 and the perks could be like silking spawners, keeping exp on death, etc.

(09-13-2019, 12:00 AM)Jadon_B Wrote: It would be cool to add a new rank like VIP4 and the perks could be like silking spawners, keeping exp on death, etc.

Things like that may be a bit overpowered...
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye