Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE
(09-13-2019, 10:38 PM)belgnbor Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:17 PM)DargothUr Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 07:45 PM)Cil Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 04:34 PM)Boogerfarmer Wrote: herro, Luna_Of_Vale here

I doubt my suggestion will be chosen but I would love to see a way where we can pay using ig$ or real$ to prevent chunks of our choosing to prevent mob spawns in low light level areas. Being a novice builder with big plans in the new update, i would love to be able to build and not worry about mobs spawning in areas with low light levels and constantly worry about mobs. I like to play with the lighting to bring out the mood of the place. Theres no place for zombies and creepers in a peaceful harbortown. What do you think? If you like my idea or not, lets talk on discord @Boogerfarmer #8161

That honestly just seems like it would be taking away the vanilla experience out of hometown, and I don't see any purpose in doing that

Same opinion here, but maybe it could be possible to get nights away faster if an majority of people wants it... For example by speeding time up for a few percent every time when someone goes to bed or to directly skip the night if more than 60 percent of all players go to bed.

I don't agree with skipping nights.   Whilst nights for the bulk of players is a pain in the ass, there are others who look forward to them to collect goods and finding zombies/zombie villagers and other mobs or to show off their builds with the mood lighting they have installed into the build.  Nothing worse then getting a zombie villager or other mob nearly where u want it and it changing to day and watching it burn up before your very eyes.

I do agree partly with Luna that may be in game cash could be used to stop mobs spawning at other builds, for example the recent ice hockey arenas which are hard to light up without detracting from the build  are swamped by mobs and a few other big builds where lighting them up is very hard but are ruined by mobs constantly spawning.  It should only be in game cash but should still be quite costly and only to a single build not a whole town.  I have no idea if this is even possible of course.

Luna_of_Vale here,

Woah! Thanks for all the Responses! I do think it is a stretch of a task to ask. And it does take out of the "survival/vanilla Minecraft" theme that this server runs on. But after we survive, we build right? And I hate having to constantly kill zombies and creepers etc in my builds cause my builds are "moody" and utilize the differences in lightings. If it was possible to buy "peaceful chunks" for say.. ~$2500..? Is that reasonable?

I'm not sure if skipping night is a good idea on a big server because some people as esp has suggested utilizing the night and the mob spawnings for profit as well. Some people can abuse that system as well by changing the time to day, when someone wanted the night. 

In regards to Cil's comment on this suggestion from taking away from the "survival vanilla minecraft server theme". Doesn't ig$, warps&homes, fly and more take away from that already? Wasn't this listed as a semi vanilla server? I think we shouldnt detract from the beauty of all our able builders by having mobs run amok in our towns due to lack of lighting. for example, TheCatKing's vtown looks absolutely brilliant! However, it is a shame that theres also hundreds of mob spawns that detracts from the beauty of CatKing's work that I gotta avoid or kill whenever I go there to study and get inspired.

Edit: not to mention that less mob spawns would make the server less laggy right? or would the differences between "peaceful" and "vanilla" in chunks make it more laggy? 

More thoughts and suggestions are welcome! I cant wait for the new server. 

PS: how is the world seed? Is it possible to make the landscapes more "Dynamic" and not ugly typical random seeds? (I dont mean amplified either, I just think randomly generated worlds on vanilla minecraft can be really ugly and broken.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Arrei - 09-11-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Sky - 09-11-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Cil - 09-12-2019, 12:12 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Sky - 09-12-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Nehk - 09-12-2019, 08:59 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Cow - 09-13-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Cow - 09-13-2019, 04:24 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by EMC_ - 09-13-2019, 05:33 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Cil - 09-13-2019, 04:51 AM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Cil - 09-13-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: Server Reset YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE - by Boogerfarmer - 09-14-2019, 05:05 PM