• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happend to the server?
I like Zo's idea a lot!

I guess part of what annoys me I suppose is the high proportion of new players that are griefes/smol children, but we can always chose who to talk to and who not to talk to Smile
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

(03-29-2016, 04:11 AM)ZoBot_ Wrote: I've been thinking about how we can tighten the community, as you've said that that was an aspect of the game that is now out of said, and was wondering what you guys thought about introducing an event that would help bring us together. This is, of course, just an idea I came up with and is not official- nor have I discussed this with anyone.
Not sure if it's possible, but if people enter their igns into the event, and are then paired up with someone to talk to in private message, they then have to work out common interests or something. There could be multiple rounds, with a set time (maybe 5 or 10 minutes each). After the first round, you message your second person and after that the third person. Of course, after the event the players may be great friends, or never talk to each other again. It's an opportunity to meet new people, and may bring a more social atmosphere to the server for those involved
Idk, what do you guys think? If this event was real, how often do you think it should be hosted? (has to be reasonable as staff already have a lot on their hands, and it would be a challenge to keep up.)

Kinda sounds like speed dating xD
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

The server has been much bigger before. Back then 70 players on was normal and rare that it was under 60 (when we were originally on the semi-vanilla category). It is kinda like a cycle, it goes down and randomly up.

The percentage of high quality members from new players is super low and the more people that join the higher the chance of us getting higher quality members. It's not like all of the great community members here joined in a month, it is an accumulation of high quality players that we were lucky enough to have stay over a couple years

What Frost said. The high caliber players we get trickle in over periods of time, and yes we lose some great people occasionally, I can think of quite a few friends that no longer play here, but we do occasionally get new players whom I really like, and that's how it tends to be.