• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
First Day on Hometown
I can't remember my first day much now as it was at least two years ago. I do however remember the tutorial. I just took a quick look over the rules and then went to the signs, got most right then was always getting one or two wrong, it pissed me off to the point where I took my time to read the signs just to beat the quiz. After I did that I remember being around spawn and someone was helping me vs the mobs. Spawn was very simple back then and very hardcore for new people. But I loved the server since that and a week or two later got vip3. The end Smile

I got introduced by my friend to Hometown, I still remember building a house next to my friends and being so happy, I wish I knew what the chat was at the time to see this: Welcome [Player] HorseGirl7311 to Hometown! Then seeing the welcome. That was a good day Smile.
- HorseGirl7311 • Horse • Miss. Horse -
 - Owner of /warp horse_xp - New Spider Spawner -

I remember mine, my firest Norikoi introduced me cause it was 1.7, man, I lovwe hometown, I even still have my first home! its so cute C: I love trhis server and dread the day it goes away, probs a long time from now thoughz! Big Grin
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

I was looking forward to finding a mid-tier server that wasn't crowded full of kind peeps who just wanna play some survival. I think I found it!

First thing I did was set out in search of the raddest place to build. I tried to find people to build with at the beginning, but thought maybe I could make a place and invite people to it rather than step on any toes. Once I found a nice area, I immediately set to strip mining. I got a little carried away because I always trance out listening to Animal Collective, and I had more diamonds and cobbles then I knew what to do with. So I started building RadDeer Tower. I spent almost eight hours down in that mine just digging 20 block corridors every 3 blocks. Maybe not the most entertaining day, but hey! I got plenty of materials out of it.

Let's see, did the tutorial, ran, got stuck in a trap, tp'd back to spawn, ran again, found a spot to build (which I later realized was too close to another build and removed and moved on)
When I first joined there was a wedding going on at /warp cathedral, and so I went and watched. It was like BlackTiger and either Nicu or Anal, can't remember anymore.
A day or two later Tigs and Nicu got bant :p

I was introduced by my friend to hometown. She still plays but not as much as she used to. Anyway, I remember coming on, being welcomed by Kat and a few other people, skipping the tutorial (randomly guessing the questions and getting most right :p) Then I left xD. I remember being bored as shit and wanting to play on Mineplex. But then one month later I came on for the first actual time. I remember being welcomed back by Maddie and promptly ignored her and continued on with my day. I ended up building my first house on my first sky island (I have 2 now) I had Vil set the warp and I remember buying out kshop to building the platform. I built the first house and sold it to another VIP3 for $17 (way too much for it but hey, I didn't understand the money system back then as well as I do now) after that I built a few more houses then left HomeTown for the day.

P.S. Cilgalad later forced me to do the tutorial about a month and a half later

I started playing minecraft on PC in June of 2015, and then joined HomeTown on September 14, 2015. It was only the second server I had been committed to, so I was still slightly a noob but learning quickly. My previous server closed down without any warning because staff got bored of it, so I started looking for knew ones. On the first one I joined, everyone was roleplaying and staff didn't answer any questions. I noped tf out of that very quickly. I googled "anti-grief no-pvp mcmmo server" and strangely enough, HomeTown popped up even though it wasn't mcmmo.

I was welcomed by a few people, including Emma and Vil, and I did the tutorial. I'm one of those people who reads every single signs and gets ever question right on the first try (like most should, I suppose). I asked some really dumb questions and probably seemed like a total noob. Before I was even done with the tutorial, I was already being offered help. Reapstarr offered me a chamber in warp sewers, showed me how to get free food, tped me to places where I could start building, and gave me a list of helpful warps. Reap was my first friend on the server <3
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

(03-29-2016, 11:23 PM)Beo Wrote: I started playing minecraft on PC in June of 2015, and then joined HomeTown on September 14, 2015. It was only the second server I had been committed to, so I was still slightly a noob but learning quickly.  My previous server closed down without any warning because staff got bored of it, so I started looking for knew ones. On the first one I joined, everyone was roleplaying and staff didn't answer any questions. I noped tf out of that very quickly. I googled "anti-grief no-pvp mcmmo server" and strangely enough, HomeTown popped up even though it wasn't mcmmo.

I was welcomed by a few people, including Emma and Vil, and I did the tutorial. I'm one of those people who reads every single signs and gets ever question right on the first try (like most should, I suppose). I asked some really dumb questions and probably seemed like a total noob. Before I was even done with the tutorial, I was already being offered help. Reapstarr offered me a chamber in warp sewers, showed me how to get free food, tped me to places where I could start building, and gave me a list of helpful warps. Reap was my first friend on the server <3
I joined in august 2015 :Big Grinwe were new players around the same time !
Have a great day!  Angel

On my first day. .. I think I dug into the side of a cliff and loved there till I joined julietsummers town
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

My friend introduced my to HT. I was already playing another SMP server, but it's very very different from HT.. not as pleasant.
My first day started with the tutorial: I took my time, trying to catch all the signs I could. I only missed one of the quiz answers but I don't remember which.. either a command or URL or something else that wasn't so much a rule as it was something you had to memorize.
My friend showed me the protection stones and gave me a set of iron gear and some tools and food to get me started.
She asked if I wanted to settle nearby, but me being me, I ventured off to a random part of the world, landing first beside some bizarre tower of vines and second in a birch forest that flanked a mountain where I made my home.

I immediately started gathering resources, mining, cooking stone.. I dug out my underground garden, first, and the blueprint of my actual base. I've done this dozens of times over, so getting on my feet isn't as much of a challenge as it used to be.
I killed a slime I saw.. and kept hoping more would show up, but alas. Sad

I was SUPER puzzled by the /vote command since none of the signs or announcements explained that you vote on websites and not for people. >_<; The wording made it seem like I had to vote FOR myself or someone else and I was so.. befuddled LOL.
I discovered the market, too, and I've grown to love it.

My friend gave me a journal, too, but I write too much and get kicked after 2 pages for idling. orz
[Image: 0z5OFEa.png]