• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elytras being sold at /warp shop
Okay so it's been a few days since the end has been updated, and only 8 of us so far have elytras. The majority of the end has been explored and no one has found anymore. My suggestion is that we add elytras as an item at .warp shop. It would be a huge money sync and would give many players the opportunity to have one. My suggestion is we have them at around $1000-$1500 in order to limit the amount that are spawned. And the price would also keep people from selling them to new players who don't know any better.
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Keeping it rare for now would be better in my opinion. Also last I heard the new end will reset from time to time and maybe expands the boarders too. So more chances will open up in the future.

Well the thing is it will would be still expensive so you wouldn't see many people with it.

Bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I dont see why this is a bad thing its not like lots of people will be buying them for 1.5k and if they dont sell the dragon heads there it still leaves a really rare item. Also resetting the end is just going to make them less rare so its fair to put them in the shop.
Have a great day!  Angel

I agree with donkey on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As do I

They seem kinda pointless, flying is so much better, requires less work, and doesn't have durability. So basically only new players or "poor" players would really have use for them outside of just having it for the neatness factor. In addition, once the newness haso worn off, I doubt anyone would want to pay over 1000 igm just to glide, that's basically ~500 diamonds for a knock off /fly that also has durability.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

(03-30-2016, 04:00 AM)Wrexial33 Wrote: They seem kinda pointless, flying is so much better, requires less work, and doesn't have durability. So basically only new players or "poor" players would really have use for them outside of just having it for the neatness factor. In addition, once the newness haso worn off, I doubt anyone would want to pay over 1000 igm just to glide, that's basically ~500 diamonds for a knock off /fly that also has durability.

The reason why I want one, and why I'm willing to pay a lot of money for it is because when you fly with the Elytra, you kinda look like a bird (Once someone gets on with fly and an Elytra, I'll screenshot it and put it on the thread) . The Elytra just looks pretty fucking cool too.

Anyways, Osh and I came up with the whole idea to add Elytras to the server shop because the 8 people who had the Elytras didn't seem like they wanted to give them up anytime soon. I've been in the End for hours, and many others have too, with no luck in finding an Elytra. Most people who have found an End City either have the ship half-loaded or not there whatsoever. Also, I'm a lazy little bitch with so little time on her hands recently.  

I could also see Elytras being a server donation reward or being sold on the donation site, prices ranging anywhere from 5 USD to 10 USD . The only problem with selling it for real money is that (like others have stated) it would take away the "wow-factor" or "title" given to those who have one. It would make it much easier for people to get their hands on one.

I'd also just like to point out the fact that Enderdragon eggs are sold at /warp shop for the same price Osh and I discussed ($1,000) , and not that many people (at least I've heard, not entirely confirmed) have bought one.
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]

/warp shop main goal was to be a money sink when it was setup..Eggs were out for a long time and it was a big money sink for people who wanted the egg and at the time eggs were getting less rarer when the shop was setup as there were fight nights going on.

I feel it's better to keep elytra out of the shop for now. At some point i could see it added but for now having the mini event where players go and hunt for one is way more fun and adds something more to do in game.

If however it is added to the shop, then for sure it should be over $1000. It's a trophy more than anything else, currently using the eltyra is very glitchy and it's pointless for anyone to use.