Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
iiiMonkey's Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: iiiMonkey

Reason for your ban: x-ray

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I was curious about x-ray and how it worked, so I installed it to just try it out (with 0 intentions to cheat). After a while, I entered a ravine, and saw an astonishing amount of diamonds, so I thought to myself "mining a couple won't hurt." So my friend and I mined a lot of diamonds. I'm very sorry about this, and I promise I will never x-ray again. I just downloaded the x-ray texture pack today, so I was dumb to think it was okay to use and. I'll burn all the diamonds I mined in lava too. I didn't sell any either, and I won't use that texture pack on this server anymore. It's just very tempting.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I have a lot of time invested into this server, and I don't want to loose it. Also, I've built many things near my house, and I have a lot of good stuff in my chests. I've looked through many other survival servers, but this one has been the most fun, unlike any others. Even though it's a small server, it's still my favorite out of all I've played on.

I appreciate your honesty. So let me just see if I understand correctly... you’ve never used X-ray before, you just decided on hometown you wanted to give it a try and see how it worked, so you downloaded it just to try it out but not to cheat?

(12-09-2019, 07:53 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: I appreciate your honesty. So let me just see if I understand correctly... you’ve never used X-ray before, you just decided on hometown you wanted to give it a try and see how it worked, so you downloaded it just to try it out but not to cheat?

Yes, I wanted to see what ores were around my house because I had mined it a lot before and wanted to see what I've passed/missed. And I didn't just do this on HomeTown, I tried it on other servers I rarely use just to see the ores, but not to mine them.

Hmm. Interesting. That’s not what you told your friend just before I banned you, but ok.

As it stands, for the rules you broke here on Hometown, x-raying is a serious offense with a zero-tolerance policy. Here’s how this is going to go. You will remain banned for no less than 30 days. Upon your return, you will hand over all diamonds, diamond materials (tools, weapons, armor, etc.), and anything else you may have x-rayed for, to myself or another staff member. And, your balance will be reset to $0.

In the mean time, I would recommend reviewing our rulebook,

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

because if you are banned again, I can’t imagine you’ll be given another chance.

(12-09-2019, 08:18 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: Hmm. Interesting. That’s not what you told your friend just before I banned you, but ok.

As it stands, for the rules you broke here on Hometown, x-raying is a serious offense with a zero-tolerance policy. Here’s how this is going to go. You will remain banned for no less than 30 days. Upon your return, you will hand over all diamonds, diamond materials (tools, weapons, armor, etc.), and anything else you may have x-rayed for, to myself or another staff member. And, your balance will be reset to $0.

In the mean time, I would recommend reviewing our rulebook,

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

because if you are banned again, I can’t imagine you’ll be given another chance.

Thank you, I appreciate it but my gear has nothing to due with the diamonds I x-rayed. I don't even have any. Check my inventory and chests. The money I have is from previous jobs and selling valuables before I x-rayed, not from selling x-rayed materials. Same with my tools and armor. The diamonds I x-rayed were not used in any way shape or form for my advantage. I don't even have any. I didn't sell them either. I'm telling the truth. There is no reason to take my diamond tools. Everything else I have is from hours of mining, which has nothing to due with x-ray, cheats, or hacks. Also, my friend shouldn't be banned. He doesn't have x-ray installed, and has never used it before. I'm asking you to not reset his balance because him and I worked hard to get him that much money, which he has been saving for over a month. He also did not sell any diamonds that were x-rayed.

Your consequences are not negociable.

There’s no way to prove which of your diamonds and diamond materials were obtained legit and which were obtained via x-ray, and whether or not you sold any illegally obtained items, so these are the consequences of using x-ray on this server. It is very clearly stated in our rules in several different places so there’s no excuse, if you choose to use it anyways then that’s on you. We have a very strict zero-tolerance policy, in fact, the consequence used to be a perma-ban with no appeal option, so actually, you are more fortunate than your predecessors.

As for your friend, he will need to make his own appeal and he will be dealt with separately.

(12-09-2019, 10:38 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: Your consequences are not negociable.

There’s no way to prove which of your diamonds and diamond materials were obtained legit and which were obtained via x-ray, and whether or not you sold any illegally obtained items, so these are the consequences of using x-ray on this server. It is very clearly stated in our rules in several different places so there’s no excuse, if you choose to use it anyways then that’s on you. We have a very strict zero-tolerance policy, in fact, the consequence used to be a perma-ban with no appeal option, so actually, you are more fortunate than your predecessors.

As for your friend, he will need to make his own appeal and he will be dealt with separately.

Actually, I believe there is a way to check whether I sold any diamonds (which I didn't). The people that I "sold" (again I didn't) diamonds to can check their history of who bought/sold to them using /csn history, (I think that's the correct command).

Yes, /csn history is a command that shop owners can use to check who sold or bought something from their shop.

Even if I were somehow able to get ahold of every single player on the server that owns a shop and buys diamonds, and ask them to check their /csn history and tell me if you sold diamonds to them (assuming they haven't cleared their history, which most do on a regular basis as they check it...), there is still no way to know which diamonds sold were mined legit and which diamonds were mined with x-ray. Hence why we confiscate any and all diamonds and diamond materials that you have in your possession and reset your balance to ensure no illegally obtained materials or money is left.

It's like cheating on a test in school. If you get caught, you get a 0%, even if you didn't cheat on all the questions. You lose it all. Moral of the story: don't cheat.