• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Event Suggestions
Alright guys, this is try number three. Staff decided to make a thread just for community events suggestions. It was brought to our attention that server moral was at its' highest when we had events that brought the community together. We'd like to revive that. We want to hear what kind of events our players want to see happen in the future, so we can get started on making that a reality. It can be anything from pvp to mob arenas to minigames. You can even suggest what kind of rewards you would like to see. It's okay to suggest similar things as someone else, or to expand on ideas already put out there. Let's put our heads together to make server events a fun and engaging part of our community. 

If you've already posted on the threads that preceded this one, please re-post here. I know nothing has actually been done yet. It's been hard to organize anything with the forums going down and all, so thank you for your patience.

I know some of you want to see "fight night"brought back. I wasn't around for that event, so I honestly have no idea what anyone's taking about in regards to that. Can anyone explain it?

I think a cool event to have would be an organized LMS tournament. I know for a fact that would be a HUGE hit. It's probably the most popular minigames on the server. I, for one, hate it (mostly because I'm shit at it) but all of my friends are obsessed. At any given moment there's usually a round of LMS going and people get very competitive about it, so I feel like this would be a much appreciated event ^.^
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

(12-27-2015, 09:57 AM)Arayvek Wrote:
I know some of you want to see "fight night"brought back. I wasn't around for that event, so I honestly have no idea what anyone's taking about in regards to that. Can anyone explain it?
 Every Saturday/Sunday, there would be an official fight night. At fight night the staff there would spawn in an EnderDragon or two also including withers. Then with any of the stuff you brought to use, you would have to fight them. During the battle, extra mobs would be added to make it more difficult. There would be multiple winners for the different prizes. The winner of the dragon egg would be whoever did the most damage. The winner of the nether star was done in a drop party like style~
- KatNip

Maybe a server war? 2 sides and limited respawns. With some special roles and such. Or even a PVP tournament.

Mob arena sounds fun, maybe a competition for last standing? There doesn't have to be prizes or anything but I still think it would get everyone competitive. Perhaps hosting multiple during different times as well for those outside the American timezones? It's great that you guys are doing this Smile

What about a giant game of hide and seek ...

or

What about a Creative Building Competition (CBC) where you get your own designated area to build and have a certain amount of time to build the chosen subject and is judged by the Mods and Admins ...
[VIP 1]

/Warp Titan

Future
/Warp MegaDome
/Warp Olympus

My idea is every month there is a server Drop Party Kind of like the one at the winter event Smile
Have a great day!  Angel

As kat said, Fight nights would be awesome but maybe a little more than just mob arena and stuff! I think a easter party event would be fun...??!! I'd gladly help make it if it's seriously considered!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Just a bunch of terrible ideas from my microscopic brain <3

-Mob arenas
-Monthly drop parties (plz)
-boss fights
-minigame tournaments and events
-competitions, each one for an aspect of survival/creative minecraft. E.g pvp, archery, building, mining, parkour, etc
-Chicky

(01-24-2016, 05:50 PM)chickenhead24 Wrote: -boss fights
-competitions, each one for an aspect of survival/creative minecraft. E.g pvp, archery, building, mining, parkour, etc

yes yes yes