• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Unban appeal - Alleged Xray.
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned from HomeTown (smp.hometownmc.com)

Minecraft name: EnragedMallard.

Reason for your ban: I was allegedly x-raying.

Who banned you: Guy/RTY.

Why should you be unbanned: I wasn't X-raying, I was mining with a lax set of rules:
1. When doing a left or right 180 degree turn, turn left/right, mine 4 blocks, turn left/right again and continue mining for a random distance.
2. If you see any dirt or gravel, mine it, as it breaks instantly and gives a lot of opportunities for more ores.
3. If you see diorite, andesite or granite, try to move away from it. (Near the end of my trip it looks like I failed this one, because I was essentially hugging the rocks, but I had this in mind when I was doing so.)
4. Try to mediate around Y-level 9. No reason why, just looks nice to me. This one is also very lax, as staying on level 9 alone would be just a needless waste of time.
5. This ruleset is very lax, so don't bother mining an exact area, just mine a random number of blocks, turn and then mine more, remembering to avoid granite and the such.

I'm not sure how I could prove more extensively that I'm not hacking, besides...  sending you my resource pack list? But even that's easily doctored anyways, so I don't see how that would help. Same with the other folder that people using hacked clients use.

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy playing on this server and chatting with people about politics on here. IiiMonkey can vouch for me here, we're mates 'cause I intended on leaving a while ago and gave him all my money, so he decided to make me a statue.

And, in the hopes of being completely honest and transparent, I did inform iiiMonkey I was banned, alongside my brother, a discord server called RedPixel (of whom none play on the server), and another one of my friend's who doesn't play on the server. I did not request of iiiMonkey to try and convince you to unban me, he did that of his own accord, however. I admit that I shouldn't've told them about it as it's a private matter between Guy, RTY and I, but I was angry, as anyone who's been falsely accused of X-raying would be. And in the hopes of being completely honest again, I will admit that I do have a hacked client installed, but I can't use it as it's from a different version of the game, and don't use it on multiplayer servers. Plus it'd remove the fun from mining. The hacked client(s) in question are Wolfram 1.8 and Wolfram 1.12. I can send screenshots of them in my Minecraft launcher, alongside my resource packs.

See, I have a few problems with this. First and foremost, I can see the exact moment that you started mining like this. Before around 50 hours ago, which would have been around the time you were banned, you had been mining straight lines or straight diagonals. Whereas your later mines are interesting to say the least.

https://imgur.com/a/htHYFmH

Those are just a few of the shady ore breaks that you had, I could put together more if necessary, but aside from that I also personally watched you mine while in gm3 and watched you go directly to veins you should have missed, jump your elevation significantly to hit redstone, then make a hard turn to hit gold, and turn a completely different direction to mine through a solid wall to even more redstone.
Discord: Guy#1507 

(02-13-2020, 06:55 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: See, I have a few problems with this. First and foremost, I can see the exact moment that you started mining like this. Before around 50 hours ago, which would have been around the time you were banned, you had been mining straight lines or straight diagonals. Whereas your later mines are interesting to say the least.

https://imgur.com/a/htHYFmH

Those are just  a few of the shady ore breaks that you had, I could put together more if necessary, but aside from that I also personally watched you mine while in gm3 and watched you go directly to veins you should have missed, jump your elevation significantly to hit redstone, then make a hard turn to hit gold, and turn a completely different direction to mine through a solid wall to even more redstone.

(EDITED FOOTNOTE SECTION) Okay, I'm going to preface this first by saying, you're missing half of the nuance here because you can't see the diorite, andesite and granite I'm dodging a lot of the time. Just gonna leave that general point there.
Another general point is that I will sometimes break the "turn 4 blocks forward" rule, but that's because I was tired and my brain was starting to shut off, so I'll sometimes go 3 or 5 blocks thinking it's 4.
Yet another general point, I only got like, 2 diamonds from half an hour of mining? So that's already gonna put some doubts in your mind, no doubt.
Second to last point, the reason why I chose this tactic is because I was about to sleep, Soup was on, I wanted 10k so I could get Vip1 and it made it so I could mine without seizing. If I get into too much of a pattern with my mining, I end up seizing. This doesn't stop that but it at least postpones it, so I hope you can understand why I chose this. Onto the screenshots.
And the last point, I don't want lapis, iron, coal or emeralds during this. I'll take 'em if my inventory can hold 'em, which can't be said for gravel, dirt, granite, andesite and diorite, but I ultimately don't want 'em. Iron and coal don't sell for enough for me to care, lapis is the same but I'll keep it for my valuables chest and future builds, and emeralds I don't want because 1 ore sells for 20$, which just isn't enough for me. So all the times you hear them (or yourself) talking about how I snaked along to get to the emerald/lapis/whatever ore, just remember that.

(EDITED (Paragraph) #1): Sorry about my last paragraph on this, didn't understand the perspective. Okay, so I'm starting with the diorite to the left: You can see in the screenshot provided that I'm moving around the diorite, and following the ruleset. That much is obvious. I turn to the left on a whim, hit some lapis by coincidence (which I don't want, I'll elaborate on that later). I turn to the left again, move forward a random distance, and, keeping with the ruleset, I do a 270 turn, doing the "4 blocks forward" thing. I turn on a whim, hit some gold, turn 5 blocks after turning ('cause I'm bad at counting) and then move forward a random distance. I turn again, mine something out that I can't tell from the screenshot, and then hit the redstone. I'll admit that this looks shady, but... I can't help that..? It's random chance if something looks shady or not, and I'd been mining for at least an hour, so it's not unlikely that that'll occur. I mine upwards to hit some redstone (honestly don't understand this one, I think I just swiped my mouse too hard and it landed on there), and then start going down. I'm assuming this is to dodge another set of stone that you can't see in the screenshot. I go down, hit bedrock and go around a diorite chunk, following the ruleset, hit some redstone and emeralds (that I don't want, I'll elaborate on that later as well), and then continue going around the diorite. I finally get away from it and start going up, hitting some gold by chance. In the screenshot you sadly can't see if I mediate around level 9, but I should. I again go around some andesite, following the ruleset, and go up a block either to dodge it or because I was at 8 by accident. Then I hit what looks like a gravel deposit and mine it all out.

(EDIT #2Smile The second one is just another angle on the first one. I have an issue with the statement: "Snaking your way over to the ore veins(sic) you wanted to look less suspicious". This is, for lack of a better word, uh, your headcanon. I can't disprove or prove this, it's a meaningless statement. You're assuming my intentions despite me showing that the ruleset I was following agrees with the route I took. I can't revoke this one, frankly.

(EDIT #3) Third one, this is, once again, your headcanon. I can't prove or disprove this. I personally believe I moved left because it's in the ruleset and I was trying to be as efficient as possible and hit the redstone by coincidence, because this method is actually really good, but... I can't disprove it. That doesn't mean your argument does or doesn't hold water, it just means there's no way for me to disprove it.

(EDIT #4) Here you see me take 3 random turns and hit lapis and coal I don't want, which... somehow proves I'm cheating? This one still confuses me, but I guess it makes sense if you haven't heard that part of the footnote's section.

(EDIT #5) No new points here, except that both the screenshot-taker and I were confused by the perspective here, and that I won't fault him for that. This is me actually going up, I looked back in the older screenshots and it only makes sense this way, as before I'd be dropping down from older levels and here I was moving up to level 9.

Don't think any new points are brought up here, either.

This one is also headcanon-y, if you look at the ruleset (the ever-important ruleset) you see I'm following it and it makes sense that way. I don't think the admeme believed I was following the ruleset, which... doesn't make sense? If I was allegedly hacking, wouldn't I want to at least try to hide it? I dunno. Not a substantive statement, either way.

Last screenshot, if I was following the ruleset and using an X-ray, wouldn't I be unable to see the redstone due to the diorite? Or any of the other ores on the way down? Anyways, side-note, I just remember why I move diagonally here: I was copying the old style I did before, the diagonal 3x3 V-shape mining style. You can see I mine 3 blocks high, which I don't do for the rest of the journey, and then when I get bored I stop and just start mining normally. This is around when I started so I hadn't gotten the ruleset into my head, hence the mining 3 blocks high thing after doing the V-shape, and hence not dodging the diorite, as I was editing the ruleset on the fly. I would've commented this earlier but I honestly didn't understand why I did this when I wrote the last edit, sorry. I hope that clears things up.

(EDIT: CONCLUSION) In conclusion, I apologise for my last edit being so hastily done, I really didn't want to wait another plurality of days for the ban appeal 'cause I'm impatient and Guy has a job to do. Now that I've edited some of the paragraphs to be more clear and come off as less of a bastard, I really hope you'll understand a few points:
1. A lot of these conclusions are straight-up headcanon. I cannot prove nor disprove them, which is a major problem for someone defending their innocence.
2. The power balance between use is... not equal, to say the least. A lot of these points I'm having issues proving or disproving because of the angle of some of the screenshots, the ambiguity as to the direction I was mining and a few other reasons.
3. MAY THE POWER OF THE RULESET PURGE THIS LAND OF IT'S ORE DEPOSITS! MAY ETERNAL GROWTH AND CAPITALISTIC AND SELFISH ENDEAVOURS TRUMP ALL OTHER POTENTIAL REASONINGS AS TO THE ACQUIRING OF CAPITA- okay, that's enough of that.

Oh, and two side-notes: Sorry if this comes off as insulting to you, I really, really don't mean it to for obvious reasons, I can't help sounding insulting sometimes. Probably an autistic thing. And the second one, you mention me, uh, changing methods and how that proves I've been, uh, hacking..? Uh, I change methods quite often, especially when my past ones are both inefficient and make me seize.

Anyway, I hope you read this second edit of my original post. I'm sorry if this bewilders you, I do care about this server a lot and a lot of my original points were either lazy, very aggressive or just plain rude, so I thought I'd edit it. I wish you fortune in your ventures, and I apologise if I insulted you in some way.

Alright, so here's where I stand, after having read your responses and edits, as well as discussion with a couple of other staff members, I must admit that you have given me enough reasonable doubt that I believe I may have been mistaken. Apologies for this whole exercise, as well as for the wait on your appeal, I have had an ongoing migraine for about 4 days now and so have only been at my computer intermittently.

With all of that said, welcome back to Hometown!
Discord: Guy#1507 

(02-14-2020, 03:36 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright, so here's where I stand, after having read your responses and edits, as well as discussion with a couple of other staff members, I must admit that you have given me enough reasonable doubt that I believe I may have been mistaken. Apologies for this whole exercise, as well as for the wait on your appeal, I have had an ongoing migraine for about 4 days now and so have only been at my computer intermittently.

With all of that said, welcome back to Hometown!

Oh, I'm sorry, I would've been less of a dick if I knew you had a migraine. Apologies accepted, but I must ask one thing: Does this mean I can continue to use the method, or does this mean that I should go with the stricter method? I'd really rather not have this whole ordeal happen again, and I'd prefer to keep the method, but if one is incongruous with the other than so be it.