• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal- XRAY
Code:
Code:
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown
Minecraft name: FipisaurusRex

Reason for your ban: XRAY

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned:I think this ban was from 2-3 years ago. I haven't really played Minecraft since because I didn't find a server that I enjoyed like hometown. I recently logged back on and I want to get back on hometown. I deleted my hacks years ago and I don't have any reason to download them again.

Why do you want to come back: I loved this server and I understand that using hacks was selfish. I promise I won't resort to that again.

Thank you for reading

Yes, your xray was blatantly obvious in spectator mode screenshots taken June 26, 2017.

Since you have admitted guilt, I will convert your perma-ban to a 30 day tempban if you can answer the following questions in your own words to our satisfaction:

- How does x-raying affect the server, besides being selfish?
- 8 days before your ban, you said "congrats you just got scammed"; I suspect that was in response to a private chat message; at the time I did not have spy on. How does scamming affect the community's enjoyment of the server?
- What effect do the rules have on the server being enjoyable?
/Rowebot

(03-17-2020, 02:11 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Yes, your xray was blatantly obvious in spectator mode screenshots taken June 26, 2017.

Since you have admitted guilt, I will convert your perma-ban to a 30 day tempban if you can answer the following questions in your own words to our satisfaction:

- How does x-raying affect the server, besides being selfish?
- 8 days before your ban, you said "congrats you just got scammed"; I suspect that was in response to a private chat message; at the time I did not have spy on.  How does scamming affect the community's enjoyment of the server?
- What effect do the rules have on the server being enjoyable?

I'd say it affects the server by making it unfair to other players. I don't remember the context of saying that, since it was 3 years ago but I'd assume it wouldn't make the server as enjoyable. The rules try to make the server more enjoyable

Sorry, I am not accusing you of scamming -- the log shows no one upset at you.  Your log comment brought up memories of true scams by other players.

Your answers are too short and vague.  My questions are not as clear as they could be.  Please try to answer these revised questions from the point of view of a playerX who wants to play community survival without breaking the rules.  Answer with 2 examples for each question.

1) how does someone x-raying directly affect playerX?

2) how does being scammed affect playerX?

3) how does playerX feel when some players break the rules without consequences?
/Rowebot

(03-17-2020, 08:44 AM)R owebot Wrote: 1) how does someone x-raying directly affect playerX?
It gives an unfair advantage to the player that is XRAYING and makes them want to give up. If the hacker gets the material in a day and a regular player gets it in a week, I'd feel pretty upset.
2) how does being scammed affect playerX?
They feel like it was unjust and if it goes unpunished then they might resort to scamming as well which makes it a toxic server.
3) how does playerX feel when some players break the rules without consequences?
They feel as though they can hack without consequences. 

Thank you. I am converting your ban to a 30 day tempban starting yesterday. Which means your ban will be lifted April 14th.

We have been forced to reset the world since you were last on but the old server is available for taking schematics of your builds and revisiting places.

You should spawn into the new tutorial which goes over the rules. Once you have passed the tutorial, you can do "/rules" to see the rules again.
/Rowebot

You have been unbanned.

Welcome back to Hometown!
/Rowebot