• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Warps
I have found that some Public Warps have no signs posted example: Xbones, How is a player to tell if it is ok to access chest in that area? for if they do as it stands they can be banned right?. or is this a server trap? I been on so many servers and I am old and tired so sorry if I seam so suspicious. I searched the forum in regards of Xbones and found nothing posted.

If there are chests, but no signs that say you can access the stuff, you cannot take from them. Public warps are used for transport, but they don't mean things can be taken unless given permission from the owner of the stuff.

So if there are chests, don't take from them unless there are signs that say 'Free stuff' or 'You can take from these' or something like that

Hope this helps!

Public warps are used for transport? if it is not for public use to a shop then they should have used a set home. or have the landclaim set so that the chest are protected, as it is now it's just a server trap to get rid of any players staff has a dislike for. what does the server owners say? I am not looking to spend to much time on a server with traps.

No, transport for other people to use, for example, if someone is doing a project that other people are helping with, they cannot use another person's sethome. And there's a limited number of sethomes unless you're VIP3, warps make getting places easier.

It's not a trap, it's a pretty simple rule, don't take from things if the person didn't tell you that you can. Some people unlock their stuff so that a lot of people who are helping them can have access, but that doesn't mean they want anyone who stumbles across it to take from it.

Chests aren't set up as traps, they're used to store items. People shouldn't have to worry about people taking from them, even if their stuff isn't locked. So just don't take from something if it doesn't say you can. Almost all warps are owned by players, not staff. So these warps are not 'traps set up to get rid of people' by staff, but players setting up an area for their, and their friends use. They may have a plan to make it into a shop, they may still be developing it.

I have played minecraft ever since 1.0 was out, ran a large server for 5 years, as well as played on many servers, you do not make any since at all, I was looking for a server that is not ran by kids just starting out, Seams I have made a big mistake in coming here, go ahead and delete my builds , I will not be coming back. thanks for wasting my time and money. bye.

You do realize that most warps that exist on HomeTown is NOT run by the server staff, but are warps purchased by players for in-game money. Staff cannot moderate every single warps on the server, but maintain moderation on the public warps that is set up by the staff, such as warp lumber and warp farm. If you find some undelevoped warps, those are likely to be owned by another player, who haven't had the time to finish their build. Illo was just trying to help you get an answer for your question, so resolving to call the staff team kids won't help.