• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Jimeko 

Reason for your ban: Xraying 

Who banned you: Vilneas I think, I was banned around 4-5 years ago.

Why should you be unbanned: I get that you might not trust me, but I'm truly sorry for xraying. I was still young back then (around 10 or 11) and I was pretty immature. Once again, I am very sorry. If you decide that you don't wanna unban me, please just forgive me for my actions.

Why do you want to come back: I wanna be able to go on the server that I and my old friend used to play, I know it might not be a valid reason but I would love to go back to this server again.

Vilneas has since stepped down from being a staff member, so I can handle your appeal.

Due to the time frame spent being banned, I would consider it time served. This being said, x-ray is still a serious offense and is about to be an immediate permanent ban once the rules are updated. I would like a paragraph or two from you explaining:
1. Why x-ray/cheating is wrong
2. Who it affects
3. A statement saying you will review and hold yourself to the rules from this time forward.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(04-25-2020, 09:56 AM)Star Wrote: Vilneas has since stepped down from being a staff member, so I can handle your appeal.

Due to the time frame spent being banned, I would consider it time served. This being said, x-ray is still a serious offense and is about to be an immediate permanent ban once the rules are updated. I would like a paragraph or two from you explaining:
1. Why x-ray/cheating is wrong
2. Who it affects
3. A statement saying you will review and hold yourself to the rules from this time forward.

X-ray/cheating is wrong because it takes away the spirit of exploring the world. Knowing those two are used to obtain valuable resources, it can ruin the gameplay tremendously. It gives cheaters an unfair advantage over those who are really working hard to get better items. It affects those who play this server and it is unfair to everyone in the community. Also to those who really want to play it vanilla style. I've learnt that my actions have consequences and I will never repeat the same thing I did. I'll try my best to follow the rules while playing on this server.

Alright, sounds good. Welcome back to Hometown, though a warning- a lot has changed since you've last been here, including a literal server wipe and reset.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!