• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xray Ban Appeal
The server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTown SMP

Minecraft name: ThatXboxLiveKid (alt) /NameSakeJake (original account)

Reason for your ban: X-ray/Ban Evasion 

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: 
It has been almost a year since I was originally banned and about 3 months since I was banned a second time for ban evasion. I want to come back to the server and I've been missing out on playing with all of my friends on the server, and I hope that this can all just end. Since I've made all of my failed appeals I've had lots of time to think about how dumb hacking is and how unfair it is to other people. I've recently been playing a lot of other games and other servers have realized how much of a problem hackers are, and just how un-fun it can make games to play. 

Why do you want to come back: 
I've been playing with my friends a lot recently we've gotten close to running out of things to play when one of them suggested going back to the server. I wish that I could join them but sadly I can't since I'm still banned. I want to be able to go back to the server so I can just be able to enjoy myself again and be able to play something other than Roblox with my friends. I've had the most fun I've ever had in Minecraft playing on this server and I really hope that my fourth and probably last chance will be the charm. I know my chances are pretty low but I think that this is worth a shot.

Lets have you answer a few questions, and remember, the more thorough your answer, the more you show me that you understand.

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

5. Why should we trust a player that disregards our rules, and our bans, by creating new accounts to play anyways?

6. How is it fair to the other players that actually do follow the rules, to see a player break the rules, twice, and be allowed to come back anyways?

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

With experience, I've learned that it's not fair when you try to work your hardest to win at something and you get so close to a victory and someone can just press a button and instantly win the game. It's completely horrible and it just makes you feel terrible to lose to someone who put in no effort at all. I still feel bad for when I did the same on this server and I've regretted it ever since.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

An example of why cheating is so harmful and why it can be so bad is because it can completely ruin anything it encounters. It's awful when you put in so much time and effort to gain something that you're proud of and when someone can just press a button and gain what you've been trying to get for hours. It completely ruins the satisfaction of completing that task and makes you feel like you wasted your time.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

Xraying and selling diamonds can affect the owners of other shops since the items were basically cheated into the game and obtained illegally. This can also be bad because someone can get a lot of diamonds and sell all of them at once and can completely ruin an economy from one person having a ton more money in just seconds.

4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

Xraying can affect the economy because someone can get a lot more money and leverage over other people just for pressing a button and putting in no work for it. It's bad because someone can gain leverage and destroy an economy where people work hours to gain slight control.
5. Why should we trust a player that disregards our rules, and our bans, by creating new accounts to play anyways?

There's not a lot of reasons why you should trust people who break the rules and get away with it by creating new accounts. If you would let someone back who just breaks the rules with no effort put into coming back then it would be unfair.  That being said, I do believe in second, third, and fourth chances IF they prove they are worthy. I’m writing this appeal hoping that you do too.
6. How is it fair to the other players that do follow the rules, to see a player break the rules, twice, and be allowed to come back anyway?

In some cases, it's not always a good idea to give people second or even third chances but I hope that I can get another. It's not fair to the people who could have been banned for minor things while I get banned for Xray and ban evasion, and possibly could come back. I like to give people multiple chances because I believe that people can change for the better and learn from the mistakes they’ve made in the past.

Thank you for putting in the effort to answer these questions this time around.

Please note that should you be banned again in the future for any reason, even if it is minor, you will not be allowed back or even allowed to appeal at all. This is your final chance.

You have been unbanned.