Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal - Xray
Heart 
The server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTown SMP

Minecraft name: IceDogLucas

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Trekkie

Why should you be unbanned: I really would like to be unbanned from this server because I absolutely love this server, and this is the only server I only really enjoy playing on. I know that I made a big mistake when I logged on with this and promise I will never want to hear the word X-Ray again, for this will not be used. I understand how unfair it is for me to easily get this so quickly were others spend up to hours mining to get it. During my time away from the server I realized how much of a problem hackers are and that I was being very stupid, immature, and straight up dumb when I logged on with this. I don't know what I was doing and why I did not see there would be a consequence. I would do anything in the world for this server and to make it a better place,I honestly am very, very sorry. I hope you understand.

Why do you want to come back:  As I said earlier, I love this server and it's the only server I find fun these days. I feel that I have made many friends on this server and would wish to continue making friends and bonding with my good friends. ThisThis is the only server that makes me feel at home since everyone is so friendly, and if I were banned from this server I would probably never play minecraft again, and I feel as if I would lose lots of friendships even with my closest friends. I really want to join the server because this is stressing me out a lot and I would love to just get it off my shoulders and enjoy myself. If I lose this server I would probably cry so please, I hope you really understand and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

[Image: image0.png]

By the time you made this appeal, you have been banned for just half an hour. Unless you're a robot or a dog, that's not a lot of time. Also this:

[Image: namesakejake.png]

You used the same phrase from another x-ray appeal from a few days ago. That is against the rule #7 for ban appeals.

[Image: Plagiarism.png]

Even if I don't consider that you just committed plagiarism, you have Experienced rank. At that point you have become well established on Hometown. You have talked with other players for a while, and even made friends with some of them. You have talked with the staff team. You have seen how serious we are about rule breaking. You should have already known very well not to cheat. I am disappointed in you.

Appeal denied. You can try again in a day.
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

yes, will do. I did not mean to commit plagiarism, for I didn't read any other appeals, but will make sure it does not happen again. As you said about being disappointed, so am I. In myself for making that dumb decision. Thanks For The chance ;-;. This will never happen again and everything earned will be given to you.

Sad 
The server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTown SMP

Minecraft name: IceDogLucas

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Trekkie

Why should you be unbanned: I really would like to be unbanned from this server because I love this server, and this is the only server I only really enjoy playing on. I know that I made a humongous, stupid, and most likely unforgiving mistake when I logged on with this, and promise I will never want to hear the word X-ray, for it has really made the last few days, some of my worst as they have been boring and I understand I really, really messed up big time. I have honestly really been thinking about what I have done, I really hate myself for it. I know I was being ignorant, stupid, simple-minded, witless, immature, and just plain dumb when I did this. I don't know why I was overlooking the consequence when this was done. The last few days have been the most boring for me and I honestly and truthfully understand what I did and why I should never do it again, which I won't and that is a promise, for I never wanted to hurt the server or this perfect community, and I just don't know what even got into me, and I really hope that this server, as well as everyone that plays this server, can forgive me for my irresponsible actions the following up to this. I am so very, very sorry for what I have done and started and I hope you understand. If you do not unban me I can see why, this is one of the servers biggest rules, and as an experienced, it honestly makes it much worse since I have settled in and gotten good on this server than for me to break one of the servers biggest rules makes it very disappointing. I know that there are probably many people disappointed in me for my foul actions starting with me and I understand that, and I honestly am so very, very sorry.

Why do you want to come back: The Reason I would like to come back to hometown is that I absolutely fell In love with this server and the community the second I joined and heard my very first "welcome" ever since then I have loved this server more than any other Minecraft I have ever played before. While I was gone I couldn't find out why no other server was like this one but I realized it soon enough. The community is what makes this server unlike any other server out there, this server makes everyone feel at home, welcomed, wanted, and enjoyed on this server. Not only do I feel I have made friends on this server, but I also feel that I have really bonded with my already great and long-known friends, and I would hate to lose them. . This is stressing me out a lot and I would love to just get it off my shoulders and enjoy myself and play some nice, refreshing, and Memorable Hometown. This server really means the world to me and I would do anything to get it back. I really am kicking myself for thinking this was ok, which is most defiantly not alright, and I wish I would have thought about this. Not only do I apologize to Trekkie and the staff team, but everyone from Guest to other Experienced to Devs and Admins.

Okay. I appreciate the honesty and the effort you put in your second appeal. However there is a little problem. You said no x-raying is one of the server's "biggest rules", but nowhere in your appeal did you show that you understand why. So I will have you answer a few questions. Please give a well thought-out answer to each of them. At least two sentences per answer.

1) Why is x-raying wrong?

2) How does x-raying affect other players?

3) How does x-raying impact the server's economy?
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.

1) Why is x-raying wrong? X-raying is wrong because it is cheating and has basically always been against rules. It is also wrong because it is just very unfair to everyone else in the server. 

2) How does x-raying affect other players? X-ray affects other players because it makes you able to look around and find the good stuff. Meanwhile, players spend hours and days trying to find these items. This is very unfair to them and it can make them no longer want to play, losing Hometown players

3) How does x-raying impact the server's economy? X-ray impacts the economy because a player can get very undeserved money. This also is taking money from the shop owner unfairly. Breaking this rule is  ruining the entire economy.

Im very, very sorry and hope I can get on in time for Spring Santa

Alright. Your appeal has been accepted. Items you dropped from when you got killed by a smite have been returned to you, with an exception of the diamond ores you mined.

Due to the nature of your ban, I have discussed with the rest of the staff team about your punishment.  We agreed on giving you a temp ban of two weeks, starting from when you first submitted your appeal. Your ban will be lifted in 10 days from now.

Thank you SO much, it means a lot to finally know I will be unbanned soon. Big Grin