Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown Discord

Minecraft name: Nickel

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): N/A

Who banned you: It didn't say

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I've learned my past actions and for now on to keep things more positive and less tense in the discord.

Why do you want to come back: I miss the vibe of the server, I have a lot of friends on the server and I still need to post more animal pics Tongue

Just some things to update in your appeal, through no fault of your own, I know Discord doesn't share the ban reason or the banner:
Reason for your ban: Disrespect/ignorance of staff
Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

In case you need a memory jog of the ban reason:
https://imgur.com/a/iZqiESG

Knowing the full ban reason gives you more chance to slightly further elaborate in the "Why you should be unbanned" section as well. 
Please either edit your appeal or post a reply including this new information/elaboration.

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Disrespect/ignorance of staff

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I've learned my past actions and for now on to keep things more positive and less tense in the discord.

Why do you want to come back: I miss the vibe of the server, I have a lot of friends on the server and I still need to post more animal pics [Image: tongue.png]

Nether_Ruler Wrote:Just some things to update in your appeal, through no fault of your own, I know Discord doesn't share the ban reason or the banner:

Knowing the full ban reason gives you more chance to slightly further elaborate in the "Why you should be unbanned" section as well.
Please either edit your appeal or post a reply including this new information/elaboration.
Please, update your appeal. One sentence is not enough for me to consider your appeal after the disruption that was caused in #general, especially since it doesn't touch upon what happened or talk about it at all.

I think my elaboration say's enough, considering this was the only time I got banned on discord and how you banned me out of frustration, so I no need to explain myself further Smile

Firstly, you didn't elaborate further. You added the ban reason and the banning staff member's name and ignored the second part of my request to elaborate more on the "Why you should be unbanned" section of your appeal not just once but twice now.
Secondly, it's not up to you to say whether or not your elaboration (which again, doesn't exist) is enough. 
Thirdly, while I admitted frustration (justified, mind you) played a part in your ban, it was by no means the sole reason for it, and hardly serves as a good reason to deny elaboration on a ban appeal that can hardly be considered an appeal in the first place. 1/2 half-assed generic sentences for an appeal has never flown around here, nor will it ever for any ban that I'm moderating. Especially after I told you what to write about and mention in your elaboration. I'm not here to hold your hand, and the more I have to push for what I want the less genuine it seems, but if you want to look at the screenshots of the chat and tell me that you still think I'm 100% in the wrong here and that you're not at fault, then I have no reason to believe that you're going to be any different should I let your return to the Discord.
Fourthly, just to touch upon what you said, the amount of times you've been banned doesn't really play much of a part in your appeal. It's not a reason that you should be unbanned. You don't get a freebie. You need to make a real appeal, just like everyone else.

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Disrespect/ignorance of staff

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I've learned from the past, not to portray the actions I've done in general chat and for that I apologize. For now on I will either keep things more civil or better yet move on and start new. The way I acted was uncalled for and abnormal for my behavior and for that, again, I'm really sorry

Why do you want to come back: I miss the vibe of the server, I have a lot of friends on the server and I still need to post more animal pics [Image: tongue.png]

Nether_Ruler Wrote:Just some things to update in your appeal, through no fault of your own, I know Discord doesn't share the ban reason or the banner:

Nether_Ruler Wrote:Firstly, you didn't elaborate further. You added the ban reason and the banning staff member's name and ignored the second part of my request to elaborate more on the "Why you should be unbanned" section of your appeal not just once but twice now.

Secondly, it's not up to you to say whether or not your elaboration (which again, doesn't exist) is enough. 
Thirdly, while I admitted frustration (justified, mind you) played a part in your ban, it was by no means the sole reason for it, and hardly serves as a good reason to deny elaboration on a ban appeal that can hardly be considered an appeal in the first place. 1/2 half-assed generic sentences for an appeal has never flown around here, nor will it ever for any ban that I'm moderating. Especially after I told you what to write about and mention in your elaboration. I'm not here to hold your hand, and the more I have to push for what I want the less genuine it seems, but if you want to look at the screenshots of the chat and tell me that you still think I'm 100% in the wrong here and that you're not at fault, then I have no reason to believe that you're going to be any different should I let your return to the Discord.
Fourthly, just to touch upon what you said, the amount of times you've been banned doesn't really play much of a part in your appeal. It's not a reason that you should be unbanned. You don't get a freebie. You need to make a real appeal, just like everyone else. 

I genuinely, honestly, do not know how to put this another way: you need to put effort into your appeal. Consider pondering things like "How was what I did disruptive," "How can staff be sure this won't happen again," and "How does being disruptive in a public forum affect not just myself and the person I am communicating with, but also others." These aren't prompts or questions that you need to answer, more examples of how you can further elaborate your incredibly basic appeal.
If you're not going to put effort into this, I'm going to stop putting effort into replying to it. You have a final chance to show me you actually care about coming back before I lock the thread.

Wooow, even after I fixed the appeal and you're still not even satisfied, even though I'm being genuinely being honest about my actions and what I did wrong, apologized and have already moved on. Are you seriously going to give me a hard time, just to be unbanned? This just shows me not to put effort into something that's going to waste my time, Thank you for you're time.

-Nickel

NickelessNick99 Wrote:Wooow, even after I fixed the appeal and you're still not even satisfied, even though I'm being genuinely being honest about my actions and what I did wrong, apologized and have already moved on. Are you seriously going to give me a hard time, just to be unbanned? This just shows me not to put effort into something that's going to waste my time, Thank you for you're time.

-Nickel
I had to basically beg you to adjust your appeal, and even after doing that you adjusted the bare minimum of what I asked. I said in my post before you "fixed" your appeal that 1/2 sentences wasn't enough for me, so I'm not entirely sure why you're surprised that what you came back with was denied. If anything, I've been putting more effort into critiquing your lazy, half-ass replies than you have into your appeal in the first place. I've walked you through this entire process, and you still harsh on me for upholding the standards I told you were going to be upheld

I'm glad that you've moved on, but quite frankly, that fact is rather irrelevant to your appeal. I appreciate the honestly, and I acknowledge it, but it has almost always been standard for me to ask follow up questions on an appeal, I was just directing you to place them in. Your appeal is not satisfactory. Take a look at any other appeal that I've moderated and you'll find that hardly ever do I not ask for clarification or ask more critical thinking questions, just in case you think I'm out to get you. 

Yes, I am. However, the only reason it is this hard is because of your stubbornness and refusal to participate in the very process you chose to engage in. This could have been a very easy appeal, should you have actually cooperated and listened to what I was telling you from the get-go. Instead, you chose to fight me every step of the way.

If that's what you've gathered from this then you've clearly learned nothing. All of my messages were mentioning the lack of effort which has been present through this entire appeal. It's disappointing that you came into this thinking it would be easy, but the fact of the matter is you messed up, and this is the price you pay. I wasn't asking for much, just effort.

True to my word: locking thread.