• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat Bubbles Mod for Minecraft 1.9.2/1.9
How 'bout it, guys?  Stumbled across this, thought it might work for us --

http://minecraftfive.com/chat-bubbles-mod/

Chat Bubbles Mod displays Minecraft chat in a bubble above player heads making it perfect for big multiplayer servers where the chat moves too quickly to read. But really, this is one of the most original mods for Minecraft, and an excellent idea! Note that you can use it on a server as well, that might be very interesting to engage discussions with other players. Chat Bubbles is compatible with Minecraft 1.9 and 1.8, and is regularly updated.

HomeTown is a survival server, the closest we get to mods are plugins to help protect your builds, and if we did have this each player would have to to download it. I think.

The closest to this mod, is the party chat plugin, and that was not very popular so it got removed.

Would everyone have to download the mod to play on the server?

My basic understanding of this is that the speech bubble displays what the player last typed into chat above their heads, so nearby players can read this without having to focus on a fast moving chat.

It's a great idea and I can see it being a helpful and well used aspect of the game when the server is busy, however; the addition of this mod would probably depend on whether everyone has to download the mod and Minecraft forge- as Nitro has already stated.

What does everyone else think?
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela

I feel like this is a good idea but we cant use a mod it would have to be a plugin
Have a great day!  Angel

We had a mod like this installed on the server for a very brief period last year and it was removed as it caused issues. The primary issue were multiple players using Apple computers would be kicked from the server if they attempted to chat in global; I was one of them.

No, I do not believe this is necessary nor a good idea as it would be repeating a former mistake.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook