• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com (Hometown)

Minecraft name: Valhalla_Calling

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Theft of heads and grief Banned by TheDutyPaid Appeal your ban at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): 
I have not been on the server for quite a while, but I have logged in a while ago, just to take a look at my base in the server. And today I found out I was banned for theft of heads and grief. That at first is partially suspicious as I have not been on the server for a long time. Further, I have no idea myself what possible occasion I would have had on the server to perform theft or grief. Most of the times I spent mining somewhere in a cave, or building at my own base. Therefore I would kindly ask to remind me with what I am supposed to have stolen or griefed. In case there is indeed something I did wrong, I was not aware, and I will pay attention to it the next time. In case there is nothing to be found that I did wrong, and so includes an error, it is ofcorse just to unban me.
At last, I want to give some advise for the unban system, as I have probably not done anything that disrupted a player or the server so severely that I got a ban from it. Perhaps it would be better to give somebody a tempban or a warning if the actions are not that severe. 
Out of all players, I think I am in the top of players to have shown exemplary behaviour. I found it rather extraordinary that I came back to the server to see a ban.
Greetings,
Valhalla_Calling

Why do you want to come back: I want to continue to build my base, and have some fun with it, and interacting with players to show my base. Also it would be fun to work this idea that I have for a base out in a server. I chose this server specifically because it is a server that is not chaotic, and has nice features in it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is why I issued a ban.

Breaking a block in a players roof to let lava come down that was placed over it.
[Image: yvleWAw.png]

Theft of heads from outside of the same build. These heads did not roll back correct, they were "camera" which I understand you still have. 
[Image: KHY76ct.png]

This is exactly what is wrong with the ban system.
I suggest to revise it.
I have put in the required effort, however I expected more.
Do not perform the necessery actions for an unban.
You just lost one of the most exemplary players.
Greetings,
Valhalla_Calling