• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: .IamNotDamian

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Violation rule #1

Who banned you: Nether

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I would wanna be given a second chance because i understand that waiting is  important and patience aswell I'm sorry for bugging you in discord , i didn't understand that well at the time . It was night , and i was tired . I'll tell you that i didn't write the last appeal myself , and i'm very sorry.I understand that acting like staff is wrong , i tried it at thattime to make ensure theres no spam ,but now i know staff work behind the cameras.I understand that being annoying on intetion is a rule but sometimes i am not. 
Its just how i am bulid!I am sorry for harrasing staff members to unban me and hassling with ppl. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to comeback because i love this server so much! this server has a charm of its own. I made lots of friends here , and i don't wanna lose them . I got so far , and i don't wanna be banned that soon. Please reconsider my appeal , and answer to it

Sicnerely with respect , 
Damian

.IamNotDamian Wrote:Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: .IamNotDamian

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): REPEATED Violation rule #1

Who banned you: Nether

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I would wanna be given a second chance because i understand that waiting is  important and patience aswell I'm sorry for bugging you in discord , i didn't understand that well at the time . It was night , and i was tired . I'll tell you that i didn't write the last appeal myself , and i'm very sorry.I understand that acting like staff is wrong , i tried it at thattime to make ensure theres no spam ,but now i know staff work behind the cameras.I understand that being annoying on intetion is a rule but sometimes i am not. 
Its just how i am bulid!
I am sorry for harrasing staff members to unban me and hassling with ppl. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to comeback because i love this server so much! this server has a charm of its own. I made lots of friends here , and i don't wanna lose them . I got so far , and i don't wanna be banned that soon. Please reconsider my appeal , and answer to it

Sicnerely with respect , 
Damian

[Image: 8oTZcsV.png]
Staff have lives outside of the server, and I am no exception to that statement. You need not delete and re-upload your appeal 3 times. If you care to fix something, there is an 'edit' button at the bottom of the post you can use to alter it to your liking. 
For your ease and mine, I tend to color-code my responses to appeals. The red highlight of your appeal corresponds accordingly with the red highlight in my response, and the same applies to any of the colors you see scattered throughout your appeal. 

Third chance, fourth if you want to count your Discord ban. Fifth if you want to count your SECOND Discord ban, and I can't even begin to count what number chance you're on if you want to count the innumerable warnings you've been given on the server itself.

Do you? Throughout the few hours I was asleep, you posted, deleted, reuploaded, deleted, and reposted your appeal. This was over the course of 4 hours. Your entire attitude for this process doesn't scream "I'm patient." There are some staff members that would make you wait days before a reply, so be thankful I'm giving you the time of day to even look at this and not force you to wait even longer, especially after what you tried pulling in your first attempt at an appeal. 

Irrelevant.

I know.

Good. I want you to keep this in mind. Our Expert+'s can see when staff kicks or mutes and only staff ranks can see when a player is banned. Just because you don't see us doing things does not mean we aren't. There were at least 4 staff non-afk at the time that the spammer joined. All of our staff are trained and capable to handle situations just like that. It is not the position of players to tell others not to spam. You telling them not to spam when they're clearly only present for malicious reasons isn't going to do anything, and is only giving them the attention that they want by spamming. It's a different situation when someone key-drags unknowingly, or puts an entire sentence in caps, in which case PLENTY of players are more than happy to remind them of the caps rule. 
In case my message isn't clear, here's what you should take from it: if there are staff online and non-afk, we will handle it if we have a problem. That is all. You aren't doing us a favor by reminding players to not "spam caps" when their chat doesn't even break the caps rule (which I've seen you do plenty of times). If a player is asking what a rule is, that's a different story, but don't enforce rules you're in no position to enforce.

I know and understand that sometimes it is unintentional, but you can't be breaking our rules several times a day because of it. We've had plenty of young players come through here, and many of them fare quite well and aren't problematic. You have a considerable number of warns on your account, all things to keep in mind when you're playing. Don't grief other people's builds, don't use derogatory language, don't act the part of the staff, don't trespass... All of these things are in our rules. 

Now, it is customary at this point in the appeal for me to ask you a few questions. Some of them will tie in with your appeal directly, others are ones I want you to answer so that I know you truly understand. Put some effort into your reply, as so far both responses I've given to your appeals have been longer than the appeal itself. Your responses should be several sentences unless noted otherwise.

1. If you are to be unbanned, do you understand the thin ice you walk on when you return? Not only are you consistently a problem, but you've also now personally disrespected me by using a bot to write your last appeal. There are many things I can tolerate, liars are not one of them. Follow-up question since the answer to this one is obvious: why are you on thin ice on our server?
2. Reflect on rule #5 of our ban appeal format thread. Why do you think we have this rule? It might be beneficial for you to look at some of the appeals I've moderated in the past, as this is not the first time I've had to talk about patience to someone who is appealing.
3. Why would you think using a bot to write an appeal is a) ok and b) acceptable? Do you understand the disrespect you've shown both me and our appeal process by using an automated system to create your appeal? (This response should be your longest one).
4. What situation(s) call(s) for you, Damian, to be informing players of our rules? Are there any situations that you shouldn't speak up?
5. Why isn't you being young or "being bulid[sic] that way" a proper excuse for the myriad of grievances you've gotten away with? Do you understand that the rules apply to everyone, regardless of their age or maturity level?
6. Are you willing to accept harsher punishment (perhaps even a permanent ban) if you get caught causing trouble or getting into situations you shouldn't again? (This one can be a yes/no).

Answer #1:Nether ,I am walking on thin ice because i broke some rules.Some are intentional, some are not.I used an bot to write my first appeal for this previous ban , i know, but i didnt understand at that time that that is disrespectfull for you.I don't always understand it until i get a clear answer
Answer #2:I have understaned what patience mean , and i've looked at the rule many times.Patience is the key , and now i know this. I am sorry for harrasing
Answer #3:I think that my answer for this one is neither of them . It wont be the a) answer because its not ok.To be unbanned i have to work on my own appeal , that assures you that i really want to be unbannes and it wont be the b) answer either because its not acceptable . Its an hassle , and i now understand it! it is something that is not acceptable and from now on I should keep this in mind.I know that asking other staff for unban is not good and Saying Hello? Can you answer to the apply?" Wont change anything and it will be the same amount of time
Answer #4 : No situation called for me to answer or make justice there. I am a simple player that should listen to staff. I should let the staff members do this because it is their duty.I realized that staff members work from behind the cameras, and I'm very sorry if I disturbed a public battle in the chat.
Answer #5 : I understand that the rules apply regardless of age, but as I am stubborn, I learn them with difficulty.I will understand later in life to always read the rules before doing something wrong.I will ruin my whole life, and again if I get unbanned, ill destroy my gameplay and my relationship with friends from there.
Answer #6Yes , i am willing to accept harsher punishments if i get in trouble again, i have to be carefull of every move i do .If I break the rules, I'll let you punish me even worse, because I deserve it.

.IamNotDamian Wrote:Answer #1:Nether ,I am walking on thin ice because i broke some rules.Some are intentional, some are not.I used an bot to write my first appeal for this previous ban , i know, but i didnt understand at that time that that is disrespectfull for you.I don't always understand it until i get a clear answer
Answer #2:I have understaned what patience mean , and i've looked at the rule many times.Patience is the key , and now i know this. I am sorry for harrasing
Answer #3:I think that my answer for this one is neither of them . It wont be the a) answer because its not ok.To be unbanned i have to work on my own appeal , that assures you that i really want to be unbannes and it wont be the b) answer either because its not acceptable . Its an hassle , and i now understand it! it is something that is not acceptable and from now on I should keep this in mind.I know that asking other staff for unban is not good and Saying Hello? Can you answer to the apply?" Wont change anything and it will be the same amount of time
Answer #4 : No situation called for me to answer or make justice there. I am a simple player that should listen to staff. I should let the staff members do this because it is their duty.I realized that staff members work from behind the cameras, and I'm very sorry if I disturbed a public battle in the chat.
Answer #5 : I understand that the rules apply regardless of age, but as I am stubborn, I learn them with difficulty.I will understand later in life to always read the rules before doing something wrong.I will ruin my whole life, and again if I get unbanned, ill destroy my gameplay and my relationship with friends from there.
Answer #6Yes , i am willing to accept harsher punishments if i get in trouble again, i have to be carefull of every move i do .If I break the rules, I'll let you punish me even worse, because I deserve it.

The only thing I'll correct is this answer. This is exactly what I said to you in my last reply, "Good. I want you to keep this in mind. Our Expert+'s can see when staff kicks or mutes and only staff ranks can see when a player is banned. Just because you don't see us doing things does not mean we aren't. There were at least 4 staff non-afk at the time that the spammer joined. All of our staff are trained and capable to handle situations just like that. It is not the position of players to tell others not to spam. You telling them not to spam when they're clearly only present for malicious reasons isn't going to do anything, and is only giving them the attention that they want by spamming. It's a different situation when someone key-drags unknowingly, or puts an entire sentence in caps, in which case PLENTY of players are more than happy to remind them of the caps rule. 

In case my message isn't clear, here's what you should take from it: if there are staff online and non-afk, we will handle it if we have a problem. That is all. You aren't doing us a favor by reminding players to not "spam caps" when their chat doesn't even break the caps rule (which I've seen you do plenty of times). If a player is asking what a rule is, that's a different story, but don't enforce rules you're in no position to enforce."

That being said, the correct answer to my question is "It is acceptable to inform a player of our rules when they ask what a specific rule is and there are no staff on/non-afk to answer their question."
Other than that, we've got it.

Your ban has been converted to a non-appealable 7-day temp-ban starting when this message is posted (~12:45PM EST May 1st, 2023) and will expire at the same time on May 8th, 2023. Welcome back to HomeTown, stay out of trouble.

As a side note, just so you're aware, you need to make a separate appeal for your discord ban, as it was a separate instance from your server ban.