• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): the hometown server??

Minecraft name: .PivotalFlame539

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Greiefing. Ban evasion

Who banned you: UberDeathBunny

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I'm sorry for what I did, I really am. I should have done better and followed the rules. I was messing around with warps and tried /warp diamond not knowing about it because I am new. I'm not going to say I should be unbanned because It's not up to me. But if I do get unbanned this will never happen again Sad. I borrowed my friend's mc acc to play again because I thought I could do good for a while, then reveal myself and show everyone how I've changed. But that didn't happen. I didn't know I could ban appeal because after I got banned I felt too guilty to try to go back to the server. I'm sorry for wrecking the stuff. I returned everything. But most of all. Even if I don't get unbanned, please tell DiamondBlockBen That I regret what I did because I feel I betrayed him. 
EDIT: I looked through some other ban appeals and learned my lesson from other responses. Just because something isn't claimed doesn't mean It's free for the taking. And UberDeathBunny, if you are the one who responds, please don't put that "I banned you for breaking the rules and you don't belong here" stuff. It's hurtful. Just accept or deny my appeal. pls? Also, I have researched you from prior ban appeals to prove that I really want to be unbanned and have discovered that you usually give questions that must be answered in 5-8 sentences. I will inform you That I am ready to answer those questions. (From the bans I have studied) You seem to deal with x-rays a lot which seems hard. Also, even if I don't get unbanned, please talk to the other staff about /warp diamond. It seems to sometimes cause problems like with me. Maybe consider moving it to a private warp for only certain people? It is too tempting.

Why do you want to come back: Hometown server is the best and only server I've ever been to. When I play there, I feel like I'm finnaly somewhere where people notice me. Everyone there is so friendly and nice. I already miss everyone there.

I will be handling your ban appeal since I issued the first ban on your original account.

Your original offense was theft from /warp diamond. When confronted about taking things that don't belong to you, you stated that you banned yourself and logged off. That is not how it works. Had you stayed online, talked to me, and convinced me that you understand that you're not allowed to take things from other people's builds, I would have issued a warning and you could have continued playing. Instead, you decided to change accounts hoping that staff wouldn't notice. We did notice. We were well aware that it was you and we were watching you closely.

Nevertheless, this ban appeal only pertains to the initial ban on the account .PivotalFlame539 for theft from /warp diamond. Keep in mind that even if .PivotalFlame539 is unbanned, you will need to create another ban appeal to UberDeathBunny  (including the IP ban) for your other offenses before you can log on.

You stated in your appeal that /warp diamond is too tempting and should be made private. There are many public warps and bases where players like to display their treasures and, as you are now aware, players do not have to claim their builds in order for them to be protected by the grief and theft rules of HomeTown. If the temptation exists at /warp diamond, you would have eventually found something on the server that tempted you to take it.

I would like for you to respond to this post to convince me of a few things.

1. I need to know that you understand what grief and theft are when it comes to unclaimed builds on the server.
2. Why is it wrong?
3. How does it affect other players on the server?
4. If allowed back, do you promise not to grief/steal from any other builds?
5. When confronted by staff, rather than log off and change accounts in an attempt to hide your identity, what would be a better course of action?

When confronted, you placed the 8 shulker shells and 64 diamond blocks back into the white shulker that you took them from. You did not replace the 12 slot tokens (gold nuggets) that you removed. They are still in your inventory. Should you be unbanned, you will need to turn them over to a staff member promptly on returning.

Hi, I don't have access to my normal pc, so i'm replying from here instead. (Also when I returned the stuff I forgot about the gold nuggets so I will make sure to return them and I would also like to apologize to the player I took it from)
1.  I understand that grief and theft are bad because I have experienced them firsthand. Someone raided my first base 2 yrs ago and it felt really bad. I just joined and it made me feel horrible. Even if a build is unclaimed doesn't mean you can just destroy it and steal from it.

2. Greifing is bad because you are ruining another persons hard work. It's not okay just to break/steal/ruin something because you feel like it. Even if no one says you can't. If you want something really bad you can just ask that person or buy it from a shop.

3. It can seriously affect other players on the server because I would have more loot than other people even though I didn't work for it. It's not fair that everyone has to grind to get that stuff while I just stole it.

4. Yes, I promise to not grief or steal from anyone on the server again even if the build is unclaimed. (I'm not sure if I'm supposed to write more for this part. If I am, please tell me.)

5. I should not try to run away from my mistakes and instead, own up to them, talk it through, and find the best solution.

Seeing as how your original crime could have been resolved had you stuck around to talk about it, I find this appeal to be sufficient. I will lift the ban on your account, .PivotalFlame539.

However, you are not welcome back on the server just yet. You went on to evade the original ban and grief another base with the new account. That is a total of 3 bannable offenses in less than 24 hours. Your second and third strike may not be as easily forgivable as your first. Your fate is ultimately in UberDeathBunny's hands, as he is the one that issued the IP ban along with the ban on .RotaryInk952431. Please do not attempt to evade those bans before resolving them with Uber through a new ban appeal.

I am sorry, but please remind me which other base I greifed?

You'll have to take that up with UberDeathBunny in your new appeal. Keep in mind that you are appealing your grief and IP ban for the .RotaryInk952431 account.

PivotalFlame539/.RotaryInk952431 Please make a new appeal so we can discuss your ban. The reason for the ban would be as follows: Ban evasion and Grief